***April 2019***

Magic bands came in the mail, so I have everything, just have to maybe next week link them. But, I think I'm going to still call the Disney help desk, something just looks off in MDE to me, it's probably fine but I'd like to hear it and not be surprised later!

Purchased DAH for April 11th at MK. I’m so excited as I’ve never done this before.
That's exciting! I want to, but I'm having a difficult time justifying it for four of us!

Thanks @PolyRob
Just as said, the way FPs look right now in the system is fine, and I will be able to book 60 days (not including end date in calculation). Disney is assuming I can use my tickets now aside from my resort reservation, as they are paid tickets, but the system will see the resort linked and open up 60 days prior.

I went ahead and linked the magicband2's I bought from the Disney Store to make sure they work so I'm not dealing with any issues later, all is good, very easy to link. Debated on getting DAH, but for four of us that is $500, and likely have to do some other travel later summer or what issues may arise, so am probably not purchasing.

I may get the teens DAH and head back to the hotel early with the littles.. it’s a thought

QUOTE="jen7233, post: 60130337, member: 87311"]I actually would do the exact same thing as you if I was doing a solo or even doubles, I'd get DAH even if I only had a regular ticket. With my kids, I'm just thinking no.[/QUOTE]

Anyone doing anything other than DW parks/Disney Springs/DW area during your visit such as beaches, other cities, museums, etc?

Considering going to the Sea Life Aquarium in Orlando, has anyone been?

Anyone looking for EMM at MK.. still waiting I think doubtful bc I would need over Easter but I’d like to finalize plans

We have EMM booked for the Monday after .. we have a PPO for BOG on Sunday but I have a feeling hours are going to change

Yeah, I am hoping to get EMM so we don’t have to book an 7D fp. I have to MK days, and I’ve put them on the typical EMM mornings. If no EMM I may change days around. I think, though, that MK morning hours will be early all week, with EMH all week, too.

For those booking EMM or DAH, how many park days will you have for your trip? Was that a consideration in going for EMM or DAH? Have you ever done these extras before? Just curious on experience. Looks like EMM is cheaper than DAH, although I don't know I'd get everybody up in time (kids). Adults no problem.

I'm doing a 5 day hopper, I'm hoping to get the FPs we'd like. This has me thinking maybe we can discuss here what FPs can one book in a park, with the tier system? I should look into this now, so I can have an idea in place on the day FPs are booked.
AK: FoP
HS: SDD, TSM, RRC, Star Tours
MK: SDMT, SM, ?
Epcot: FEA, Soarin, TT

I'm hoping for some extended magic hours at least! But, I'm not thinking it likely with the offers for DAH and EMM. Seems to be the venue to go to. I'm still holding off at the moment.

I'm doing a 5 day hopper, I'm hoping to get the FPs we'd like. This has me thinking maybe we can discuss here what FPs can one book in a park, with the tier system? I should look into this now, so I can have an idea in place on the day FPs are booked.

MK has no tiers. The current FP+ tier 1 attractions include the following:

HS: Alien Swirling Saucers, Slinky Dog Dash, and Toy Story Mania
AK: Flight of Passage and Na'vi River Journey
Epcot: Character Spot, Frozen Ever After, IllumiNations, Soarin', and Test Track

You can only select 1 tier 1 and 2 tier 2 attractions in your initial 3 FP+ reservations. Once you have used up the initial 3, you can book a 4th, 5th, 6th, etc tier 1 or tier 2 as you would like.

If you want to hop, tier restrictions are a little different. The tiers are only limited within each park when hopping. For example, say you start in AK with FoP (tier 1) and KS (tier 2). You can log into MDE on your phone after tapping your band at KS and book a tier 1 with your last initial 3 FP+ slot at HS or Epcot regardless of tier. After using this 3rd FP+, you can again book a 4th, 5th, etc regardless of tier.

OK folks...need some advice...here is my current attack plan for our April trip to WDW...would greatly appreciate any feedback you can provide:

Arriving late Friday, April 5th (Staying at the Pop)

Saturday, April 6th
Sleep in
Head to Hollywood Studios with pre-booked FP+ for the afternoon
SciFi Dine In Theater for Dinner
Attend Disney After Hours (9p-12a)

Sunday, April 7th
Sleep in
Head to Epcot with pre-booked FP+ for the afternoon
Via Napoli for Dinner
FEA Dessert Party

Monday, April 8th
Wake up early :-b
Head to Animal Kingdom for EMH and pre-booked FP+ for the morning and afternoon (whatever I can get starting with FOP as the priority)
Tusker House 10:30am
Head to Disney Springs in the afternoon
Void 5pm
Terallina 6:15pm

Tuesday, April 9th
Head to MK with pre-booked FP+ for the morning
Be our Guest Lunch
Head to Epcot for EMH at night for any rides we miss on Sunday if needed

Wednesday, April 10th
Typhoon Lagoon

Head to TBD (MK is the priority, but open to other ideas) with pre-booked FP+ for the evening

Thursday, April 11th
AK
or HS with pre-booked FP+
Garden View Dessert HEA
Magic Kingdom After Hours (10p-1a)

Friday, April 12th
Sleep in
Check out
AK or HS (whichever we didn't do on the 11th) with pre-booked FP+
Fly home at night

So my question is would I be better off moving the Disney Springs Void and Dinner to after the water park on the 10th? The downside is I lose a day of FP+ that can book, but it might be a good way to have a "downtime" day...

The other thing I am struggling with is if I am planning on having two days at Animal Kingdom do I really need to wake up at the crack for EMH on the 8th? My other thought was moving that AK to the 9th and doing MK on the 8th instead.

What would any of you do instead on the night after the water park...I have no idea by the way how much time we will end up spending there...will ultimately be dictated by the weather and crowds...

I know these are first world problems but appreciate everyone's feedback. Trying to balance using all my 60 day FP+ allotment (which is easier to always cancel later) than to not have them and cover all the parks at least twice (this ensures we get whatever headliners we need with FP+)...and also ensure we have as much flexibility to not burn ourselves out and still enjoy the shows and everything else that are at the parks...hence why I booked the after hours where I could.

Thanks!!!

So my question is would I be better off moving the Disney Springs Void and Dinner to after the water park on the 10th? The downside is I lose a day of FP+ that can book, but it might be a good way to have a "downtime" day...

The other thing I am struggling with is if I am planning on having two days at Animal Kingdom do I really need to wake up at the crack for EMH on the 8th? My other thought was moving that AK to the 9th and doing MK on the 8th instead.

What would any of you do instead on the night after the water park...I have no idea by the way how much time we will end up spending there...will ultimately be dictated by the weather and crowds...
How many are in your party? Are any very young children going? Older folks going? Just that may matter with ages and levels of activity, based on the schedule here. After the waterpark, I may head to Disney Springs or golf instead of a park, and reverse your Monday Apr 8 day of AK afterward with going to another park instead of the Springs.

How many are in your party? Are any very young children going? Older folks going? Just that may matter with ages and levels of activity, based on the schedule here. After the waterpark, I may head to Disney Springs or golf instead of a park, and reverse your Monday Apr 8 day of AK afterward with going to another park instead of the Springs.
Thanks! We are four. Kids are 12 and 11. Wife and I are in our 40s. :tongue:

For those booking EMM or DAH, how many park days will you have for your trip? Was that a consideration in going for EMM or DAH? Have you ever done these extras before? Just curious on experience. Looks like EMM is cheaper than DAH, although I don't know I'd get everybody up in time (kids). Adults no problem.

I'm hoping for some extended magic hours at least! But, I'm not thinking it likely with the offers for DAH and EMM. Seems to be the venue to go to. I'm still holding off at the moment.

I'm there April 7-13 and have an AP but am also doing DAH on the 11th at MK, hoping they add dates to AK. DAH will be new to me this trip. I'm still trying to debate how to do my days, so far my plan is and may change during the day while I'm there.

April 7th - arrive at MCO at 6:30pm so no plans but to go to resort

April 8th - MK - CP breakfast at 8:35am and BOG lunch at 2:20pm, FPs I'm planning on booking are 7DMT, HM, BTMR

April 9th - Epcot - no reservations for meals, will eat around the world, FPS I'm planning on are Soarin, SE and probably Nemo just to get the 3rd done and over with so I can try and get TT for my 4th

April 10th - HS - I have 50's booked for 5:05pm for dinner and plan on booking SDD, TOT and RNR for FP.

April 11th - I am going to uber to Vineland outlets to go to The Character Warehouse during the day but not sure if I will go to a park as I have DAH at MK that night and am scared I will not be able to stay awake for the whole night until 1 am if I do to much during the day.

April 12th - I have breakfast booked at 1900 Park Fare at 9:10am, which I might change due to DAH the night before and then am doing AK, I plan on booking FOP, EE and KS as my FPs

April 13th - I have an earlier then normal flight, 1:30pm so no park that day, maybe.

I plan on hopping but not sure when or what park yet, I will see how I feel that day. This will be a solo trip and the first time I will be able to hop since I'm the only one in the family with an AP.

I did post my itinerary previously but have changed it up a bit since. I just wish April would hurry up and get here, lol. I'm also going in September bu haven't really started planning anything for that trip yet.

I wish one didn't have to choose rides from tiers at Epcot and HS. Especially Epcot, the tier one rides are what I mainly want to go ride.
I also have to look through and see what rides are now closed since we were last there in 2017. I know Great Movie Ride :(, I think Stitch, and see also what will be under refurbishment during April. I looked on undercovertourist.com, and it's listing in MK the Liberty Square Riverboat is TBD on a through date for refurbishment, I kind of like that one, but it's fine if not open. And, Tomorrowland Speedway, NOT disappointed I think that ride is horrible and way past it's prime, just nothing about it do I like. It needs to be redone or taken out.
Thanks! We are four. Kids are 12 and 11. Wife and I are in our 40s.
Well it looks like you'll get to every park. I'd like more MK time, but that's just me. My kids like AK a lot, and mine are just about your kids' ages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!