Bad DVC Reviews

We were very satisfied with our first stay at SSR this past week. Studio over in the paddock. Ground floor in 5100 building with a beautiful view of the pond with the fountain. Steps to our car. 30 seconds to the pool. 5 minute walk to the main lobby and boat to DS. Very friendly CM's. The room was worn but clean. It needs a rehab. My only complaint really was that the room was always damp.

Was the rat alive or dead? Morbid curiosity.

Do you find your experience with DVC to be trending worse every year since you joined, or is this a recent trend of falling precipitously?

And do you find this across all resorts, or are there particular ones that are better or worse than others?
Rat was alive and by Grandstand pool area. I did take time to report to Front desk but reply was oh well. last two years we have seen a great falling off of maintenance. I mentioned this to a couple of other DVC people and we wondered if money was being diverted to al the new projects and doing minimal at resorts.

Ya, samething with the moisture in Congress 2 nd floor bed was like cold and wet , by the 3rd day had then bring in a dehumidifier, when they brought it up first it was over 80%humidity in room with AC set at like 68 degrees ,somth'in not right , humidity after a day did drop to 43%, they made it sound like it was never a problem on the property before... but they did have dehumidifiers to take care of problems like that.....humm, whats that tell ya, just lie to people and cover up the issues

Rat was alive and by Grandstand pool area. I did take time to report to Front desk but reply was oh well. last two years we have seen a great falling off of maintenance. I mentioned this to a couple of other DVC people and we wondered if money was being diverted to al the new projects and doing minimal at resorts.

Rats are wild animals and can live most anywhere. It is not unusual to see rats in my backyard here in Texas, and I live in a rural area on 2 1/2 acres, so they aren't the result of human overpopulation here. Add the resort and messy people who drop food and feed the other animals, and the rats will be there. I don't know what you expect Disney/DVC to do about rats on the outside of the buildings. Except maybe bring in some feral cats, like you see around Disney Springs. Snakes and feral cats are the best way to control the wild rodent population.

Rats are wild animals and can live most anywhere. It is not unusual to see rats in my backyard here in Texas, and I live in a rural area on 2 1/2 acres, so they aren't the result of human overpopulation here. Add the resort and messy people who drop food and feed the other animals, and the rats will be there. I don't know what you expect Disney/DVC to do about rats on the outside of the buildings. Except maybe bring in some feral cats, like you see around Disney Springs. Snakes and feral cats are the best way to control the wild rodent population.
In DVC’s defence, I see bait stations everywhere, so it is an issue they deal with.

I have also seen these.
Yes and I’ll add in regard to the bait stations. I keep
A very tidy, uncluttered home, but it’s 100 years old and on an acre of land. I to have bait stations. If I didn’t keep ahead of the mouse population I’d have a real infestation. The Orkin man has a standing appt six times a year.

Ya, samething with the moisture in Congress 2 nd floor bed was like cold and wet , by the 3rd day had then bring in a dehumidifier, when they brought it up first it was over 80%humidity in room with AC set at like 68 degrees ,somth'in not right , humidity after a day did drop to 43%, they made it sound like it was never a problem on the property before... but they did have dehumidifiers to take care of problems like that.....humm, whats that tell ya, just lie to people and cover up the issues
Had a similar incident, they had washed the carpets but hadn't allowed for drying time before giving us the room! So, cold A/C, damp room.. awful. Next morning, went to the lobby on the way to Epcot, they said they would check it out and when we returned to shower for dinner, there was a dehumidifier in the villa, all fans were on, A/C blasting, and it remedied the problem.

sounds like sour grapes. May be someone that can't afford Disney or DVC. I would not worry about this misguided report.
I own at SSR, 300pnts, and I fully agree with the review. When we first purchased it was beautiful, the rooms were clean and the staff was great. After 9 years an 5 SSR stays we will not stay again. The last time we were there the room was filthy, all but one light bulb was missing, not burnt out but actually missing. The sheets and the small master bedroom chair and pillow had brown stuff smeared on them. I called housekeeping and was told I would have to go to the front desk. I waited an hour to talk to someone and they said they would immediately send someone to repair amd clean. We went to dinner, for 2 hours, and come back to nothing changed. It is now 10 pm and my 75 and 78 year old parents want to sleep. I walked over again and was told they didnt get to it yet. We were moving to Kidani the next day, I asked them to call Jambo and Kidani to see if they had a room open. They did, we moved! Never SSR again!

I relax at night by reading TripAdvisor reviews, especially for OKW and AKL.
There are frequent reviews by disgruntled people. For example, for Jambo House I read a review by someone who claims to stay in 5 star hotels all over the world; he said Jambo was a "dump" and gave it 1 star. Then there is the review of Jambo that complains that the animals are no big deal because "all they do is stand around." And for every 5 reviews with people saying their kids didn't want to leave the balcony to go to the parks, there is one review that says their kids looked for 30 seconds and then lost interest.
So pulling off a few reviews among hundreds is no big deal, and indicates nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter