Back in the Saddle Again

Alex Coleman

Mouseketeer

This trip report is a slight return to normal for Sarah and I. That is, if you consider going to Disneyland almost every weekend as normal. Most of our friends don’t, but you better believe that we do! Speaking of friends, we would love you to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter! Most of our adventures get processed through that medium and it is a great way to stay up-to-date with all things Intentional Mouse!

We came into May on the back of a dormant period of park touring so it was nice to return to our usual routine. Sarah and I even spent several longer days at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure! We owe a great deal of credit and thanks to our friends and neighbors for stepping in and watching Mowgli (our incredibly energetic Cocker Spaniel puppy).

Speaking of our Intentional Dog, he turned a corner during May and we started trusting him to stay out of his crate for longer periods of time. He passed every test with flying colors which allowed us to wander out of the house for longer periods of time. As a result, more Disneyland! Win-win!

In this report I will cover our 5 visits to the DLR during the month of May. I will give you a step-by-step look at each one of our visits. I will also give a quick review of the restaurants at which we dined. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of pictures to go along with this report; I can’t help myself!

We had a great time and I am excited to share all of our adventures with you! This trip report will have several parts, so stay tuned. Click the links below for each part of the report.

Last edited:
Short (But Sweet) Visits

This is the first installment of our May 2018 Disneyland Trip Report. In Part 1, we will outline two quick trips to the Disneyland Resort. I had time one evening between work functions and then Sarah and I went to see the fireworks! In Part 2, we will talk about our trials and tribulations on a busy Friday night which included a gaggle of awkward teenagers attending Grad Night. As a part of that report, we will share some tips for people attending during a Grad Night. In Part 3, we showed up for rope drop at Disneyland and we stayed long enough to experience most of our favorite aspects of both parks. We remembered why we continually deprive ourselves of sleep to get to the parks early. Part 4 will cover a shorter day at California Adventure where we ran out of steam embarrassingly quickly. Read on and enjoy!

May 3rd

For those who have not been following the Intentional Mouse for very long (or practical people who are not invested so deeply in our personal lives) Sarah and I both work in higher education. That means that the first week of May is the craziest week of our professional careers. I was shocked that we were able to get away while I was assisting 2600 students move out of the residence halls and apartments.

Fortunately, my institution (unknowingly and unintentionally) presented me with a perfect opportunity to sneak away for a few hours to my happy place! I had spoken during my February 2018 Disneyland Trip Report that I was not very experienced touring by myself. There are positives and negatives to solo-touring, but I was determined to make as much of this short trip as possible. This was a great opportunity to partake in the all the attractions that Sarah doesn’t enjoy!

I arrived at the front gates after parking in Downtown Disney. Before anyone yells at me: I know, I am not supposed to park in that lot and then visit the parks. I figured since I would be spending less than 3 hours in the parks, I was probably alright.

After I walked through the turnstiles, I wandered back to Frontierland. I would bemoan how crowded the park was for a Thursday during school for most of Orange County, but I have already beaten that dead horse in other trip reports. I have resigned myself to realizing the reality that Disneyland is the thing to do for Southern Californians. That means that there is no longer an off-night or an off-season. (See, look! I still beat the dead horse)

When I arrived at Frontierland I wanted to take some pictures for an upcoming restaurant review of Rancho Del Zocalo. I wandered around the restaurant and snapped pictures as I went.

The next stop on the agenda was Haunted Mansion. I will be honest, this is not an attraction that Sarah does not want to do. Haunted Mansion just happened to be the only attraction with realistic Fastpass times. I walked around the queue and arrived at the Fastpass distribution area. This has to be one of the least well-known areas at Disneyland. I have been in this area several times and I am yet to see another person occupy this space. I decided to take advantage by taking pictures!

After I was done, I decided to walk back towards Main Street, USA. It was time to do something that I would never do with Sarah: Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. You have to understand, I have always been a big (History) nerd. I took all the available AP History courses in high school and at one point I even thought about majoring in History. I clearly decided to go with something more practical and useful for everyday life (Biblical Studies).

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln has always held a special place in my heart. My mom instilled a deep love of this attraction from a young age (shoutout to Robin here!) and I have fond memories of sitting in the theater. This adoration has only grown since I have learned the historical significance of this attraction.

For those who are unaware, the Audio-Animatronic Mr. Lincoln was originally presented by Walt Disney at the 1964 New York World’s Fair. Mr. Lincoln then moved to Disneyland in 1965 and has taken up residence on Main Street ever since. I really enjoy the show, but I also really like wandering the entry hall and watching the preshow.

