Are bargain closeout stores disappearing?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
When my cousins were little my aunt used to be hooked on bargain closeout store chains such as Big Lots and turned my mom into a fan of bargain closeout stores and my aunt used to buy my cousins toys from Big Lots when they were little and now I seem to notice that bargain closeout stores seem to be dying and are now replaced with stores like Factory2U Dollar Tree Dollar General Five Below and DD's Discounts and I would like to know the reason? Is it because stores like TJ Maxx and Burlington Coat Factory and Ross Dress For Less are now trying to be like Factory2U and Big Lots and with dollar stores being popular is the main reason why bargain closeout stores are slowly dying? Because it used to be that if you wanted cheap deals on anything from clothing to home decor toys and kitchen appliances and even food you could easily look at stores like Ollie's Bargain Mart to find the best deals and then you had Tuesday Morning which was a Factory 2U type store that sold anything for a good price. But I think why so many bargain closeout stores went bankrupt is because of the success of Dollar General and Dollar Tree and they always seem to have good deals

Maybe it depends on where you live,
We had a BigLots but it closed years ago. I can travel 10 miles N to go to another. It's a bigger store than ours was. When I shopped in metro area of Phoenix, they had the nicest, biggest BigLots, I had seen!
We now have an Ollies, that is what I would think is a bargain closeout store. I finally ventured in and all I bought was a young reader book for my 9yr old GS to read in the car driving to Hockey so he can get his reading time in. BUT, they did have things that I thought were very much reduced in price so I understand the enticement to go back!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest