***April 2019***

We're looking at sometime around the 18th-28th. I know it's Easter, but I'm guessing the parks should be emptier by the Tuesday after.

Wanted to potentially do Club Level at the Beach Club, but it looks like the least expensive rooms are already booked? Can this be possible?

This girl!

Haven't booked yet because we don't know how long we will stay, but going for the half marathon. I'll have an AP and we are staying in my friends DVC.

It'll be my first! Everyone I'm going with did it this year.
It was a lot of fun, the pictures I got was amazing. I was coming back from an injury so I took advantage of the character photos and had fun with it. Best race I have ever been involved in. Very organized and the hotels did a great job. Expo was a bit disappointing. Word of advice go to expo on Saturday. That advice worked for me. Is this your 1st ever half marathon run?

It was a lot of fun, the pictures I got was amazing. I was coming back from an injury so I took advantage of the character photos and had fun with it. Best race I have ever been involved in. Very organized and the hotels did a great job. Expo was a bit disappointing. Word of advice go to expo on Saturday. That advice worked for me. Is this your 1st ever half marathon run?
Yep, my first ever. I might do the 10k because I'm just not sure I'll get there in time. I know I SHOULD be able to, but I haven't done anything more than a 5k so I don't know if I want to "reach for the Stars" so to speak.

Yep, my first ever. I might do the 10k because I'm just not sure I'll get there in time. I know I SHOULD be able to, but I haven't done anything more than a 5k so I don't know if I want to "reach for the Stars" so to speak.
You'll do just fine. You have a year to prepare. Imo run a 10k then go and try and look for a easy, flat course half. It will help you. Bit if you want to have just have fun then forget all I said lol. My favorite part was running threw Epcot. All the Cm's from the countries cheer you on. It's so much fun.

Going April 5th -11th for a conference/family vacation. Had no idea star wars half was during that time too. Glad I checked the boards :)

DW, DS16, DS7 and I are booked for April 1-7 at Old Key West. Now I just have to decide between the 5k and the 10k. I was thinking there is no better place to run my first 10k than WDW.

EDIT 9-21-2018
Reservation has changed...still April 1-7 but now at the Boardwalk for the first time. Looking forward to staying in a crescent lake resort for the first time. I hope I don't miss OKW too much!

Last edited:
April 11th-18th! Waiting to book flights soon! JB opens this coming sunday at 2:00, anyone know how far out Spirit opens? they are new to our home airport, and have to keep all options open due to cost!

We’re booked the 19th to the 26th but staying at Shades of Green this time. We have DVC but saving our points for when Star Wars Galaxies Edge opens. We did school vacation week this year and it wasn’t bad but nervous abou this year because the end of the week is Easter. We leave the Friday before Easter so I’m praying it won’t be nuts, am I delusional????

ETA. Well apparently I am delusional because I had the wrong dates, I just changed my hotel reservation for April 12-19. Thank god I checked the school calendar, I had the wrong dates in my head.

Last edited:
April 11th-18th! Waiting to book flights soon! JB opens this coming sunday at 2:00, anyone know how far out Spirit opens? they are new to our home airport, and have to keep all options open due to cost!
Spirit is currently only booking through Feb 13, 2019. Seems they do a rolling 7 months out. But I would do your research before booking with them. They don't have very good reviews. We looked into them because they are new to our local airport too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!