After I was done getting my daily dose of patriotism, it was time to go use my Fastpass for Haunted Mansion. I quickly moved through the outdoor queue and entered the haunted room that actually stretches (actual fact: it does not stretch, it is an elevator). Once we entered the portrait room, the adventure truly began. We heard the unwelcomed news that the attraction was not operating. This always presents a difficult decision perfectly summarized by The Clash: do I stay or do I go now? I decided that I had 20 minutes to wait and then I would need to leave. Low and behold, exactly 19 minutes later the ride resumed normal operation.

I greeted the 999 happy haunts and then exited the park. I needed to validate my parking so I decided to get dinner for Sarah and I at the Taqueria at Tortilla Jo’s. Sarah and I love this place and I am looking forward to reviewing it in the future! Look out for it!

My nachos were delicious and made me very happy as I drove back up the 5 towards my evening work engagement.

May 10th

The next week Sarah and I decided to spend the small fortune for her to drive our Ford Escape the 30 miles from our apartment to Disneyland. Seriously, what’s up with the high price of gas?! We decided we would do dinner and fireworks and that would be a fun use of a Thursday night. I arrived and then waited for Sarah to get into the park.

By the time she arrived, the Pixar Play Parade was starting. For those unfamiliar, this is a “new” parade at Disneyland that is running for Pixar Fest. I call it “new” because it is the same parade that moved through the streets of California Adventure starting in March 2008, but they added a few new elements. The song was so ingrained in my Disney brain that I still remembered the chorus by the time the parade returned, even though I had not seen the parade since 2014.

While we watched the parade, we toiled back and forth about what we wanted to eat. For a while, we were going to eat at the Paradise Garden Grill at Disney California Adventure. Then we decided maybe it would be good to have Plaza Inn at Disneyland. Weirdly, we decided to settle for Redd Rockett’s Pizza Port (which currently sports an Aliens from Toy Story overlay).

The first observation we made was the menu actually looked very appealing. I really liked the sound of the Green Alien Pasta and Sarah aggressively desired the Count-Down Chicken Fusilli. When we arrived, the dining room and serving areas were incredibly crowded and noisy. It was slightly overwhelming wandering around and trying to get our food.

After I finally was able to order and pay, I walked out to the not-so-secret dining area between the restaurant and Space Mountain. This was the right choice. Not only is this dining area covered, but it is also significantly quieter than the indoor seating or the patio in front of the eatery. That was really surprising, being that it is directly next to one of the busiest walkways at Disneyland (the ramp to Space Mountain).

We sat down and tried our food. Unsurprisingly for anyone who regularly reads the blog, Sarah ordered the better dish. Her pasta was cooked correctly and her sauce was really flavorful. Her chicken was good and the entire thing just worked.

I cannot say the same about my pesto pasta. It was possibly the worst pasta I have ever eaten. Sarah and I are not snobby about food, but this dish completely lacked any form of flavor. The only slight attempt at flavor came from canned bacon bits that were spread across the top.

After I recovered from my bland meal, we decided to visit Fantasyland to spin round and round in circles. Our first spin was in a teacup on Mad Tea Party. Surprisingly, this is becoming a mainstay in our Disney Parks touring. I could not have said that a year ago, but here we are! We spun round and round as I snapped fun long(ish)-exposure shots.

Our next centripetal adventure came in the form of Dumbo the Flying Elephant. Disneyland’s iteration of this attraction had just reopened after an extended absence. Even though Sarah and I both cherish this ride, I believe the Walt Disney World version is far better. I love that at the Magic Kingdom the queue is creative and fun for kids. If I were a child (or if I was schlepping them around in the heat) I would ride Dumbo on repeat. The queue is a quality excuse to sit in glorious air conditioning. The fact that there are twice as many ride vehicles is another advantage for the Floridian version.

We jumped in our flying elephant and Sarah controlled us as we spun around and around and went up and down. That is really the reason why we love this attraction. Sarah just wants to control Dumbo to fly up and down. It really entertains her, which entertains me!

After we touched back down, we decided to go grab a spot for Together Forever - A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular. Sarah is very particular about our fireworks viewing spot, which results in us arriving over an hour early for most firework shows. We have to be dead-center and preferably between Main Street and the castle.

Disneyland (and this particular show) present an interesting challenge for guests. At WDW, Cinderella’s Castle is large enough to see all the projections from just about anywhere on Main Street. At Disneyland, the castle is much smaller so it can be more difficult to see the projections on Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. Together Forever also has elements that may dictate your desired viewing location. I don’t want to spoil it since the show is still relatively new, but (hot tip:) find a way to stand on Main Street. There are elements that make that the most desired viewing location. Sarah disagrees, but she also wants to sit directly next to Cinderella’s Castle at WDW.

Now that we have all that settled, time for another Intentional Mouse rant! Most seasoned Disney Parks fans will resound whole-heartedly with this sentiment, so I feel justified in my crankiness. If you don’t want to listen to my rant, feel free to scroll down to the picture below! I do, however, think it is worth reading. (For what that is worth :))

Ok, disclaimer out of the way. This rant is brought to you by: people who are the worst! This nighttime spectacular experience was definitely in our top-3 worst guest experiences of all time. When you consider we have been touring parks together for over 10 years, don’t take that lightly. There were two major culprits: kids on shoulders guy and intrusive Facetime lady.

The first person was by far the worst. I especially detest when people put their kids on their shoulders. I totally understand that you want to give your kids the best viewing opportunity as possible. It is also logical that children are much shorter than adults and cannot see if they are standing on the ground. There is an easy fix to that, though. If you hold your child normally on your hip, they can see most (usually all) of the show. This particular offense was made much worse by the fact that not only was this child on his dad’s shoulders, but he was also wearing a Sorcerer Mickey hat. That meant that between the dad, the kid, and the hat, they were roughly 150 feet tall and completely ruined the experience for anyone within 20 feet of them.

The second offender (Facetime lady) was not nearly as bad, but still very annoying. I don’t have a problem with recording shows on your phone. I am a Disney Parks photographer, I completely understand the desire to hold onto cherished memories digitally. However, this lady was SO EXTRA.

Similarly to placing kids on your shoulders, there is no need to hold your phone 3 feet above your head shouting “CAN YOU SEE IT???” over and over as loudly as possible. You can still see the entire show on your phone if you place it in front of your face. I have done it! Facetime lady doubles-down on annoying in that she ruins every one of my pictures I take of the shows. As you can see from the photo below, I have the ghostly figure of the child on the left side of my photo and the annoying streaks of her full-brightness cell phone on the right. I did a decent job of getting rid of it, but they will never go away.

Ok, rant over! I will end this trip report there and remind you to check back later!

We Will Never Go During a Grad Night Again!

This is the second installment of our May 2018 Disneyland Trip Report. In Part 1, we outlined two quick trips to the Disneyland Resort. I had time one evening between work functions and then Sarah and I went to see the fireworks! In Part 2, we will talk about our trials and tribulations on a busy Friday night which included a gaggle of awkward teenagers attending Grad Night. As a part of that report, we will share some tips for people attending during a Grad Night. In Part 3, we showed up for rope drop at Disneyland and we stayed long enough to experience most of our favorite aspects of both parks. We remembered why we continually deprive ourselves of sleep to get to the parks early. Part 4 will cover a shorter day at California Adventure where we ran out of steam embarrassingly quickly. Read on and enjoy!

May 18th

Sarah and I rarely go to the Disneyland Resort on Friday nights. Sarah normally works until 5pm during the week and we consider it one of the busier nights of the week at Disneyland so we usually avoid it. However, we were very excited to be given an opportunity to go on a Friday night on the 18th. My work does Half-Day Fridays during the summer and Sarah was given a day off by her work. We decided to put the puppy to bed early and drive down to Anaheim.

Our nighttime visit got off to an incredibly rocky start almost immediately. For those who do not live in Southern California, you are still probably aware of the infamous traffic during rush-hour on Fridays. It took us almost an hour and a half to get from our apartment to the Disneyland Drive exit on the 5 South. After we got off the freeway, we were greeted by more traffic trying to get to the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure. We (not so quickly) discovered that the garage was already closed. That was a BAD sign.

We took the overpass and headed towards the next parking lot. Unfortunately, we ended up having to drive to the Toy Story Parking Lot which is significantly further away from the front gates. By the time we fought through traffic, we arrived at the very back row of the parking lot. I believe we were actually as far away from the parks as is physically possible. We walked towards the bus stop, but decided to skip the mile-long queue.

We walked down Harbor Boulevard towards the entrance to the resort. During our walk, we discovered it was Grad Night. This is a Disney tradition that dates back to 1961 where high school students can make one last pre-graduation memory with all their friends at Disneyland. Students are given exclusive access to Disney California Adventure from 9pm to 2am.

That in itself sounds exhausting to be a part of, but to be a normal park tourist during one of those nights is next-level.

Maybe I am becoming old and jaded at the age of 26, but I cannot imagine a worse idea than thousands of high schoolers getting their first taste of freedom and independence at DCA. I work with college students transitioning from home to freedom and I can tell you firsthand it is messy. That mess is only compounded at a theme park.

We dodged through traffic and ended up at the former home of the Muppet*Vision 3D show. I really wanted to take Sarah to see the Pixar Shorts Film Festival show that was hosted in this space, but they had already replaced it with an Incredibles 2 preview show. I really don’t like the idea of adding all these preview shows to Disney Parks. It seems like they decided at some point to replace original ideas with publicity for their upcoming films. I understand the idea from a business perspective, but I do not support shoe-horning them into the parks.

They replace such great content! The best example of this is at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Orlando. They decide to replace an amazing historical show about the life of Walt Disney with these previews. I think they eventually just ruin the movie. Spoiler alert: they just show the first 10 minutes of the Incredibles movie at this preview. That seems silly to me.

We walked to the Paint the Night parade route after the show was done. I wanted to set up directly in front of Taneleer Tivan’s fortress so I could get long-exposure pictures of the parade. We arrived roughly 15 minutes early and were amazed that we were able to get a front-row seat. Unfortunately, we discovered that the parade was starting from the other side of the park. That meant that we had a 45-minute wait on our hands. I went to the bathroom and Sarah whipped out the Mike and Ikes so we could snack.

By the time the parade reached us, I prepped Sarah on what to do with the camera. She was sitting in front of me and I tasked her with taking the pictures. She did great snapping photos as the floats went by. I was happy with most of the results, but here was my favorite!

Great work, Sarah!

We wandered over to Disneyland after the parade finished with the rest of the non-Grad Night guests. We arrived to a completely packed park. Being that no one was able to be in DCA, everyone crowded along Main Street, USA. We decided to go over to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. This is an attraction that Sarah and I gravitate towards when the park is busy because the line normally moves surprisingly quickly. It also seems like the Cast Members regularly over-estimate the wait time.

We finished our runaway train ride through the wilderness and then walked over to Fantasyland. Clearly, we were feeling patient because we decided to jump into the queue for Peter Pan’s Flight. It took us about 45 minutes, but we ended up boarding our pirate ship and flying away to Neverland. Our flight landed and we started the long and slow walk back to our car. We arrived after our perilous journey and drove back up the 5 North.

To finish, I wanted to share some tips for people visiting during a Disneyland Resort Grad Night. These are incredibly numerous and popular events, so visiting the DLR on a weekend night during May and June can be crowded. That leads me to my first tip: look at the schedule. If you are planning a trip or are a local wanting to visit during May and June, look up the schedule for Grad Nights.

Which leads me to my second tip: try to avoid going to Disneyland during a Grad Night. I know that most people do not have flexibility when it comes to their vacation plans, but if you do, try to avoid these nights. It isn’t just because there are high school students flooding DCA, but it is because it closes off that park to other guests after 9pm. That means Disneyland is much more crowded.

My final tip is: be prepared! This may seem obvious, but if you are going to visit during a Grad Night you should form a plan. For one day visitors: try to visit DCA in the morning and get all your attractions done early. Then you can transition to Disneyland in the afternoon and evening. If you are going for two days, try to go to DCA during the non-Grad Night day and then Disneyland on the other day. Also, make sure to see Paint the Night on that non-Grad Night day. It is a great show and you should not miss it.

Those are all my tips! Let me know if you have any other tips or any questions in the Comments below!

Rope Dropping and It Feels So Good

This is the second installment of our May 2018 Disneyland Trip Report. In Part 1, we outlined two quick trips to the Disneyland Resort. I had time one evening between work functions and then Sarah and I went to see the fireworks! In Part 2, we talked about our trials and tribulations on a busy Friday night which included a gaggle of awkward teenagers attending Grad Night. As a part of that report, we shared some tips for people attending during a Grad Night. In Part 3, we showed up for rope drop at Disneyland and we stayed long enough to experience most of our favorite aspects of both parks. We remembered why we continually deprive ourselves of sleep to get to the parks early. Part 4 will cover a shorter day at California Adventure where we ran out of steam embarrassingly quickly. Read on and enjoy!

May 20th

After our busy Grad Night visit on Friday, we decided we need to go again and redeem our Disneyland experience on Sunday. Sarah and I dragged ourselves out of bed nice and early on the 20th and headed down the 605 South to Disneyland.

We arrived and Sarah was more than a little stressed because she was planning on doing a live video for her Arbonne business. She wants to connect her passion for people getting healthy with her passion for all things Disney so she wanted us to be intentional about matching the two. I asked her to hold onto that stress for just a little while longer while I went and grabbed a Fastpass for Space Mountain. I grabbed the Fastpass and then joined her on a bench in front of Sleeping Beauty’s Castle. We crushed the video together and then went on our merry way.

After we were done, it was time for now stress-free Sarah to enjoy the rest of our visit. We walked over to Indiana Jones Adventure to jump in the standby queue. We almost never use this queue so it was strange to enter the temple from that side of the ropes. Even though we did not have a Fastpass, we walked directly up to the first room where Sallah is explaining the genius of these inventions and warning us not to look into the eyes of the idol because that would be dangerous, very dangerous.

After we were done braving skeletons, rats, boulders, and being on our own with a massive snake, we walked over to the Haunted Mansion. Again, we were greeted with an almost-empty queue. We took our tour with our Ghost Host around the mansion and disembarked without our Death Certificates.

After we were done, it was time for a little exercise. We needed to make sure to get our steps in, so we walked up and then down Tarzan’s Treehouse.

After our stair mastery, we decided to walk along the Rivers of America and back to Fantasyland. We were wandering back towards Space Mountain, but we still had a bit of time to kill before our Fastpass return time. We decided to go back spinning. Unlike in Part 1, we decided to go Dumbo the Flying Elephant and then Mad Tea Party. By the time we were done, we were sufficiently dizzy.

When we arrived back at Space Mountain, we realized that it currently was home to the Hyperspace Mountain overlay. For those unfamiliar with this attraction, it is basically Space Mountain, but with some Star Wars theming. Surprisingly, Sarah and I both really enjoy Hyperspace Mountain. The pre-show video is a little annoying, but the ride itself is wonderful. It really feels like you are in an X-Wing battling the Empire. I don’t want to spoil the ride, but the Imagineers did a great job of adding audio and video that puts you into the battle. Even though we do not want to see Star Wars in Disney Parks, we can appreciate these additions to the attraction.

After we were done, we decided to head over to Disney California Adventure for another intellectual property that Sarah and I did not want to like being added to the parks that we do: Guardians of the Galaxy. As we talked about in our January 2018 Disneyland Trip Report, we did not want to like this attraction. Tower of Terror was a sacred cow for Sarah and I and we were annoyed to see it go. However, I cannot fault the work the Imagineers did on this attraction. We grabbed our Fastpass and walked back towards A Bug’s Land.

We wandered past Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train (you will be missed, big guy) and saw that the Blue Sky Cellar was open and displaying exclusive content for Pixar Pier. Sarah and I always loved Blue Sky Cellar. The general premise is that Disney Imagineers start with a really big idea (blue sky idea) in order to start the creative process. This small room is a showcase of their creative process. Maybe we both love this space because Sarah and I both wish we were smart enough to be Imagineers. We watched the video about the making of Pixar Pier and gazed in wonder at all the mock-ups that were displayed around the room.

We then transitioned from the blue sky to the big blue sea. Sarah demanded mermaid and she demanded it now! I (not entirely begrudgingly) joined Sarah under the sea in our clam shell and she (we) danced along to the music.

By the time we were done, the beginning of our Fastpass window had passed. This meant we could get another Fastpass! Sarah really wanted to get one for Toy Story Midway Mania!, but I wanted to get one for Soarin’. I ended up winning out because Midway Mania was not opening that day until 6pm due to the Pixar Pier construction. We grabbed our Fastpasses for Soain’ and headed back to Mission: Breakout!.

Sarah and I bounced up and down in our gantry lift and rocked along to the music as we freed the Guardians of the Galaxy and then exited with significantly less energy than we expected to have for so early in our day. We decided to take a rest break at the Animation Academy. Normally, we just sit in the lobby and listen to the songs.

However, today we decided to actually take a class on how to draw Goofy! We have visited hundreds of times, but I can only remember drawing in one of these classes a handful of times. We both completed our masterpieces and then exited the building.

Our day concluded with a trip around the globe on a hang-glider. Sadly, we had a family in front of us take advantage of another family’s kindness. While we were in the final part of the queue (the part in front of the television screens for those who have ridden the attraction in Anaheim or Orlando), a mom who was standing in Row 2 had her kids ask a family standing in Row 1 if they could switch with them. For those unfamiliar with the ride, Row 1 is a preferable ride experience. When you are in Rows 2 or 3, you have feet in your view.

This mom took advantage of her knowledge of the parks and gained a better spot because she was bold enough to have her small children ask. I felt bad for the family (from their accents and branded tee shirts, they were from Texas) who asked if there was really any difference. What really bothered me about the exchange was that the mom lied and said there wasn’t, but her daughter preferred the front row. The family was nice enough and agreed to switch. I would have loved to inform them how generous they were, but they were gone by the time we exited the attraction.

Tisk, tisk mean guest! Sarah and I were both annoyed by the time we walked through Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa and towards the Mickey & Friends Parking Garage and headed home.

We Don’t Quite Have the Energy For This

This is the second installment of our May 2018 Disneyland Trip Report. In Part 1, we outlined two quick trips to the Disneyland Resort. I had time one evening between work functions and then Sarah and I went to see the fireworks! In Part 2, we talked about our trials and tribulations on a busy Friday night which included a gaggle of awkward teenagers attending Grad Night. As a part of that report, we shared some tips for people attending during a Grad Night. In Part 3, we showed up for rope drop at Disneyland and we stayed long enough to experience most of our favorite aspects of both parks. We remembered why we continually deprive ourselves of sleep to get to the parks early. Part 4 will cover a shorter day at California Adventure where we ran out of steam embarrassingly quickly. Read on and enjoy!

May 26th

Sarah and I decided to conclude our Disneyland Resort touring for the month of May on Saturday of Memorial Day Weekend. Memorial Day at Disneyland was a bit of an unknown quantity for Sarah and I. In our previous park touring lives, we were normally not in Southern California during the summer. We were undergraduate students who were off doing different things during our break so we did not go to the parks. Sarah and I also had Annual Passports that were not valid for most of these times.

We figured it would be incredibly busy and we were not disappointed. We arrived at Disney California Adventure immediately as the line was moving for Fastpasses for Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: Breakout! Sarah and I jumped in that line and grabbed our passes. After we were done, we walked through A Bug’s Land and towards Radiator Springs.

My intention was to try to get into the queue for Radiator Springs Racers and wait a relatively short amount of time since the park just opened. However, we were greeted by a line that extended beyond the queue and down the center of Radiator Springs. Instead, we danced around and around at our new favorite attraction: Luigi’s Rollocking Roadsters.

Sarah and I danced around and around and around in our car and we honestly considered jumping right back in line to ride again. It seems weird for us to be obsessed with the attraction, but it is just so fun. The queue is impressive, the music is lighthearted, and the cars spinning and moving around in well-choreographed movements; it’s just very amusing!

Speaking of amusing, we walked over to the no longer hidden gem that is Goofy’s Sky School. Sarah and I remember fondly the days that Goofy’s Sky School was a reliable release valve for our parking touring days. There was almost never a wait!

Now we walk over and it is unsurprising to see a 40 minute wait. People have clearly caught onto our secret! I wonder if this will change at all once The Incredicoaster and the Pixar Pier ferris wheel open. I hope that this is just a temporary uptick in people flying the goofy skies.

After we were done slamming each other into the sides of our ride vehicles due to a never-ending game of Jello, we walked back towards the front of the park. Naturally, we needed to stop off at The Little Mermaid - Ariel’s Undersea Adventure. We walked directly onto the attraction and then were immediately annoyed by another guest.

The person in the clam shell next to us decided it was a good idea to use their flash during the entire duration of the ride. This is another despicable act to seasoned Disney Parks tourists. Dark rides are the last place people should be using their flash.

First of all, it completely ruins the ride for other guests. Disney Imagineering creates these scenes on dark rides by using the dark to emphasize the show and to hide the things that are supposed to remain unseen. Second of all, it ruins the ride for the person using their flash! They miss so much by using their flash. It completely ruins your own riding experience.

You’re welcome! Two rants in one month’s trip reports!

After we were done shooting dirty looks to the family in front of us with their flash, we walked over towards Grizzly River. I saw that there was still a Fastpass available in the near future for Soarin’ so I went ahead and grabbed it. To kill the small amount of time until our return, we decided to wander through the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. I have made no secret that this is one of my favorite Disneyland Resort attractions. I go in and find something new every time I explore. This time, I found all these delightful statues!

After I was done taking pictures, we returned to Soarin’ to use our Fastpass. By the time we were done with the attraction, we were incredibly tired. Apparently, we just don’t have the stamina we once did!

We limped towards the park exit and drove home to conclude our May Disneyland touring.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter