BCV Getting Harder to Book - Epcot and HS expansion making it harder

NickBCV

Mouseketeer
We are owners at BCV and have found it harder and harder to book at 7-10 months out for Beach Club. With the opening of Toy Story Land, expanded Start Wars in HS and Ratatouille in the World Showcase along with Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot I just see this getting even harder to book.

Add that to the best pool in the DVC network and added transportation of the Gondolas coming soon as well, this is going going to be a super popular resort. No wonder the prices in the resale market continue to soar!

Some of that increased difficulty is due to renting. Renters know they have to book early to get a BCV studio. Without renting, those points would probably not get used during the home resort priority period.

1 Bedrooms still seem fairly available during the home resort priority period, though.

All resorts are now harder to book and it will get worse as time goes on. Buy at your favorite resort now, sell the resorts or rent they resorts that you thought were your favorites.

:earsboy: Bill
Good advice Bill. W are always on the lookout for good value in the resale market but finding those contracts we like are getting harder and harder to find.

Some of that increased difficulty is due to renting. Renters know they have to book early to get a BCV studio. Without renting, those points would probably not get used during the home resort priority period.

1 Bedrooms still seem fairly available during the home resort priority period, though.
Depends on time of year....Food and Wine season everything goes quickly at Beach Club.

All resorts are now harder to book and it will get worse as time goes on. Buy at your favorite resort now, sell the resorts or rent they resorts that you thought were your favorites.

:earsboy: Bill
Or do more of what we have done in the past.....I'll book at 11 months for you, if you book at 11 months for me. This works well for us, as we own at Grand Californian and usually if there is a discrepancy in points, the people trading are cool with not worrying about us using 10 to 15 points than they are using because they are getting Grand Californian. Although having seen some of the recent horror stories with people renting points, we are a little more hesitant to do this now.

We are owners at BCV and have found it harder and harder to book at 7-10 months out for Beach Club. With the opening of Toy Story Land, expanded Start Wars in HS and Ratatouille in the World Showcase along with Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot I just see this getting even harder to book.

Add that to the best pool in the DVC network and added transportation of the Gondolas coming soon as well, this is going going to be a super popular resort.

How will the Gondolas make BCV more difficult to book?

"The system will connect Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts with Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot, giving visitors a scenic new way to travel between the properties."

Add that to the best pool in the DVC network and added transportation of the Gondolas coming soon as well, this is going going to be a super popular resort. No wonder the prices in the resale market continue to soar!

We are also BCV owners and agree it's getting more difficult to book a studio. I booked two weeks after the 11 month opening (for end of October) and had to choose a 1 bedroom instead of a studio. That was a first for us and we go every October. I don't mind but really wanted the studio. I will have to put the 11 month date in my calendar so as not to forget for the next time.

How will the Gondolas make BCV more difficult to book?

"The system will connect Disney’s Art of Animation, Pop Century and Caribbean Beach resorts with Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the International Gateway at Epcot, giving visitors a scenic new way to travel between the properties."
BCV is just off of International Gateway, so the gondolas will add a transportation route from BCV to HS.

BCV is just off of International Gateway, so the gondolas will add a transportation route from BCV to HS.

I haven’t been following this, but I believe the transfer spot will be Caribbean Beach. So you would get on the gondola at International Gateway at Epcot, ride to Carribean Beach, get off the gondola, then get on a different gondola to go to Hollywood Studios. Not sure everybody at BCV would choose that over walking or taking the boat.

I haven’t been following this, but I believe the transfer spot will be Caribbean Beach. So you would get on the gondola at International Gateway at Epcot, ride to Carribean Beach, get off the gondola, then get on a different gondola to go to Hollywood Studios. Not sure everybody at BCV would choose that over walking or taking the boat.
Some people will like the new option, and that’s enough.

Not everybody has to like it, but if even 30% do, that’s gonna make BCV more in demand.

BCV is my home resort. I think it’s too far to walk to HS and the boat is hit or miss. I’m excited about gondolas. Makes me nostalgic for Astroworld.

Depends on time of year....Food and Wine season everything goes quickly at Beach Club.
So true! First year we couldn't book Poly, BCV, or BWV at exactly 7 months for our F&W October trip:confused:.Have always been successful even during F&W, since we have been members since 2008. Happy:jumping1: that I was able to book at BLT, split stay first time though.

Maybe not so many if you have to enter the park to board. I'm curious to see how they will handle entrance security. Perhaps they will screen at the resorts like they do for the resort monorail. Perhaps at the transfer point.

I agree it is getting harder to book at BCV other than 11 months out and have been considering adding more points there. My primary hesitation is that I’d prefer not to have to plan that far ahead ... but if I don’t owning there won’t matter. I’m trying to be optimistic but I’m not sure the gondolas will add any value to BCV - more congested International Gateway entrance, Boardwalk area, already pretty easy to get to Hollywood Studios, etc.

Bcv is also a small resort too. I’m a Bwv owner and getting the standard rooms is increasingly hard to get at the 11 month window. I’ve gotten shut out several times for my first nights, but had to waitlist at the 11 month window to get it. I also own at BLT and those standards are equally hard to get, because there are so few.

At current prices, every new BCV owner is buying for the 11 month window.

Also due to end date. If you pop $135 for BCV with 24 years left, you’re doing so in order to stay at BCV.

With every resale closing, the 11 month window is locked in even more.

We got a great deal ($84/pt) for 250 BCV points right before the prices started to pop in 2014. I talked DW into it with a, “Trust me on this one.” Turns out to be one of the more savvy things I’ve done. Honestly, I was looking for AKV points and the perfect BCV contract popped up. Back then, you had more than 10 minutes to pull the trigger on a great contract. I thought about it for more than a day before making an offer.

Once I got past the 2042 end date and decided that the next 3 decades were more valuable than where I’ll be vacationing 28 years from now (turns out that’ll be Poly), BCV was a no-brainer.

Yes...plus the novelty of the gondolas and people looking at this as a "ride". I think the more things that are developed around BCV, the greater the draw to be in the middle of everything.

I am very happy to own at both Epcot resorts, BCV & BWV!

( I am not kidding anyone, we own at 9 resorts and love them all!)

Regarding the difficulty with booking at the 7 month mark for Food and Wine, all of the WDW DVC resorts have that problem it is not just BCVs. If the owners book their points at the 11 month mark and used banked or borrowed and current year points it blocks other owners during the home resort period. DVC is set up that each owner uses one year of points and that the owners spread out their vacations over the entire year. But large number of DVC members want to vacation from October through Marathon weekend in January. Normally only a quarter of DVC members could book those three months. Availability happens when people use their points for an exchange or for another year or book somewhere else at the 7 month mark. The problem is that owners all have the rooms already booked so no one can more at the 7 month mark for food and wine. Only cancelations open up room availability.

Maybe not so many if you have to enter the park to board. I'm curious to see how they will handle entrance security. Perhaps they will screen at the resorts like they do for the resort monorail. Perhaps at the transfer point.

I expect the entrance will be outside the park for the reason that guests might ride the Skyliner from a park and go to an Epcot resort. Or if it does enter into the park the guests will have exit before the MBs are scanned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!