Attempted refund of Swoop fares (SUCCESSFUL)

Reepicheep

Mouseketeer
Our August flights were all cancelled by Swoop, but rather than offering a refund as other airlines have done, they are only offering a flight credit.

I've been reading reports of Swoop customers being reimbursed by their credit card companies, so a couple of days ago I filed a request with TD Canada Trust to have my airfares refunded. The TD website states that, because they are receiving many refund requests related to COVID-19, it will take as long as ten work days for TD to investigate my request, and up to 30 days for a refund to appear on my credit card (assuming I get a refund).

I assume TD and Swoop have already come to an agreement, whereby all refund requests are either rejected or accepted, so I'm hopeful that I'll know within a week or two whether my request has been successful. I'll post the result in this thread, once TD and Swoop have reached a decision.

I imagine there must be a lot of people in the same boat as me. Has anyone here successfully received a refund from their credit card company for flights that Swoop cancelled?

I've already had partial success. On Aug 20, I submitted three refund requests to TD Bank, corresponding to three sets of transactions I had with Swoop which occurred on different days in February. On Aug 26 I received a credit on my credit card for the oldest transaction.

During the submission process, TD warned that they may make a tentative refund, but that they had 60 days to "change their minds" and take back the refund. Still, at this point I'm very confident that I'll receive a full refund for my flights. Since there is nothing to lose, I encourage all travelers who are in the same situation as me to try for a refund from your credit card company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter