Barca33Runner's Journal: Thanks For Noticin' Me(Comments Welcome)

Congrats @Barca33Runner ! Getting a final time lower than what you wrote on here...that's always a success in my book!
I understand what you say about seeing other people's success stories and there's two paths that can take you down. A) feeling like you aren't living up to everyone else and B) letting it ignite your fire. I've had both feelings and sometimes I've had them at the same exact time. We're human...it's ok.
Oh and also C) being super pumped for those people.

And today I am super pumped for you! Go get your Dopey again! :)

Also D) I'm jealous of your greek food eating and Thor watching.

Congrats @Barca33Runner ! Getting a final time lower than what you wrote on here...that's always a success in my book!
I understand what you say about seeing other people's success stories and there's two paths that can take you down. A) feeling like you aren't living up to everyone else and B) letting it ignite your fire. I've had both feelings and sometimes I've had them at the same exact time. We're human...it's ok.
Oh and also C) being super pumped for those people.

And today I am super pumped for you! Go get your Dopey again! :)

Also D) I'm jealous of your greek food eating and Thor watching.

Thanks. Yeah, I am always super pumped for everyone else. It's one of the things that makes me so hard on myself, I know others can do it and I just need to accomplish the same level of commitment and determination. There's no secret formula, I know what I have to do. As silly as it sounds I think I was doing the hard work for two or three years and have now spent the last three trying to create some secret formula of laziness + unearned sense of accomplishment = fitness. I mean, when I write the formula out it seems silly that I ever thought I could make it work; nonetheless I spent those three years mixing varying levels of both of the named variables (along with a healthy dose of complacency) trying to crack the code. I probably would have had a better time working on cold fusion. Perhaps, in this one instance, quitting will be very helpful.

And I see congratulations are in order for you as well for a successful 5K and WDW trip. Speaking of jealousy, I've always wanted to attend Wine and Dine Weekend and it looks like it was a blast. I think I'd be happy with your 5K time even without making all the character stops right now.

The cold fusion remark made me laugh! Complacency is so easy to slip into. And there are plenty of times I question if I really want to keep running - even though I know I really do.

And, I do recommend W&D weekend even though the time we went was the shortened half race. It's one I'd like to do again, but also just to enjoy the festival. It was awesome!

Today was the last day of recovery after my Half. Back to running tomorrow.

It is also an end, of sorts, to my early morning runs. Harvest has finally gotten close enough to the finish line for hours to be dialed back. I really liked the feeling of running before work, but it was getting difficult to wake up so early every day. I am going to mix up my schedule with some early wake ups, but will shift a majority of my workouts back to the afternoon after work.

Realized a couple days ago that I forgot my weekly 5 songs. Pretty good start to that attempt at structure that I forget in the second week, but that's how I roll. Anyway, I decided to go with a new title:

5 songs that I like for the week (that no one asked for, but give me something to post)

Moneygrabber by Fitz and the Tantrums-It's catchy and upbeat.

Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News-Maybe my all-time favorite. I like the movie, but I'm not sure I'd have a dog named McFly if they'd used a less catchy song.

Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis-Call it blasphemous, but when I hear the first few bars of Imagine I pray that it's this song.

Straight Up by Paula Abdul-Because why not?

Part of Your World by Jodi Benson-I think my first weekly Disney song should be my favorite. As someone who doesn't have a very easy time communicating with the human beings I've always related to the lyrics. Plus, it's a rad song.

Realized a couple days ago that I forgot my weekly 5 songs. Pretty good start to that attempt at structure that I forget in the second week, but that's how I roll. Anyway, I decided to go with a new title:

5 songs that I like for the week (that no one asked for, but give me something to post)

Moneygrabber by Fitz and the Tantrums-It's catchy and upbeat.

Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News-Maybe my all-time favorite. I like the movie, but I'm not sure I'd have a dog named McFly if they'd used a less catchy song.

Don't Look Back in Anger by Oasis-Call it blasphemous, but when I hear the first few bars of Imagine I pray that it's this song.

Straight Up by Paula Abdul-Because why not?

Part of Your World by Jodi Benson-I think my first weekly Disney song should be my favorite. As someone who doesn't have a very easy time communicating with the human beings I've always related to the lyrics. Plus, it's a rad song.

Fitz and the Tantrums were the premiere band at Rock n' Roll Savannah this weekend and they were amazing! I thought I didn't know who they were, but once they started singing I recognized them. I will have to look this one up!

I'm down a couple pounds since the day before my race last week. I have changed my diet coming out of race weekend and I'm looking to take off 20 pounds before heading down to WDW at the end of December for a little pre-Marathon Weekend vacation. I'm basically mapped out to have chicken breast and broccoli with a small helping of carbs each day outside of Thanksgiving and possibly one or two meals around Christmas. I'll mix it up a bit, but I know I have to keep the calories in a certain range to run a good deficit without starving myself and my body.

Good job on the initial weight loss. It's a tough road, but sounds like you have a good diet plan in place. Good luck!

Long(ish) runs on the docket fro this weekend, 6 tomorrow and 10 Sunday. Looking at doing my first Dopey simulation pretty soon, but it's so busy this time of year.

Busy weekend and I forgot to post yesterday. I'm super jealous of everyone being done with their FP+ for Marathon Weekend while this bum is still waiting for my 30-day window. It'll be nice to be staying at a house with a hot tub and driving in the morning of the races and being able to sit in the car if the weather's not-so-nice, but there are drawbacks to being off-property. Oh well, we weren't going to get Flight of Passage, 7DMT, or Frozen Ever After anyway (I would have forgotten, I'm not good with remembering exact dates for choosing FP+ and ADRs) so I guess it's not a big deal.

Still a lot of work to do to be as prepared as I'd like to be for this race weekend. I just have to keep reminding myself that the inconvenience now will lead to a much better experience during race weekend.

We've stayed off-site quite a bit and there are so many positives about it, but it is always hard having to wait for that 30-day mark for FP.

I always get so worked up about booking my FP+ at the 60 day opening onsite and then fast forward to my actual vacation and I'm switching FP to different things while we are there. Sometimes to different parks. I know it still sucks to wait (I hate waiting) to book them.

Frozen has no FP until after 11am (may be 11:30) so if you go there first when Epcot opens there is a very short wait since there are no FP people going ahead of you (I think we waited 17 minutes and we were not the first people in the park as they'd been letting people in already.)
I can't comment on FOP because we didn't try it. But we did ride Navi River Journey about 30 min before close with a less than 20 min wait. There were Mine Train FP available same day while we were there...just at random hours (mostly later...guessing parents giving up on staying until 7 or whatever.)

I always get so worked up about booking my FP+ at the 60 day opening onsite and then fast forward to my actual vacation and I'm switching FP to different things while we are there. Sometimes to different parks. I know it still sucks to wait (I hate waiting) to book them.

Frozen has no FP until after 11am (may be 11:30) so if you go there first when Epcot opens there is a very short wait since there are no FP people going ahead of you (I think we waited 17 minutes and we were not the first people in the park as they'd been letting people in already.)
I can't comment on FOP because we didn't try it. But we did ride Navi River Journey about 30 min before close with a less than 20 min wait. There were Mine Train FP available same day while we were there...just at random hours (mostly later...guessing parents giving up on staying until 7 or whatever.)

I’m not particularly worried about it. I was able to ride FOP and River Journey when I was there for MNSSHP in September and I’m not a huge fan of 7DMT (not that it’s a bad attraction, but I don’t feel bad using FP+ on other things). That’s good info on FEA. Not sure if we will need to ride it this time (the whims of 6-8 year olds are hard to predict) but, if we do, that could be the plan.

It’s all up to the rest of my party. I know I’ll have a great time regardless. If they want to do FOP, I know what that will require since I did it in September. It’s all up to them whether they want to and are willing to be ready on time to do it. I’m good with waking up early to go to Disney; I wake up a lot earlier to do things that are much less pleasant.

Back to an early start tomorrow. Gotta keep up the motivation for the early morning runs in January. Should also give me a pep in my step for the day.

Wednesday again so here goes:

5 songs that I like for the week (that no one asked for, but give me something to post):

I am an early Christmas celebrator. I don't particularly care about the gifts (I'm a single guy in my mid-30's, what gifts?), but I love the season and I am perfectly fine with it being extended further and further into November (October?) each year. Part of that is, of course, the music. I've already started listening to Christmas music, because I'm an addict, and figured today would be a good time to run through some Christmas songs. Unlike other weeks, this will be countdown style.

5. The Christmas Song-Nat King Cole-This is a placeholder for all of the old standards. I like listening to Dean Martin, Bing Crosby, Burl Ives, and all of the somewhat traditional Christmas classics (I know I am forgetting a lot of people there). This is my favorite of the bunch.

4. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)-Mariah Carey-I really like this song.

3. Happy Holidays-Andy Williams-I guess this could fit into the old standards group. I realize this song can be pretty polarizing, but I love it. It makes me smile.

2. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)-Darlene Love-You're darn right I doubled down, I told you I really like this song. It would have been blasphemy to have any version above Darlene Love. This is probably my favorite Christmas song regardless of version. I can even tolerate a Michael Buble version (but no country artists, stay away from Christmas country musicians! Ruin other things if you want, but leave Christmas alone).

1. All I Want For Christmas Is You-Mariah Carey-I know it's ubiquitous. I know a lot of people hate it. I. Just. Don't. Care. Hook it to my veins. I will listen to this song in the middle of February just to get a Christmas fix. Unlike Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) there is and must be only one version of this song. Everything else is a sad, cheap monstrosity of an imitation that degrades and humiliates the person attempting to replicate perfection. That is a scientific fact.

Outside of The Christmas Song I can see all of these being pretty decent jaunty little tunes for a run and I will neither confirm nor deny that a couple are in my regular playlists throughout the year. Hope everyone's training is going well, the approach of this season means that many of us are getting closer to a big race weekend in January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter