BCV direct points

DEDisneylover

Mouseketeer
Got a call yesterday that the BCV direct points that I added myself to the list for last year are available. I only wanted 75, and have been looking for months for a contract that size. I just bought VGF resale, April UY. Do I want to pay direct prices for BCV? Of course not. What do you think the chances of a resale contract, April UY coming though are though? Just curious for others thoughts. TIA!

We must have been posting threads at the same time about this. I also got a call yesterday that my points suddenly came available, $225 a point for 50 points at BLT October use year. Personally there is no way I’ll pay those prices. Hubby really loves Wilderness Lodge so we’re gonna search for something resale there instead. BCV is a different story, I love BCV. But if you’re willing to wait something will probably show up eventually but the price on those points seem to remain a little higher than others. Take a look at some of the reseller websites and see if you can find anything else close in point size to get an idea of pricing and then compare with direct to see if the wait is worth the price difference. Good luck!

If you look at multiple resale sites and are patient, something usually comes up.
A smaller contract like 25-50 points often is at a higher price per point than a larger contract, but still should be much lower than direct.
Good luck!

The chances of getting 75 April UY Beach Club points on the resale market, and the contract getting through ROFR is not good right now.

If you want the points, I'd buy them direct. Yeah, you'll be paying almost a 75 to 100 dollar per point premium, but if you really want them you should grab them.

BCV is being ROFR'd at a very high rate right now. Since Jan 1 only 44 contracts made it through ROFR, and 38 were taken.
BCV only has 3M total DVC points, it's a smaller resort and demand is high. Disney has sold 38 new BCV contracts since Jan 1, 2019, many of these at the 225 price point. People are indeed paying the asking price.
April use year contracts aren't super rare, but they're not one of the larger UY at BCV either. 12.8% of all points, or 387K points have an April use year.
Due to it's smaller size and high demand, not many BCV contracts change hands. 118 since Jan 1, 2019. AKL has 414 contracts change hands.

Anything is possible, but I really do think if you have to have those points you're going to have to buy them direct. If you were looking for 200 FEB, I'd say wait and find them on the resale market. 75 April though, different story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter