Are there any perks for cruises over Christmas day?

Canadian Girl

DIS Veteran
We have cancelled and moved cruises several times now and have finally booked the 6 day Magic over Christmas 2021. My just turned 16 year old wants to be in the Vibe before she ages out. With Covid, she will have missed most of her window. It will probably be just the two of us as my other kids who are older, don’t want to come. I have never been away from my family over Christmas before. We have done a couple of Merry time cruises but never over the actual holiday. I was wondering if there were any special perks?

Just for DCL and all the extra money they make, LOL

I think there may be a special Christmas Dinner, but pretty much everything else is just like the Merry Time cruises.
They may put a special treat in your room, a lithograph or something like that.

You get a lithograph when sailing over a major holiday. At least, you used to. No telling how severe cutbacks will be once DCL returns to service.

Santa is in the atrium Christmas morning. The cookie/treat buffet is also in the atrium with thick hot chocolate. They do have a special Christmas dinner menu. You can check prior Navigators to see what else is going on. We spent Xmas day on the Fantasy last year, which ended up being a sea day. I enjoyed it for one year, to surprise the kids coming home from school for winter break. One time is enough, though.

We have done a NYE cruise, we enjoyed the special things, and I think going for Christmas Day would be nice too! It is a nice lithograph!

We've done 4 Christmas cruises on the Wonder out of Galveston now and have loved every single one!!! The hardest part of all this craziness for me will not be stepping on that gorgeous ship this year when Christmas rolls around. :sad::sad::sad:

I've written trip reports with tons of photos for each one, links are in my signature. :thumbsup2

I've also put together vacation videos for each one and we watch them whenever we are missing the ship. :lovestruc

We sailed Christmas on the Fantasy 2019 - It was so perfect. Special things: Santa in the lobby Christmas morning, a special Christmas dinner, some drink/beverage specials and holiday music. Also door decorations were really ramped up and we spent an afternoon just walking around visiting and pixing dusting ones we particularly liked. Since losing my mom, I couldn't bear the thought of a Christmas at home (she was the heart of Christmas for our family). I can't say I didn't cry once in a while during the week, but all the holiday cheer, decorations and really wonderful crew and fellow passengers made it amazing and just what my family needed. We brought a tiny tree and decked out our room - it was so special. We are signed up for Christmas 2021 on the Fantasy.

I think I know the answer to this question, but they do not immediately take down the decorations after Christmas, right?

We have a cruise that leaves the day after Christmas in 2021. I know it is not a "merrytime" cruise but the decorations are still up during that cruise, right?

We sailed over Christmas a few years back and besides a special dinner and amazing shows we did get special gifts that i can remember.

We have cancelled and moved cruises several times now and have finally booked the 6 day Magic over Christmas 2021. My just turned 16 year old wants to be in the Vibe before she ages out. With Covid, she will have missed most of her window. It will probably be just the two of us as my other kids who are older, don’t want to come. I have never been away from my family over Christmas before. We have done a couple of Merry time cruises but never over the actual holiday. I was wondering if there were any special perks?
We changed to this cruise as well! Along with the extra perks noted, I found it to be a relaxing way to spend the holidays. A slow cruise in the Carribbean on Christmas day was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter