Are G+ or LL needed in Jan?

kellia

DIS Veteran
Are one or both of these needed for end of January? Just me and hubby, main thing he wants to see is Star Wars. We haven't been to the parks since 2017, so I'm really confused about how this all works now even after reading about it!

I would recommend reading the ‘Planning Tips - Start Here’ post.

What you ‘need’ is truly personal choice and how much time you have.

Late January is mid-sized crowds. If you prefer less time waiting you can purchase both ILL$ and G+ but it’s an option not a necessity.

Our family purchases G+ for MK and DHS but have never purchased an ILL$.

We usually visit in January because of the lower (not low) crowds. We find G+ useful for MK and DHS, especially because we tend to enter the parks late in the afternoon and can stack G+LLs with that in mind. We also buy IL$ for the rides that are important to us, such as FoP in AK. For GotG, we got a VQ but also bought IL$ for it, so we could ride more than once the same day. Tron wasn't open for our last visit, but I expect to do the VQ/IL$ combination for it when we do get there in January (assuming it's still VQ).

IOW, it does depend on what you want to ride and how long you're willing to wait in line for those rides.

We mainly go in winter. We get Genie + for MK, maybe HS, but skip it for AK and EPCOT. It’s nice at MK to stack rides and arrive later in the day. I still get up and make my first selection as early as allowed.

--->
I went during the last week of January this year and was shocked by how crowded it was. I had been to Disney in nearly every other month except January, and I was expecting that January would have some of the lowest crowds of what I've experienced, but it was actually the opposite. It was by far the most crowded I've ever experienced, and we were very glad we got Genie+ and ILLs.

We used it this past January, the last week. I liked it after I figured it out well.

We also enjoy late Jan. I think the answer to your question about G+/ILL is you probably don't need them - but since you can decide while you're there to buy or not buy, (or buy 1 day and not others) you can make your decision based on the crowds and weather when you're there!

We usually go in January. I was glad to have Genie+ and ILL this year. My back gets cranky if I stand in line too long so the cost is worth it for us.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest