Asleep @ the Switch (re points)

keishashadow

Proud Redhead...yes, I have some bananas!
You'd think I'd "get it" by now, but am confused by another post that referenced something to the effect of:

If you transfer points into a UY, you can't transfer them out??? (Something about not being able to go both ways?)

I thought I could bank left-over 05's into 06;

Then bank left over 06's into 07; and so on, under the appropriate banking deadlines.

Hope I didn't mess up on this one.:guilty:

I'm no expert but I'll take a stab at it. It sounds like what you are talking about is banking points, which you can doe from one UY to another. Transfer is something different. Last year I transferred points to another member in my 05 UY, for the remainder of my 05 UY I can only tranfer points out and cannot get points transferred into my account from another member until my next UY. Transfers in or transfers out, you can only go one way. If I'm not correct I'm sure one of the experts will correct me.

magicmommy said:
I'm no expert but I'll take a stab at it. It sounds like what you are talking about is banking points, which you can doe from one UY to another. Transfer is something different. Last year I transferred points to another member in my 05 UY, for the remainder of my 05 UY I can only tranfer points out and cannot get points transferred into my account from another member until my next UY. Transfers in or transfers out, you can only go one way. If I'm not correct I'm sure one of the experts will correct me.
Thanks, hope you're right (starting to breathe again!).LOL

Just posting to say that magicmommy is correct - sounds like she is more of an expert than she gives herself credit for, LOL!

Best wishes -

Thanks Carol, I guess you can't help but be somewhat of an expert when you are obsessed with something!

I think MagicMommy is right here:
Points Transfer refers to when one member transfer his/her own points to another member. Banking is internal to one member's account.

In fact, you can bank points that have been transferred into you account; but banking and transfer are different transactions. You just can't transfer points out of you account to another member if you have received any point transfer into you account during that Use Year.

Kieshashadow, you are correct that you can bank your own 05 points into 06, or 06 points into 07, if you so desire and you are within the appropriate banking window. This has nothing to do with point transfer, however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter