At SSR now - Are members supposed to make the beds?

We are a family of five that use the pull out and murphy bed and we have had:
*no sheets on them
*clean sheets
and
*dirty sheets
We stay at multiple resorts and it is not resort specific..have had all three at the same resort. We believe it is a housekeeping issue, so now we always leave them open on checkout day so one gets our used sheets :scared:.

I’ve started checking if the pull out is made up as soon as we get the room. I’ve had a few late night calls to housekeeping to get sheets and get the bed made up.

in all our years at BWV we only had 1 time when I opened the sofa bed the covers and sheets were on but not made. Who ever was there before us just closed the sofa as it was with covers and sheets crinkled up. It had been used.

in all our years at BWV we only had 1 time when I opened the sofa bed the covers and sheets were on but not made. Who ever was there before us just closed the sofa as it was with covers and sheets crinkled up. It had been used.
Yuck!

How do they consider DVC to be luxury/deluxe? Sleeping on a sofa bed does not sound very comfortable. Having to make up the beds does not sound like vacation to me.
DVC is a timeshare, so you will not get regular housekeeping, and use of sofa beds is typical.
Denise

How do they consider DVC to be luxury/deluxe? Sleeping on a sofa bed does not sound very comfortable. Having to make up the beds does not sound like vacation to me.

DVC is a timeshare, so you will not get regular housekeeping, and use of sofa beds is typical.
Denise

The deluxe part relates to size of rooms as well as other amenities such as TS restaurants, valet parking, gym facilities, etc.

The deluxe part relates to size of rooms as well as other amenities such as TS restaurants, valet parking, gym facilities, etc.

It also should relate to the room fixtures, furniture and amenities themselves but Disney has for the most part gotten away with not doing that because of the locations of the resorts. It's Disney Deluxe which is different from outside the bubble deluxe.

I so agree with KAT4DISNEY. IMO the deluxe rooms at Disney do not meet the deluxe hotel standards. Even the room sizes are often lacking, like the BLT studio which is smaller than a Holiday Inn Express standard room that usually includes a pony wall between the king bed or two queen beds and the queen pull out out couch. And now they added CCV where the rooms are so narrow that even the 1 and 2 BRs are smaller than the DVC norm. All of the DVC rooms should have exceptional quality linens and extra large fluffy towels, plus large rooms with good furniture. Aulani is the closest resort to meeting the deluxe label.

It also should relate to the room fixtures, furniture and amenities themselves but Disney has for the most part gotten away with not doing that because of the locations of the resorts. It's Disney Deluxe which is different from outside the bubble deluxe.
Yes, but even Disney Deluxe actually comes with 2 queens so a family of 4 can sleep comfortably.

I don't know if they still do, but they used to advertise the time shares as a savings over getting Deluxe rooms. I think the only reason it could be a savings is because you are not getting the same value at all.

If you check in and find the sofa/chair already made up, they are most likely dirty from the previous occupant.

Is this a typo? Honestly this discussion is all over the place with different experiences. I would think that you would be able to tell a freshly made sofa bed from a used yet made sofa bed.
When we stayed at both the Poly & AKL this past November our sofa beds/murphy bed at Poly were made and with clean sheets. And that is how it should be, no debate about it. When we are checking out we leave the sheets hanging out messy so that they are replaced.

I will be checking first thing when we are back in October.

If everyone would do that then there would not be dirty sheets on the beds, but sadly few do this. You've been warned, check closely. If we use the pull out, the sheets are in the tub along with the used towels, no problem for housekeeping to know what is dirty.

We always use studios and never find the pullouts already made up. That's always the first thing I like to look for - linens in the closet to make it up. Every once in awhile we don't even find them in the closet so we have to call for them. Last time we did a split stay with a 1-bedroom at AKV Jambo which has both a pullout sofa and a pullout chair and there was only linens for the one pullout so we had to call & ask for the linens for the other one to be brought up. In fact I think there was only 1 sheet - the linens package didn't even have 2 sheets in it to finish the one bed. And NO spare pillows what-so-ever. Had to call & ask for everything to be brought up.

Yes, but even Disney Deluxe actually comes with 2 queens so a family of 4 can sleep comfortably.

I don't know if they still do, but they used to advertise the time shares as a savings over getting Deluxe rooms. I think the only reason it could be a savings is because you are not getting the same value at all.

They really want to push families into a 2 bedroom, like you would have at home. Parents have their own private room with a king bed. You should know the configurations when you decide to buy.

When we stayed at SSR in a studio in July of last year and I opened the sofa bed it was totally bare - which surprised me. I found the sheets and blanket/pillows in the closet, but that was the first time I had opened a sofa bed at Disney and there were no sheets on it. I just figured it was an SSR thing. It was no big deal, but not my favorite thing trying to get the sheets tucked up into it.

But as to the OP, I have NEVER had the sofa bed made up for me either.

Last edited:
We were at SSR in October and the pull-out was not made up when we arrived. I don't recall anytime that it has been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter