BCV/SSR Hand Rail Photo Request

StephenKay

DVC Member VWL 2001
Hi there,

A friend of ours has just purchased at SSR, and he was wondering does anybody have pictures of the rooms for disabled access, eg the grab rails in the toilets or shower rooms. If anyone has BCV of the above this would be useful also.

Many Thanks in advance,

StephenKay said:
Hi there,

A friend of ours has just purchased at SSR, and he was wondering does anybody have pictures of the rooms for disabled access, eg the grab rails in the toilets or shower rooms. If anyone has BCV of the above this would be useful also.

Many Thanks in advance,
I can't look for it now (I'm at work on my lunch break), but there is a picture somewhere on the DIS that shows the handicaped bathroom at BCV.

OK.I found the pictures I was looking for.
These are
pictures of BCV.
Pictures 29 and 30 (near the bottom of the page) show the roll in shower in a fully wheelchair accessible room. I think it's the master bath in a 1 or 2 bedroom unit.

Picture 23 shows the bathtub. I believe that's just a regular room; the studio or non-master bath one. I think all those bathtubs have grab bars in the bathtubs without being handicapped rooms.

I looked thru the pictures of SSR, but none of them show the wheelchair accessible room.
We have stayed at both BCV and SSR (but not in an accessible unit). The layout/space of the units are pretty much the same.

You could also suggest your friend contact their DVC guide and ask if he/she could take some pictures and email them to your friend.

Picture #29 is I believe a studio/ 2nd bedroom in a lockoff at BCV. The clue is the reflection of the microwave and small fridge in the mirror.

We've had dedicated studios at BCV with tubs for a couple one night stays. I believe that is what you're seeing in Sue's picture #23. Regular studios have the sink outside the BR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter