***April 2019***

I am going to be there sometime between April 12-16 with my daughter’s high school band. We are getting 2 days at Disney and 2 at Universal. Right now I don’t have much more information than that other than we will be staying at an offsite hotel. This is driving me crazy because I am a planner.

As of now, all the parks hours for April 12-19 show closing times at 8:30pm or 9pm...any chance the hours will be extended? Since it’s the week before Easter, I thought we would have more time in the parks. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

As of now, all the parks hours for April 12-19 show closing times at 8:30pm or 9pm...any chance the hours will be extended? Since it’s the week before Easter, I thought we would have more time in the parks. Guess we will just have to wait and see.
Yes, nothing new is posted yet, will have to keep checking even up to the last minute. Expected high crowd levels, so quite possibly they'll extend those hours, but we'll see. Right now MK is the latest at 10 p.m. which doesn't seem late to me. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/month/2019-04-01/

This is interesting, see last year's 2018 park hours for the Easter week before and after. Easter was April 1 last year. https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/hours/march18.cfm

The hours usually change for that week. They used to have much later hours that week, but with all the cut backs and increased prices it’s not like it used to be.
I remember 11:00 and 12:00 closing times all that week.... not anymore.

I don't know if they will reach capacity, but it's going to be super super busy the week leading to/including Easter, and maybe slightly less so the week after (but still super super busy). I've been twice during this time, and honestly, one or two level change between parks doesn't really feel very different to me. In my experience, they all feel extremely crowded after 11am.

I wouldn't change my own plans based on a 9 vs 10, or even a 7 or 8 vs 10. I create a plan, get fastpasses and try to get 4th, 5th, etc. same day. I've been pretty successful. I know some don't like to be glued to the phone, but I take ~5 minutes to refresh while the kids get a snack/drink and that allows us to not spend an hour+ in lines or leave. We spend afternoons at the pool or otherwise relaxing and then likely go to a park in the evening, especially if I can get an FP for something they want.

I am also adding in EMM at MK one morning and DAH at HS (if it wasn't happening while we were there we'd do an EMM) to help with getting things done. Others may have different thoughts.
thanks for your input chiisai, you make a very good point.

We have the same exact dates and are also at PORFQ!! I always love trying to find fellow disboarders on my trips!

We fly in early on the 11th . Our trip so far looks like this:

4/11: arrival day. Doing DAH MK that night.
4/12: AK
4/13: DHS. We may add DAH HS this night too then pick a different park during the day, hop over for our dinner plans at Mama Melrose then stay for DAH.
4/14: MK
4/15: Epcot
4/16: no park
4/17: Epcot
4/18: Mk
4/19: AK
4/20: departure day flight is at 8pm. Not sure what we will do yet.

Our dining is all set ( for now ) -just waiting in FP!

We are getting in and leaving a day before you. Already booked DAH for MK and DHS! Just over a month for fastpasses! Can’t wait!

I'm so excited/nervous to book our fast passes!! Is there a fp available for meeting Meet Minnie and Mickey at Adventurer’s Outpost?

100 days! The wife and I will be having our "how much do we want to bring down in gift cards?" discussion soon. Going to go back to the trip from August, 2017 and see how much we put on the CC after, as I know how much we'd brought down.

Just waiting for flights to drop. Right now the cheapest flight back has 2 layovers for a total of 19 hours in Florida. Not taking that one!

100 days! The wife and I will be having our "how much do we want to bring down in gift cards?" discussion soon. Going to go back to the trip from August, 2017 and see how much we put on the CC after, as I know how much we'd brought down.

Just waiting for flights to drop. Right now the cheapest flight back has 2 layovers for a total of 19 hours in Florida. Not taking that one!
19 hour flight including layover? Yikes are you in the U.S.? I would like to change our flight down that has one layover in ATL but can't find one in the price/points we paid and so many are listed as sold out anyway (Southwest). Originally, I booked the same morning the flights were released, then I checked back on the site for a week and the fares dropped so rearranged to the lower fare, and they've never been down again. Our way back we have a direct flight so I like that.

We are getting in and leaving a day before you. Already booked DAH for MK and DHS! Just over a month for fastpasses! Can’t wait!
I'm up in the air on getting DAH. We have a family of four going, now if it were just two of us I likely would. Undecided, but I know not doing it means I have to sit in those lines at TSL and deal with what will likely be a bad rope drop as that's where everyone will be going. Who knows, maybe somehow a FP will show up. Is anyone reading any threads on those booking right now to see if anyone is getting SDD Fastpasses? I am thinking to take a look at the March thread.

19 hour flight including layover? Yikes are you in the U.S.? I would like to change our flight down that has one layover in ATL but can't find one in the price/points we paid and so many are listed as sold out anyway (Southwest). Originally, I booked the same morning the flights were released, then I checked back on the site for a week and the fares dropped so rearranged to the lower fare, and they've never been down again. Our way back we have a direct flight so I like that.

Yep - we fly in and out of JFK. I have no idea why that flight connection even exists. It's like 9 hours in Fort Lauderdale and 10 hours in Jacksonville. Just had to laugh.

If it comes down to it, we can take Frontier out of ISP, but it's not the most convenient airport to get to, the flight time down is bad (flight up is fine), and it's not terrifically cheap for a no-frills airline. Considering I'm getting e-mails about fare sales on JetBlue through 4/10, I should be getting the new e-mails soon.

Yep - we fly in and out of JFK. I have no idea why that flight connection even exists. It's like 9 hours in Fort Lauderdale and 10 hours in Jacksonville. Just had to laugh.

If it comes down to it, we can take Frontier out of ISP, but it's not the most convenient airport to get to, the flight time down is bad (flight up is fine), and it's not terrifically cheap for a no-frills airline. Considering I'm getting e-mails about fare sales on JetBlue through 4/10, I should be getting the new e-mails soon.
Ridiculous layovers. We are DCA or Dulles. DCA is our preferred. ATL seems to be the best bet if we were to choose a layover, it shows up typically as the shortest layover. I at least want my layover in the same direction where I'm headed, south!

I am planning to stay at Riverside on March 30th and then SSR on March 31st-April 3rd with my DVC.

Hi everybody ..mom to 4 kiddos who will be 17,13,6 and 5 heading down for Easter. Apr 18-25 staying at CBR ..

A little nervous about crowds but hopefully with EMM at HS and hopefully they will release EMM @ Mk we can avoid some of the crowds..

And I’ve resigned myself to going back to hotel early with the two littles and letting the big ones stay late.. ordering wine and bath bombs with grocery delivery ha ha

Curious, has anyone looked in their MDE yet at their reservations to confirm if linked, and the FP area on the site? If you are staying on property with 60 day fastpass window selection, are your calendar numbers in FP blue (able to click in and select, versus gray, unable to click in) for 60 days from now? Just curious, I really don't want to click on anything much right now, but yesterday I got our tickets and linked them on MDE.

In the FP link part of the site, it was showing I could make selections for 30 days out from yesterday, and after that the days were grayed. I wonder, even though our stay isn't until April to start with, should the FP part of this system be showing my FP calendar as 60 days out, as we are staying "on site?" I feel like things aren't synching up right in MDE. I bought 5 day park hopper tickets, linked them, but we are staying at SOG so technically that's 60 days for FP, seems like a conflict in the system and it's simply recognizing my ticket and not the resort though the resort is linked. Anyway, just something I'll have to call the help desk on before the real FP window opens up, glad I looked now. I'm just mentioning it in case anyone is wise on how the FP window should look on line even though the 60 day window isn't here yet, and if you're able to see 30 or 60 days out. Thanks.

Oh boy we made our reservations back in August and my tickets are there it shows all my hotel info my dining reservations I’ve made , EMMbut when it says link dining hotel it says reservation not found..
so not technical

QUOTE="jen7233, post: 60120013, member: 87311"]Curious, has anyone looked in their MDE yet at their reservations to confirm if linked, and the FP area on the site? If you are staying on property with 60 day fastpass window selection, are your calendar numbers in FP blue (able to click in and select, versus gray, unable to click in) for 60 days from now? Just curious, I really don't want to click on anything much right now, but yesterday I got our tickets and linked them on MDE.

In the FP link part of the site, it was showing I could make selections for 30 days out from yesterday, and after that the days were grayed. I wonder, even though our stay isn't until April to start with, should the FP part of this system be showing my FP calendar as 60 days out, as we are staying "on site?" I feel like things aren't synching up right in MDE. I bought 5 day park hopper tickets, linked them, but we are staying at SOG so technically that's 60 days for FP, seems like a conflict in the system and it's simply recognizing my ticket and not the resort though the resort is linked. Anyway, just something I'll have to call the help desk on before the real FP window opens up, glad I looked now. I'm just mentioning it in case anyone is wise on how the FP window should look on line even though the 60 day window isn't here yet, and if you're able to see 30 or 60 days out. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Curious, has anyone looked in their MDE yet at their reservations to confirm if linked, and the FP area on the site? If you are staying on property with 60 day fastpass window selection, are your calendar numbers in FP blue (able to click in and select, versus gray, unable to click in) for 60 days from now? Just curious, I really don't want to click on anything much right now, but yesterday I got our tickets and linked them on MDE.

In the FP link part of the site, it was showing I could make selections for 30 days out from yesterday, and after that the days were grayed. I wonder, even though our stay isn't until April to start with, should the FP part of this system be showing my FP calendar as 60 days out, as we are staying "on site?" I feel like things aren't synching up right in MDE. I bought 5 day park hopper tickets, linked them, but we are staying at SOG so technically that's 60 days for FP, seems like a conflict in the system and it's simply recognizing my ticket and not the resort though the resort is linked. Anyway, just something I'll have to call the help desk on before the real FP window opens up, glad I looked now. I'm just mentioning it in case anyone is wise on how the FP window should look on line even though the 60 day window isn't here yet, and if you're able to see 30 or 60 days out. Thanks.

Oh boy we made our reservations back in August and my tickets are there it shows all my hotel info my dining reservations I’ve made , EMMbut when it says link dining hotel it says reservation not found..
so not technical

QUOTE="jen7233, post: 60120013, member: 87311"]Curious, has anyone looked in their MDE yet at their reservations to confirm if linked, and the FP area on the site? If you are staying on property with 60 day fastpass window selection, are your calendar numbers in FP blue (able to click in and select, versus gray, unable to click in) for 60 days from now? Just curious, I really don't want to click on anything much right now, but yesterday I got our tickets and linked them on MDE.

[/QUOTE]

Your extended on-site FP+ access will not show online until 7:00 ET until 60 days prior to your check-in date.

For example if your trip is 4/5 - 4/10, you will be able to log-in at 7:00am on 2/4/18 and book all of your FP+ for the entire trip.

So I'm may have to like change my whole plans if I can't find a flight home. The flight prices for the end of April is astronomical..

our extended on-site FP+ access will not show online until 7:00 ET until 60 days prior to your check-in date.

For example if your trip is 4/5 - 4/10, you will be able to log-in at 7:00am on 2/4/18 and book all of your FP+ for the entire trip.
Oh, OK. That makes sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter