• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Autotrain ID?

Teacher510

DIS Veteran
When I made my Autotrain ressies last December for this August I was told to have photo ID. I do not have a photo on my license but DD does. I asked about the acceptability of an ID from a photo place with SS# and was told twice that it would be fine. I'd hate to get there and find that it wouldn't be fine. Anyone take the Autotrain recently? Can you put my mind at ease or give me a warning that I need to go to the DMV? Thanks!:D

I didn't know states still issued licenses w/out photos but... a passport would do or if you don't have a passport - in my state the DMV issues photo ID cards for non-drivers etc... for only about $10
Hope this helps
Christine

You're defintely going to have to get a picture ID. They will ask for ID at the gate prior to dropping off your car.

As the previous poster suggested, you should contact your DMV and get a non-driver photo ID.

We also live in NJ and do not have photos on our driver's license (renewed via mail). DH and I are planning on taking our passports for id for the Autotrain. Do I need any sort of id for the kids (ages 6 and 3)?
Thanks.
-- NancyJ
(leaving in 7 days for WDW)

Hi Auto trainers
Spoke to amtrak rep about this very question and she made a note on my reservation that I will be providing a teacher photo id and my wife will use her nurses photo id. She also mentioned that they are aware that nj doesn't require a photo id for the drivers license. Anyway with all this said.........I'm still going to get
my photo id license.......just to be sure.
My only question what is needed for a photo id besides one's birth certificate?????

Also let's all hope the Auto Train/Amtrak will be running through this summer?????

ps- you could also go to the "county store" at one of the malls and get either a passport or a state issued photo id.
good luck
chris

After reading the posts I've also decided to get a photo license this week. My school doesn't have teacher ID's so I have nothing at all with a photo. My DD got her license last year and I don't remember her needing anything else besides her birth certificate.
I second the hope that I will still have a train to take come August! After watching CBS's report this morning I'm a bit nervous! :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter