"Beach Sand Renourishment" at Poly?

I'm sorry I have to clarify, he didn't say the slide would be closed 6 weeks, he did say it would be closed 2 weeks(anytime during those 6 weeks). He didn't say anything about the pool being closed even with the painting :confused3 I'm sorry this doesn't help much but this is all I got.

:scared1: I'm going to be afraid to check the boards if this is the info that's going to be posted. While I appreciate knowing, it's the "I thinks" that make me nervous. Here's my question: if we arrive and find that the situation is unacceptable can we switch hotels and still get the discount that we're getting at the Poly? Or would it be best to change now? Is the room only discount even available at this point?

Anyone been at the Poly during pool painting? Is it a big deal?

I hope the vaca is relaxing because this planning is stressing me out! Serenity now!!:hippie:

I'm sorry I didn't mean to cause false alarms by saying he said they think but was sharing what he said just in case pool painting is in fact occuring for that time period & it might deter someone's vacation :confused3 Perhaps someone could inquire further with rec staff further to get a more clear answer on that.

For the beach issue though for xmas week to 1st week of Jan, rec staff wasn't able to give clear answer & now I just noticed that magical kingdoms website moved dates to Jan 4 - 12, 2012 so at this point, I guess we are just going to keep the reservation as is for xmas time & hope for the best :)

I just contacted Poly IPO regarding the pool/slide refurb and here is what I got back. My dates that I had questioned were 1/14-1/20.

Aloha!

As of right now, we are planning to refurbish the water slide not the entire pool. Those tentative dates do sound right but as of right now the entire pool will not be closed just the slide. We do not have confirmed date information as of now. We do know that is will take 6 weeks for the slide.
Please contact us if you have any further questions or requests.

Hope this helps. It's rather disappointing to me as the volcano slide is near the top of my kids' favorite activities at WDW. Also, I did notice that the way the response is worded it leaves the possibility of a full pool closure on the table :sick:

Ugh, I'll be watching closely about this pool/slide thing. We'll be at the Poly march 3-10. Sounds like it should be done by then, but if not...we'd probably want to switch resorts. Pool and slide are just too important to our kids. They swim and slide every day, at least once!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter