As the Ticker Turns...the neverending saga of the Resort Changers

We really don't have many ADR's as I too, feel they are time constraining. This trip it was mostly due to expected crowds...and tweaking of times.
Annnnd DH asked about CRT -about maybe taking our DCP kid there as last meal-he asked a week ago. I :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. But put in an alert on mouse dining and one popped up last night. Decided NOT to take it...going to do some tours instead. And added a dessert party. I need to stop now LOL
Lol! A fun and cheap (by Disney standards) tour was the elephant tour at AK. Walking with giants or something. We signed up at AK the desk, near the Safari. They take you by bus back stage to a viewing area in the back of the elephant area. You can see the Safari vehicles going by across the way. There are 2 CMs that talk about the elephants and you get to watch them for quite awhile. The Safari trucks go by so quickly.

Happy New Year Resort Changers!!!! I've got one trip in 2018 booked to see my DD13 (who will be a high school freshman) sing in the Candlelight Processional.

Trips planned...my first DCL cruise on 1/12 with my DS16 for his 17th birthday
DL 3/8-11

I will admit that I enjoyed DL in November much more than many of our recent WDW trips. WDW has gotten SO crowded and FP tiers have become kooky at best.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018 :)

Lol! A fun and cheap (by Disney standards) tour was the elephant tour at AK. Walking with giants or something. We signed up at AK the desk, near the Safari. They take you by bus back stage to a viewing area in the back of the elephant area. You can see the Safari vehicles going by across the way. There are 2 CMs that talk about the elephants and you get to watch them for quite awhile. The Safari trucks go by so quickly.
DH and I LOVED that tour (eligible with discounts too)

I thought working with a TA would make me less change happy.

Not so much.

I started with AKL standard.

Then rethought that given how little time I plan to spend in the room. So changed it to AoA.

Then rethought that - the double beds thing, not being a huge LM fan, etc. - and today changed to POFQ Garden View. It seemed like the best compromise - queen beds, but not AS much as a Deluxe cost-wise. If we knew for sure that CBR was going to have legit food options and not the truck and tent thing, I would have gone with that...but given that i'm gluten-free and have not read the greatest reviews of the current situation with food allergies, I decided against it. I know rumor is end of 2017, but we all know how these things go, and Feb 2018 isn't that long after "end of 2017" in construction-speak.
LOL about the TA thing, these poor TAs that deal with our many changes

LOL about the TA thing, these poor TAs that deal with our many changes

I know!! I feel so bad every time I email her with something. The last time I was just asking her to go ahead and charge the final payment but I didn't want her freaking out so I think my subject was something like "No, I'm NOT making another change!!"

Happy New Year Resort Changers!!!! I've got one trip in 2018 booked to see my DD13 (who will be a high school freshman) sing in the Candlelight Processional.

Trips planned...my first DCL cruise on 1/12 with my DS16 for his 17th birthday
DL 3/8-11

I will admit that I enjoyed DL in November much more than many of our recent WDW trips. WDW has gotten SO crowded and FP tiers have become kooky at best.

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018 :)
We were at DL in September. Loved it. We had a 5 day hopper and could easily have stayed for 7. I wouldn’t say I enjoyed it more than WDW, it’s just different. We stayed at a hotel just across the street and up a block from main gate. Very convenient and cheaper than on site. Easier to stay off site at DL and still walk to the parks.
We were so sad that Space Mtn and HM were closed. Especially Space, I hear it’s so much better than WDW.
Enjoy your cruise!

Happy New Year Resort Changers!

It's been awhile since I've popped in! Our last trip was in August at the Poly (CL)! It was great and we booked the free dining BB and are staying at BWI this summer!

How is everyone doing?

It's been awhile since I've popped in! Our last trip was in August at the Poly (CL)! It was great and we booked the free dining BB and are staying at BWI this summer!

How is everyone doing?
Happy New Years! Last Aug we went to DL for a change of pace and in Early Dec went to WDW to enjoy the Christmas decorations. This Aug booked at WL.

Happy New Years! Last Aug we went to DL for a change of pace and in Early Dec went to WDW to enjoy the Christmas decorations. This Aug booked at WL.
Nice!! What are your dates this year? Mine are 8/20 - 8/29. Do we overlap at all?

We were at DL in September. Loved it. We had a 5 day hopper and could easily have stayed for 7. I wouldn’t say I enjoyed it more than WDW, it’s just different. We stayed at a hotel just across the street and up a block from main gate. Very convenient and cheaper than on site. Easier to stay off site at DL and still walk to the parks.
We were so sad that Space Mtn and HM were closed. Especially Space, I hear it’s so much better than WDW.
Enjoy your cruise!
We did Haunted Mansion Holiday 3x LOVED IT. And Space too! Guardians!!! My heart was stolen by DL.

How is everyone doing?
BWI *sigh* miss it there.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

We did Haunted Mansion Holiday 3x LOVED IT. And Space too! Guardians!!! My heart was stolen by DL.

BWI *sigh* miss it there.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
I was so disappointed that both Space AND HM were closed while we were there to retheme for holidays. I especially wanted to ride Space since it’s so different from WDW version.

SO! DH and I totally just booked an ALONE trip for us yesterday!!! We are going next month!!! I am so excited. We have not had a trip alone together in almost 16 years!

We are staying at AKL in a savanna view room. I CANNOT WAIT!!!

SO! DH and I totally just booked an ALONE trip for us yesterday!!! We are going next month!!! I am so excited. We have not had a trip alone together in almost 16 years!

We are staying at AKL in a savanna view room. I CANNOT WAIT!!!
Nice! We had an Arusha savanna room last trip. Loved it. During that stay when booking we noticed CL was less than an Arusha view. We were certain it must have been a mistake but booked it!

SOoo I just found this thread... wish I saw it months ago... Anyways. we are 2 weeks out from our next trip! We are staying at All Star Movies. Originally we had Wilderness Lodge- switched to Yacht Club to be closer to epcot for my father in law who we thought was wanting a scooter- then switched to All Star Movies because he slacked off on paying on his vacation and we had to switch or switch dining and he chose switching resorts which was okay with us because we saved alot of money. It has been a frustrating road... we've switched resorts, ADR's, fast passes, which parks to go to on what day.... you name it... we've done it... It'll be hubby and our 3.5 year old daughter and myself going... as well as my mother & father in law. I've never stayed at ASM so we'll see how it goes:)

I just switched from AKL to WL for our May trip using the AP discount. I swear I'm done! I really am! :crazy: Now if I can just figure out what and where a "Nature" view is?!:confused3 I'm hoping they are just like Standard view because I would love to get a view of the MK fireworks.

Last edited:
I just switched from AKL to WL using the AP discount. I swear I'm done! I really am! :crazy: Now if I can just figure out what a "Nature" view is?!:confused3
I find it kind of fun to switch around some. We've gone from POR to AOA and now maybe something else? We have a ways till our departure but still..... I love logging into MDE every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!