Bay Lake Tower Standard View

Lower floors. Tops of vehicles in the parking lot and the pool.

Does anyone have pictures of what I can expect from a standard view at BLT?
Well, Bobbiwoz had one of the best lower floor, standard views, quite the coup! In September we got the phenomenal 1st floor view of the shuffleboard court, and no I didn't bother to take a picture. Given that it was a F&W week-end where we spend little to no time in the villa but to sleep, it really didn't affect my stay, other than the room being a bit dark, as there are no sheers to obstruct the inside view, so the drapes remained closed.

Described as such: 7109 standard view (studio) (view of shuffleboard courts, has patio) You get a view of the players, at no extra cost!

Last edited:
We had a great standard view studio in 2015. Ground floor, inner "C"...overlooking the bocce court. We LOVED this room. Very peaceful and serene. Steps to our car or the elevator to the CR.

Might be the wrong place to ask this, my first time booking anything in DVC instead of the regular resorts. We've booked a Standard View 2 Bedroom villa for September of next year. Does booking as a 2 bedroom villa ensure that I get a dedicated villa, or might I be assigned a lock off? Lock off room would stink for our traveling party as I don't really like having to deal with a foldout bed as a sleeping surface.

We've booked a Does booking as a 2 bedroom villa ensure that I get a dedicated villa, or might I be assigned a lock off? Lock off room would stink for our traveling party as I don't really like having to deal with a foldout bed as a sleeping surface.
I always book a "dedicated" 2 bedroom, first because we love to be altogether and interact, but mostly for the 2 beds in the 2nd bedroom for those resorts that have them. If your reservation doesn't actually make mention of one or the other, then you make get one or the other. An actual DVC reservation does tell you exactly what you reserved.

When you book through the regular Disney World website it looks like this. It doesn't say "or 1 King bed, 1 Queen bed, 2 Queen sleeper sofas and a twin size sleeper chair". Usually the website will tell you if there's a different room config you could be assigned.
room type.png

You might be good, as I look at my DVC August reservation for a dedicated 2 bedroom, contrary to what showed in years past, it just shows a 2 bedroom, though it asked as I reserved. Maybe only when you do the lock-off option does it show.

I called the travel booking line for WDW just to check and they say that my reservation doesn't show a "code" for Lockoff. Fingers crossed that's accurate!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!