BCV-Beach Club Villas advice

westie22

Earning My Ears
Hooray! Our wait list came through for a studio at BCV!!! We've never stayed there before. What room requests should I make? I'd love to be able to see Illuminations so should we request EPCOT facing on a higher floor? Is there such thing as a studio that is EPCOT facing on an upper floor, near lobby?

And is there no Community Hall? Am I reading that right? We loved doing the community hall activities at BLT....

Thanks,
Laura

We stayed there for the first time this passed September. We used to be diehard AKV lovers but have now switched to BCV! We love everything there is to do. The amount of things going on all the time with the boardwalk and the great places to eat make up for the lack of a community room. You will LOVE it. I'm so jealous. Enjoy :thumbsup2

There really isn't a good Epcot view and that side of the building is above a road and service area.

Your best bet to see some fireworks is to walk to the front of the resort next to the lake and watch from the bridge.

:earsboy: Bill

We just returned from another great BCV stay; it's my home resort.

The Epcot/Illuminations view (also known as the woods view) is probably my least favorite room location because of the noise from the service road. It's not bad from inside the room but if you sit on your balcony for any time (we spend a lot of time out there reading) it's quite noisy.

I never made a room location request here because there are no views worth requesting IMO. The resort is so small that I don't even see the point in requesting to be near elevators either. I just request to be on floor 2 or above.

I agree, there are no really special room view requests at BCV. The building is behind the Beach Club, so there are no lake views.
I have never had a room I didn't like here. We have even had a room overlooking the canal and the dreaded service road behind it, and enjoyed that room.
Last week I had requested "Higher Floor, Water View" and we received 2nd floor Woods View. I enjoyed it, but it was about opposite my requests.
We did online check in and the room was ready at 11 AM. I think maybe that over rides your requests - I don't know.
BCV runs at 95% or higher occupancy. No matter what you request, they can only assign you to a room that happens to be open the day you check in. So requests really are just requests and not guaranteed here.
Have Fun - We love our BCV

I like to request a higher floor. The walkways seem to be very close to the first floor patios at BC. Having a higher floor seems to give a little more privacy.

Good information, as I will be staying there for the first time as well. Is there a community hall at BoardWalk - and if so, can we use that?

We just returned from another great BCV stay; it's my home resort.

The Epcot/Illuminations view (also known as the woods view) is probably my least favorite room location because of the noise from the service road. It's not bad from inside the room but if you sit on your balcony for any time (we spend a lot of time out there reading) it's quite noisy.

I never made a room location request here because there are no views worth requesting IMO. The resort is so small that I don't even see the point in requesting to be near elevators either. I just request to be on floor 2 or above.

I always request "woods view", and rarely do I overlook the service road. Almost always I'm on the inside of the "U". I remember one studio where I had an excellent view of Illuminations-422. And it's just around the corner from the elevators. Usually we're down in the "jog", about half way down the hall and to the right (KWIM?), facing into the woods. Although I love the peace and quiet there, you really have to lean left to see much of Illuminations, but you do get a nice view of the Eiffel Tower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter