Are/were you a fan of Hogan's Heroes? If they made a remake would you watch it?

A pair of 74yo geezers here so MeTV is on A-LOT and of course HH is still enjoyed. Why certainly we will give a new one a try or 2

It was one of my favorite shows when I was younger. Haven't seen it in decades, and I'm not sure it would hold up (imo). Would not be interested in a remake.

I’ve never seen it but I’m sick of remakes, sequels, previews, CSI Every city that ever existed, and ‘new’ shows that are really a remake under a different name. Are there no new ideas? Is the entertainment industry that lazy? I don’t watch much tv, there is nothing that makes me want to tune in.

I watch it but I’m not sure a remake would fit into current culture - theme is a little too old for younger people to relate - with that being said a few years ago they did a remake sort of of Green Acres and I really got into it but it got cancelled

I've never watched it but my dad loves this show. He would watch reruns on MeTV and the moment the intro song would start playing, our dog would run over and lay down next to my dad. We joked that she loved Hogan's Heroes too lol

With that said, I don't think every show needs a reboot. Some shows are fine as they are and can be enjoyed even today.

I was thinking the concept could be applied to another war setting but with some updated comedy.

Last edited:
I watched it. I haven’t seen it in a long time so am not sure how well it held up for me. Over time I have realized that a lot of the shows I enjoyed in my youth really weren’t very good.

Maybe they could do one and figure out who murdered Hogan in real life - I don’t believe that mystery was ever solved !
I watched a show about the cast once it was very interesting hearing about all the actors from the show and their backgrounds and what they had done before and after the show

Maybe they could do one and figure out who murdered Hogan in real life - I don’t believe that mystery was ever solved !
I watched a show about the cast once it was very interesting hearing about all the actors from the show and their backgrounds and what they had done before and after the show
He married the actress who played Helga right?

I’ve never seen it but I’m sick of remakes, sequels, previews, CSI Every city that ever existed, and ‘new’ shows that are really a remake under a different name. Are there no new ideas? Is the entertainment industry that lazy? I don’t watch much tv, there is nothing that makes me want to tune in.
I was thinking an updated version with the original characters' decendents being involved. So grandchildren/great grandchildren generation.

I enjoy it when I can see an episode. I met Robert Clary (LeBeau) when he spoke at a holocaust remembrance seminar I went to in high school. He told his harrowing story, and afterwards was lovely to our group. He was a good man.

I don't think I would watch a reboot. I generally dislike reboots.

You are partially correct - she was his second wife and she was second actress to play secretary- she was divorcing him when he was murdered and his son from his first marriage still suspects she may have killed him 😳🤔 she died of lung cancer back in the 70s

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest