Autograph ideas other than books

OHVolunteer

Mouseketeer
We are taking our two girls (ages 4 and 2) for their first trip at the end of February so naturally I'm planning on getting them things this Christmas that can be used on the trip. I was going to get them autograph books but my husband thought they would just get thrown in the closet once we got home and not really used. So I'm wondering if any of you veterans have any suggestions on other items that have worked well for autographs that can be used after the trip. Bonus points if you have links to where I can find them.

Thanks for your help!

For younger ones, I like the autograph/photo books. They are able to look back and see the photos that correspond with the autographs. My girls still look back at their first books. I have seen others do pillow cases, T-shirt’s, canvas bags etc, just remember that whatever it is has to be carried everywhere you go and easy enough to quickly take out to be signed.

Have a great 1st trip!

For younger ones, I like the autograph/photo books. They are able to look back and see the photos that correspond with the autographs. My girls still look back at their first books. I have seen others do pillow cases, T-shirt’s, canvas bags etc, just remember that whatever it is has to be carried everywhere you go and easy enough to quickly take out to be signed.

Have a great 1st trip!

I saw a family using t-shirts for autographs on my last trip and thought it was a great idea. Easy to carry around the parks, and lots of options for what the kids can do with them once they get home as well.

You could get two white photo matts for them to sign! Then print a photo of your each of your girls and put them in a frame. Then it could be hung up and you'll have memories every time you see it!

I've also seen people take around a plain white mug, although that's kind of hit or miss because the Sharpie may smear and you'll have to keep them from breaking during travel.

Maybe a canvas tote bag or drawstring backpack, too?

I suggest a white backpack and sharpies in different colors - then they can use it for school when they get back!

We did Disney hats, older daughter chose a baseball hat and younger a bucket type. Nothing to carry or get ready, dh and I both carried a couple sharpies and we were all set. The hats got worn a lot and displayed on a hook in their rooms for a long time after, vs the autograph books that collected dust.

We are taking our two girls (ages 4 and 2) for their first trip at the end of February so naturally I'm planning on getting them things this Christmas that can be used on the trip. I was going to get them autograph books but my husband thought they would just get thrown in the closet once we got home and not really used. So I'm wondering if any of you veterans have any suggestions on other items that have worked well for autographs that can be used after the trip. Bonus points if you have links to where I can find them.

Thanks for your help!
Post cards of the characters. When you get home glue them to poster board, frame and hang up in your child’s room.

Thank you all these are all great suggestions! For those that did hats or t-shirts did you also bring like a small piece of cardboard or anything to make it easier for the characters to sign?

Thank you all these are all great suggestions! For those that did hats or t-shirts did you also bring like a small piece of cardboard or anything to make it easier for the characters to sign?

We didn't need anything for the hats - they were firm enough.

My kids do hats. My oldest (17) brought her hat from our last visit in 2013 again on our trip this past summer and had a few sign it that she didn’t have.

Youngest got a new hat and new signatures and the middle didn’t care and has signatures on one of his yankee hats.

My kids wear their hats around the park so the only thing I had to carry was a sharpie but nope, my 17 yo carried that in her bag.

We ddI an autograph book in 2005 and our older 2 each had one. They for sure were in the back of a closet. I think I just found one and pitched it!

My wife ordered a giant pin from Etsy for our cruise, and we had the characters sign those. It has a little stand and lives on DS's bookshelf :)

our kids loved doing the signature mat boards. when we got home we put our favorite pic from the trip in the mat.

We did pillow cases. I had my daughters name put on it and then brought a small needle point hoop and would move the area around after each interaction so the signatures were all over the pillowcase. Very easy to carry around. We brought clickable sharpies in several different colors and then she used it on her bed after we got home. We have also done white canvas bags and backpacks. I have seen other suggest white aprons, hats, photo mats, some have done white vinylmation figurines they bought at the park (not sure if they still sell those) and T Shirts. Just remember characters will not sign anything you are wearing so take off hats and don't wear the shirts if you want them to sign them.

We did pillow cases. I had my daughters name put on it and then brought a small needle point hoop and would move the area around after each interaction so the signatures were all over the pillowcase. Very easy to carry around. We brought clickable sharpies in several different colors and then she used it on her bed after we got home. We have also done white canvas bags and backpacks. I have seen other suggest white aprons, hats, photo mats, some have done white vinylmation figurines they bought at the park (not sure if they still sell those) and T Shirts. Just remember characters will not sign anything you are wearing so take off hats and don't wear the shirts if you want them to sign them.
We are also doing pillow cases for our kids trip next month. I got some white throw pillow cases and personalized them using my silhouette and we will take those. Did the clickable sharpies work well? I still need to work out that detail of exactly what they will use to write on them. I also thought about taking a small clipboard so we could use that to set the pillowcase in place for the characters to sign. This is our first trip so I'm learning as I go.

I bought letters of my son’s initials for him to have signed and hang in his bedroom. Also bought a wooden frame that I painted and had signed for a family photo.

A31072BE-FEC3-4073-9D0C-8AB129B44BB2.jpeg C735FF8A-4E28-4A16-B590-023361BA83A0.jpeg

Our favorite so far was bringing the 9” blank Mickey vinylmation for the characters to sign. A little bulky to carry but it looks pretty cool as a decoration in the kids’ room.

Also love the white backpack idea!

Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts