Backstage Magic - DLR Welcome Reception

pudinhd

DIS Veteran
Hi! We are leaving this Sunday for our Backstage Magic adventure and we can't wait!! :cool1: I am hoping someone out there can answer a question for me...

On day 3, we have the welcome reception at the Wine Celler & Hook's Pointe before spending the evening at Disneyland. I'm wondering if there's time to change before going to Disneyland. I'm planning on wearing a dress to the reception, but don't want to wear it to the park.

Thank you!!!!

Hi. we are on this trip, too. I can tell you there is no way i'm wearing a dress. :scared:
Looking forward to meeting you!

Hi! We are leaving this Sunday for our Backstage Magic adventure and we can't wait!! :cool1: I am hoping someone out there can answer a question for me...

On day 3, we have the welcome reception at the Wine Celler & Hook's Pointe before spending the evening at Disneyland. I'm wondering if there's time to change before going to Disneyland. I'm planning on wearing a dress to the reception, but don't want to wear it to the park.

Thank you!!!!

Yes, there is plenty of time before you go. You will arrive at the Grand and they will give you some documentation and your room card. When we went to our room, shortly after they arrived with our luggage. We had time to relax. Then, you meet to walk to the wine cellar and then upstairs to dinner. After dinner, they take you directly to Disneyland and you get fastpasses to ride the rides after they leave you. Honestly, the dress became disney park casual wear. It is very casual and relaxed from the first nights welcome dinner to the breakfast on the day you leave. People wore shorts and disney t-shirts to both welcome dinners. Also, you want to wear what you will be comfortable in walking around Disneyland and riding rides that evening. There was no time to go back to the hotel after dinner due to the time the park was closing. You don't want to miss out an anything as well.

Your in for a magical time. Take every moment in slowly and please tell us about your trip when you get back. Enjoy!!!

Yes, there is plenty of time before you go. You will arrive at the Grand and they will give you some documentation and your room card. When we went to our room, shortly after they arrived with our luggage. We had time to relax. Then, you meet to walk to the wine cellar and then upstairs to dinner. After dinner, they take you directly to Disneyland and you get fastpasses to ride the rides after they leave you. Honestly, the dress became disney park casual wear. It is very casual and relaxed from the first nights welcome dinner to the breakfast on the day you leave. People wore shorts and disney t-shirts to both welcome dinners. Also, you want to wear what you will be comfortable in walking around Disneyland and riding rides that evening. There was no time to go back to the hotel after dinner due to the time the park was closing. You don't want to miss out an anything as well.

Your in for a magical time. Take every moment in slowly and please tell us about your trip when you get back. Enjoy!!!

Thanks so much!! This is exactly what I needed to know... And I am no longer planning on wearing a dress! :laughing: I'm packing right now, so if there is any advice from anyone, please share. Thanks again!

Thanks so much!! This is exactly what I needed to know... And I am no longer planning on wearing a dress! :laughing: I'm packing right now, so if there is any advice from anyone, please share. Thanks again!

I don't have any advice since we aren't going on the Backstage Magic trip until June........but have a great time and I'd love to know your thoughts about the trip when you get back!

Just have a great time and take lots of pictures to share. :goodvibes And, bring comfy tennis shoes that are already broken in. Alot of walking and standing. :-) When you go to the dinner, depending on the weather, take a sweatshirt or something. The Grand is great because they give you an itinerary of what is going on the next day. Including what the weather forecast. Helps in knowing what to wear at night. I usually switch in to jeans with a light weight sweater/sweatshirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter