• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BCV DVC Members

Sammie

DIS Veteran
Ok you BCV members your giving the place a bad name, ;)

This is from a review of the Yacht after a guest asked to be moved from the Beach Club due to all the noise in the lobby, etc.

Quote:The person at the front desk of the Yacht Club said that the Beach Club had the Villas and people would often pack A LOT of people in a room, which made the Beach Club a lot more crowded.

So you guys better quit over loading those villas and quieten, down or you going to the Top of the List, :rotfl:

Sammie said:
Ok you BCV members your giving the place a bad name, ;)

This is from a review of the Yacht after a guest asked to be moved from the Beach Club due to all the noise in the lobby, etc.

Quote:The person at the front desk of the Yacht Club said that the Beach Club had the Villas and people would often pack A LOT of people in a room, which made the Beach Club a lot more crowded.

So you guys better quit over loading those villas and quieten, down or you going to the Top of the List, :rotfl:

Yea, 8 is a lot in a room-its called a 2BR. They can squish in those tiny Yacht Club rooms all they want.

Hmmmm let me get this straight , :teacher: someone staying at the BC :snooty: said that it was to noisey :rockband: & :crowded: :crowded: :crowded: in the BCV and they wanted to be moved over to the YC :boat: .......

Last time i checked the BCV is a seperate building from the BC so i dont know how someone staying at the BC can say the BCV are over crowded & noisey,
dont forget the restaurant cape mays that doesnt help being located just off the BC lobby.

i did find the post here it is...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=815411

I would agree the BC is upbeat people compare to the YC more relaxed, i think thisCM at the YC needs to give us BCV an apology(couldnt find a smiley face for "sorry") ;)

I think the comment was the lobby and both DVC and Beach Club guests do use the same check in area and the store etc. The comment came from a CM at the Front Desk at the Yacht Club as to why there was more noise over there.

I don't really imagine DVC members are any routier than most. Ok a few probably are. ;) But the added numbers have had an effect on the peace and quiet at the Beach lobby and public areas, there is no way it couldn't. Same with Wilderness Lodge.

I know everyone loves the locations, but I think Disney does everyone a disservice by crowding a DVC resort into an exisiting facility and not increasing the public areas.

Both BCV and VWL should have their own check in area added. Both need there are own snack food area with sit down seating.

Gosh, I guess it has nothing to do with all those YC guests coming over to Cape May for the breakfast buffet. ;) That makes the lobby the noisiest.

We just got back from the BCV's yesterday (sorry, just DH, DS3 and me packing ourselves into a one br, so probably not the noisy ones :goodvibes ) and...um...donning my flame proof suit but I have to say that the Beach Club was so much more comfortable and laid back and bright and cheerful than the Yacht Club. Wow. We had dinner at the Yacht Club Galley one night and yes, there were only about 7 tables with people at them, but it just felt so stodgy and uptight! And this was the casual restaurant! I do know that Cape May is a different type of restaurant than YCGalley, but again...bright and upbeat and fun. We were amazed at the difference between the lobbies even...wow.

I don't like to post anything negative so as not to offend anyone who is a diehard YC fan, but I have to say that the personality who wants to move from the BC to the YC because of the noise...should probably pack 'em up and head 'em out.

slk537 said:
We just got back from the BCV's yesterday (sorry, just DH, DS3 and me packing ourselves into a one br, so probably not the noisy ones :goodvibes ) and...um...donning my flame proof suit but I have to say that the Beach Club was so much more comfortable and laid back and bright and cheerful than the Yacht Club. Wow. We had dinner at the Yacht Club Galley one night and yes, there were only about 7 tables with people at them, but it just felt so stodgy and uptight! And this was the casual restaurant! I do know that Cape May is a different type of restaurant than YCGalley, but again...bright and upbeat and fun. We were amazed at the difference between the lobbies even...wow.

I don't like to post anything negative so as not to offend anyone who is a diehard YC fan, but I have to say that the personality who wants to move from the BC to the YC because of the noise...should probably pack 'em up and head 'em out.

ITA!!! I'm not a big fan of the YC...but, to each his own.

The thread on the resort board REALLY got my goat. I'm ashamed how mad I got over someone's stupid comments...but, I get really tired of hearing how "trashy" we all are, and how we don't deserve to be at a "first class" resort.

When we stayed last December at VWL, the resort was FULL and the lobby was "hopping", but when you got over to the villas, you could've heard a pin drop. That place (exept for the really nice families around the fireplace) was silent...it was really strange. You would've thought the whole resort was empty.

I'm sure I am just being over-sensitive. But, I have dreamed about being an owner of BCV for SOOO long. I sold my other DVC contracts (we couldn't afford both), and went thru ROFR SIX times to get my contracts. We spent a LOT of money (we all know BCV contracts are NOT cheap!!) And, then I get told that we are "trashing" a resort to the point that other guests have to be relocated...

Sorry...just needed to vent!!!

:wave:
Beca....PROUD BCV owner :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Beca, Deb & Bill, Jade1,
You guys have it all wrong. We should all be happy over these reports and do our level best to propagate them. Tell everyone how noisy and horrible it is to stay the Beach Club--especially the villas.
In fact, I think everyone with BCV contracts should sell them.

Sell them all now, while you can.

I will sacrifice my, and my family's, stays at WDW and buy them from you, (cheaply of course) because the place is so God-awful noisy.

We are willing to put up with the horrendous surroundings and noise that one should never expect to have to put up with at such a secluded, unknown place as Disney World--especially since it does nothing to try to attract families (i.e.-people with children who are inherently noisy).

Feel free to list all contracts for sale here. :earboy2: :wave:

Doc and Family said:
Beca, Deb & Bill, Jade1,
You guys have it all wrong. We should all be happy over these reports and do our level best to propagate them. Tell everyone how noisy and horrible it is to stay the Beach Club--especially the villas.
In fact, I think everyone with BCV contracts should sell them.

Sell them all now, while you can.

I will sacrifice my, and my family's, stays at WDW and buy them from you, (cheaply of course) because the place is so God-awful noisy.

We are willing to put up with the horrendous surroundings and noise that one should never expect to have to put up with at such a secluded, unknown place as Disney World--especially since it does nothing to try to attract families (i.e.-people with children who are inherently noisy).

Feel free to list all contracts for sale here. :earboy2: :wave:

Gosh, what's wrong with me?!!! You are SOO right!!! Yes, I am trashy, and yes I will let my child crawl all over the lobby curtains. Me and my husband/slash brother (we are from the South, after all) will take our baths in SAB, and okay...I admit it....I have put my 38 cousins in a studio!!

Does that help?

;)

Beca

Along these lines, I have to confess to you all what a horrible little child DS is at the VWL - the stories I could tell you would curl your hair...

Think this'll help up with an add on? ;)

People can be so stupid with their generalizations! We all know the Villas most certainly DID add "public spaces" to the Beach Club... There are two or three beautiful rooms, one is called "drawing room," no? I have sat there myself writing out postcards on a quiet morning while my family slept. These quiet rooms are in fact so lovely that I never ONCE sat in the "main" Beach Club lobby and I suspect that is the case with most DVC families... Who needs to hang out in the lobby when you have a gorgeous DVC room?

It always amazes me when people act surprised that it is crowded at WDW and that there are kids there having fun... DUH!

Beca,

You crack me up!

The next Yeary reunion, I want to invite you and your family, they will fit right in with mine. I thought I was the only Southerner on the board, married to my wife/sister!

Tom

We can eat :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar
We can drink :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1
And be merry :banana: :banana: :banana:

:cheer2: :cheer2: :rockband: :rockband: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Oh the horrors! Imagine making a lot of noise when you are having fun fun fun :teeth:

It sounds like some cast members have a grudge. Maybe because some DVC members believe we need to kick and scream to make sure we get all our villa requests. And I don't think it's BCV owners any more than the rest of us. It's not just BCV owners that stay there, and I'm sure BCV isn't the only resort where this is the attitude.

We need to work on winning the CMs over. They need to believe that DVC members are the BEST guests to work with. I think comments like that would stop. And I think we would start getting our requests!!!

I know people disagree with this. Who think we should walk in all grumpy and nasty and demanding and THEY should cheer us up, yes massa, no massa, etc. Some say I'm the "glass half-empty guy" for saying this. But that's the way the world works and WDW isn't any different.

momoftwins said:
We can eat :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar :mickeybar
We can drink :drinking1 :drinking1 :drinking1
And be merry :banana: :banana: :banana:

:cheer2: :cheer2: :rockband: :rockband: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Oh the horrors! Imagine making a lot of noise when you are having fun fun fun :teeth:

Perhaps the best use of smileys on these boards ever. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter