Are/were you a fan of Hogan's Heroes? If they made a remake would you watch it?

i don't think a remake would work but if someone has a hankering for an alternate version of sorts they should check out the disney cartoon from the late 90's 'recess'. there are TONS of hogan's heroes references in it.

Was a great show and it still holds up IMO. We just watched the entire series recently.

There has been a script for a movie floating around for years and there was a rumor of a remake a few years back with Mel Gibson as Hogan but I just don't see it working for many reasons.

One thing that probably helped the TV show is many of the people in it lived through or were directly affected by the Holocaust.
They were able to keep it funny and not glorify anything.
I'm not sure the current crop of movie folks could make it funny. Its pretty rare a remake works anymore.
I can only imagine the cast they would put together. Kevin Heart, Jack Black, etc... No thanks.

My mom used to watch Hogan's Heroes because of Richard Dawson and I don't know why she liked him but he was a big crush of my mom. I cannot figure out how METV plays so much Hogan's Heroes and they should replace Hogan's Heroes with another classic show. But I don't think a reboot of Hogan's Heroes would work today. Was this Richard Dawson's first big break before Family Feud and did he actually get famous before Hogan's Heroes?

My mom used to watch Hogan's Heroes because of Richard Dawson and I don't know why she liked him but he was a big crush of my mom. I cannot figure out how METV plays so much Hogan's Heroes and they should replace Hogan's Heroes with another classic show. But I don't think a reboot of Hogan's Heroes would work today. Was this Richard Dawson's first big break before Family Feud and did he actually get famous before Hogan's Heroes?

He was a known comedian in the UK and did a few guest appearances on other shows, but Hogans Heroes was his claim to fame, at least in the US for sure. Family Feud came later, and he's still the best host. He had such charm.

BTW- This is streaming on Amazon FreeVee and its the restored in HD version.
That is one of the great things about some of these older shows that were shot on film - they can redo them in HD from the original film.

Same thing for I dream of Jeannie - but that is not streaming for free currently - it was a few months back.

The further we get from World War 2, the less likely people would be interested. I agree with others who said the endless number of remakes/revivals/etc. seem more like they have run out of creative ideas for NEW shows. CSI and NCIS are typical examples.............same show/storyline but in a different city with different actors. Shows are probably all filmed in Hollywood with sets made to look like a particular city or perhaps a few on-location shots. Now a remake of "Matlock" apparently starting soon. No idea if this is supposed to be his granddaughter, but otherwise trying to benefit from the popularity of the prior show.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest