• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani - First Visit Questions

2prettygirl

Mouseketeer
Does the resort have swim floats/toys for use or do you have to rent these items? Or do most people buy and leave there upon departures?

I read something about a possible snorkel package being available for rent/cost. Can someone provide me with some information regarding this?

There is a stand at the beach that will rent a bag of sand toys and boogie boards. These rentals are included. We also rented snorkel gear there that was included, but I can't remember if that was included because we paid for Rainbow Reef.

There is a stand That will rent SUP that also provides free boogie boards plus sand toys - they are first come, first serve.

Most people tend to buy cheap floats from either the ABC store or Walmart/ Target for use in the lagoon - you can’t use them in the pools / lazy river.

Snorkelling equipment you can hire from the fish Reef experience kiosk.

At the beach, Aulani has a spot where they will provide sand toys and boogie boards free of charge. There are plenty of boogie boards and I saw many sets of sand toys. There was never a time during the week that I stayed there where there wasn’t availability of either and the beach was crowded. At this location you can also rent masks and snorkels. $25 per person per day. Or you can pay $45 per person and it is good for your entire stay. If you go for the entire stay they make a note of this in their computer system. Each day they punch your band with a Mickey shaped punch to let the workers know. You can then get a mask and snorkel use it for as long as you like return it and repeat as many times as you like per day. Should you choose to go to Rainbow Reef, you will show your punched band and they will give you a mask and snorkel up there. They don’t want you to use ocean mask and snorkels in Rainbow Reef, they want you to use the ones up there I assume to prevent some cross contamination for the fish. So once you pay your $45 per person you can do both the beach or Rainbow Reef as many times as you like. Or you can pay $25 for one time use. My wife and I did the $45 per person as we easily got the value. My kids had their own masks and snorkels with them that they used in the ocean. They were allowed to use their mask and snorkels in Rainbow Reef but we had to pay for them just like they were renting equipment. I think the one time rental for kids is $15 and length of stay is $25. Someone mentioned the ABC store across the street. I’d recommend you visit there anyway as they have a whole bunch of stuff food/toys/souvenirs/tee shirts/liquor/beach stuff...etc.

We bought snorkel gear and floats from Target on our way to the resort as part of our grocery stop. They were pretty inexpensive. But if you have floats, I would also recommend buying a hand pump to inflate them. The resort will not do it for you. We were able to purchase one at the Island Market store across the street.

If you rented snorkel gear at the beach stand, you can get snorkel gear for Rainbow Reef. They don't let intermingle the gear from the beach with Rainbow Reef, so drop it back off at the beach and get a set for Rainbow Reef and vice versa.

Are you allowed to take the beach snorkel equipment off site? Just wondering if we could go with the $45 length of stay option and use that snorkel equipment around the island. Thanks!

Are you allowed to take the beach snorkel equipment off site? Just wondering if we could go with the $45 length of stay option and use that snorkel equipment around the island. Thanks!
I don’t believe they want you to do that. I personally would (and did) buy my own if I was planning to go several times and different places.

I'm pretty sure we read somewhere that the snorkel equipment is for resort use only. You can buy really cheap sets at all the local shops (even the ABC store across the road). Or, buy them cheap on Amazon and bring with you. Will certainly cost you less the $45 each to BYO

Thanks @cgattis and @orion2185! I thought that sounded too good to be true. We actually have nice snorkel equipment so I’ll probably just pack that. Just trying to save suitcase space for necessities — like my hubby’s mountain of Hawaiian shirts — and still have room for copious amounts of Kona coffee coming home. :thumbsup2

Yeah just do what I did and pack an extra suitcase!! 😝

We brought our own (nice) gear and never regretted it for a second.

Thanks @cgattis and @orion2185! I thought that sounded too good to be true. We actually have nice snorkel equipment so I’ll probably just pack that. Just trying to save suitcase space for necessities — like my hubby’s mountain of Hawaiian shirts — and still have room for copious amounts of Kona coffee coming home. :thumbsup2

We always bring our own snorkel gear. Can always bring a extra bag (or what we do is always pack a large reusable bag for any overflow). Depending upon where you buy your kona coffee...some places can ship it home to you. We have find the shipping rates are not that crazy (though we live in Australia).

Depending upon where you buy your kona coffee...some places can ship it home to you. We have find the shipping rates are not that crazy (though we live in Australia).

Duh. Excellent point! Don’t know why that didn’t cross my mind, but now I’ll keep it in my back pocket if we overflow our overflow bag.:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter