Are there places to refill water bottles in the parks

OScheermom

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to decide if I want to carry around my refillable water bottle. Are there plenty of places to fill it up? Thanks for any info

There are water fountains all over the parks. I usually bring arefillable aluminum water bottle with a carabiner to clip to my backpack. Yes, it's covered with Mickeys.

Edit - more information. From my experience, most bathrooms tend to have water fountains near by. But not all.

I've never used the refillable water stations but I do remember seeing them on a 2019 trip. Last month I didn't see any in MK so I asked a popcorn cart CM if there was one and he said no. Has anything changed since COVID or did I just completely miss them?

I've seen actual water bottle filling dispensers a few places, including Galaxy's Edge and Pandora. In other places, where things are a little older, you'd have to use the actual water fountains that people drink out of. I'm not really a germaphobe, I swear, but I have trouble using those because of how many kids I've seen put their mouths on them.

We often would refill our water bottles at the quick service locations where the fountain soda machines were serve yourself, which there were a few per park. (We would be sure not to touch any part of the mouth of our bottle to the unit.) Are there still these self serve locations or did it change due to Covid? Another option is getting a few cups of water from a quick service location and pouring into.

I have seen many drinking fountains but not so many that are also refillable water bottle stations. Where do you have a slightly chance of having somebody’s saliva all over the nozzle! Except for the people who push their bottle up to the spout… But anyway, can somebody please point me to them aside from the couple in galaxies edge and Pandora?

You can find the location of all refill stations by searching within the MDE app or online at the Disney website. Easy to just Google. There are refill stations at every park and other Disney locations.

I think there is one at the skyliner station at studios but I might be misremembering

Bumping this up to 2023. Have any of the self-serve fountain drink locations (for refilling water bottles with water) switched over to non self-serve in the past couple of years?

You can find the location of all refill stations by searching within the MDE app or online at the Disney website. Easy to just Google. There are refill stations at every park and other Disney locations.

Where are you able to search in MDE for the actual water bottle refill stations?

I've never used the refillable water stations but I do remember seeing them on a 2019 trip. Last month I didn't see any in MK so I asked a popcorn cart CM if there was one and he said no. Has anything changed since COVID or did I just completely miss them?
They have the bottle refill stations, though not nearly enough of them, IMO. In MK there is one inside Cosmic Ray's restaurant in Tomorrowland. HS there's one outside in Galaxy's Edge. AK I think there's one in Pandora. Epcot I know there is one but can't remember where.

I have a filtered water bottle, so I can use the fountains in a pinch. Filters out microbes and cleans out the "interesting" Orlando tap water taste.

You can ask at any quick service restaurant location for a cup of ice water, and can get more than 1 if needed.

Last summer we just refilled with ice water from quick service locations. Anytime we stopped for food we'd get a bunch of water too, to refill....and occasionally we'd pop in just for water, as well. :)

They definitely have them but not as many as they should. They're adding them slowly and we use them when they're around but we mostly fill up at the QS. We carry a bottle or two and we usually get a few ice waters at QS restaurants and dump them in our bottles. You can walk up to any QS counter in Disney and they usually have a full tray of free ice waters. Heads up, disney/FL water is GROSS- so bring some flavoring liquid/packets if you do actually plan to drink the water in your bottle. I'm from SE Florida and our drinking water is not near as bad as central FL. I half joke that they make the water taste so bad so you spend $$ and buy drinks.

They definitely have them but not as many as they should. They're adding them slowly and we use them when they're around but we mostly fill up at the QS. We carry a bottle or two and we usually get a few ice waters at QS restaurants and dump them in our bottles. You can walk up to any QS counter in Disney and they usually have a full tray of free ice waters. Heads up, disney/FL water is GROSS- so bring some flavoring liquid/packets if you do actually plan to drink the water in your bottle. I'm from SE Florida and our drinking water is not near as bad as central FL. I half joke that they make the water taste so bad so you spend $$ and buy drinks.

Brita makes a water bottle that helps with the taste but doesn't eliminate it entirely.

Re: that Touring Plans article:

"One thing that’s often a source of confusion is that these need to be actual Quick Service restaurants, not snack carts or snack stands."

Not necessarily true. Any snack stand that dispenses drinks from a fountain will give you free water or ice. If they sell bottles, then they have no water hookup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter