Banking

heart

Mouseketeer
I've done a search here.

I've read the information on DVC website.

I'm on an estimated 25 minute (!!!!) hold at member services (which I think stretches the definition of "service.")

Help me to understand banking.

I've been a DVC member >15 years and this (14 months) is the longest we haven't been by far. 4-6 trips a year were common so I was always BORROWING points, never had any left over.

Now I realize that was a good problem to have.

My use year is June.

2017 has points left and I see now I missed the banking window. If I book a trip this month TO TRAVEL IN October or December can I use the points? What can or can I not use the points for?

Thank you for any and all information.

A helpful DVC member services person finally did pick up and give me all the information I needed. I have now set a reminder on my phone calendar for every year in case we continue to have points left over in our use year. Heaven knows I'd rather give points away than have them left unused.

I've done a search here.

I've read the information on DVC website.

I'm on an estimated 25 minute (!!!!) hold at member services (which I think stretches the definition of "service.")

Help me to understand banking.

I've been a DVC member >15 years and this (14 months) is the longest we haven't been by far. 4-6 trips a year were common so I was always BORROWING points, never had any left over.

Now I realize that was a good problem to have.

My use year is June.

2017 has points left and I see now I missed the banking window. If I book a trip this month TO TRAVEL IN October or December can I use the points? What can or can I not use the points for?

Thank you for any and all information.
Just in case someone else is looking for similar info:

Points must be used for a reservation that ends before the end of the UY. IOW, points that belong to a June 2017 UY would have to be used by May 31, 2018 or else be banked. For June UYs, the banking deadline is Jan. 31st of each year.

Here's a link to the DVC banking deadlines chart:
https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...pecific/eng/member/mydvc/2008bankingchart.gif

Member Service may do a one-time courtesy banking of points if you have missed your deadline but it is not guaranteed to happen. OP, I hope that the CM was able to do this for you!

Just a heads up, if this was the first time that you missed your banking window, they can make a one time exception and allow you to bank the points. That being said, if you ever do miss the banking window and want to give away the points, let me know, we can always take a last minute trip....lol

My use year is June.

A lot of newbies get confused and think it's a "booking year" but it really is a "use year" - it is about when you use the pts for a stay. So a June UY would require you to complete a stay by May 31, 2018 (the end of your 2017 UY).

Hopefully you were able to use the one-time banking exception to avoid losing pts. Please spend some time reviewing the Understanding Use Year thread for more information:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/understanding-use-year-updated-april-27-2016.1942668/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!