April 17, 2011 on the Dream

Oh! I was so surprised to get an email notification from these boards! :cool1:
So nice to hear from you! Bridget, i did not see your last message until now too!
I miss our chats! Summer was busy, then came fall, and I realized that it would be too hard to wait until end of March for the next vacation...so I convinced my DH to take a trip to Orlando/Miami on Thanksgiving week:cool1:. Since we have a very very tight budget, we had to settle for a deal offered by timeshare reps, but it saves us lots of money! (481 cover 4 nts stay in one bedroom unit, tickets for all to newly opened Legoland, and tax/parking, etc. included). We have free tickets to US (leftover from spring break), and I got one free ticket using Disney rewards for Mickey's X-mas party! :woohoo: I have wanted to see to for years! :worship:
When I sent a FB message to Debbie, she said she would be at MK same day :banana: Hopefully, we will have a chance to meet there :thumbsup2

Wendy - we are booked for 3/29 with X, ours is second to last sailing out of NJ....just wanted to let you know. It would be so great if you could join us! :wizard: We have amazing roll call, the biggest I have seen on CC.

Bridget - email me or post your email, I will try to sent you the picture. I don't know how to post here. Deb, if you know how to post here from FB page, could you please...

Deb - so sad about your job...:sad2: I hope economy would pick up soon and you would get your job back :wizard:

Disney cruises - we have two reservations, but most likely we will have to cancel both - my 20 % income cut combined with increased prices on everything, make it almost impossible to go on another cruise next year....:guilty:

So glad to hear from all!
Keep it going!
Enjoy fall!
Y.

Oh! I was so surprised to get an email notification from these boards! :cool1:
So nice to hear from you! Bridget, i did not see your last message until now too!
I miss our chats! Summer was busy, then came fall, and I realized that it would be too hard to wait until end of March for the next vacation...so I convinced my DH to take a trip to Orlando/Miami on Thanksgiving week:cool1:. Since we have a very very tight budget, we had to settle for a deal offered by timeshare reps, but it saves us lots of money! (481 cover 4 nts stay in one bedroom unit, tickets for all to newly opened Legoland, and tax/parking, etc. included). We have free tickets to US (leftover from spring break), and I got one free ticket using Disney rewards for Mickey's X-mas party! :woohoo: I have wanted to see to for years! :worship:
When I sent a FB message to Debbie, she said she would be at MK same day :banana: Hopefully, we will have a chance to meet there :thumbsup2

Wendy - we are booked for 3/29 with X, ours is second to last sailing out of NJ....just wanted to let you know. It would be so great if you could join us! :wizard: We have amazing roll call, the biggest I have seen on CC.

Bridget - email me or post your email, I will try to sent you the picture. I don't know how to post here. Deb, if you know how to post here from FB page, could you please...

Deb - so sad about your job...:sad2: I hope economy would pick up soon and you would get your job back :wizard:

Disney cruises - we have two reservations, but most likely we will have to cancel both - my 20 % income cut combined with increased prices on everything, make it almost impossible to go on another cruise next year....:guilty:

So glad to hear from all!
Keep it going!
Enjoy fall!
Y.

I was on this thread last night and saw the few posts. Was going to post last night but was really tired! So good to see people posting...again I say I miss our group! I am on the meet thread for the April 1 sailing but it just hasn't taken off yet. There are a few chatters but nothing like this group was...
An update from us...

Connor passed his Black Belt test and I made it through the eight hour test! :rolleyes1 The test was originally scheduled for 8/28 but due to the hurricane it was delayed till 9/25. He is enjoying fifth grade and is applying to a magnet school in our county for middle school - IB middle years programme. I am still unsure if I want him such a demanding middle school program, but they encouraged them to apply and as we learn more he could always pull out...We find out the end of January if he is accepted.
We leave for our Thanksgiving trip in about 35 days. We will be there from the the 18th - 25th. So excited to see Yelena and Katya again!
Deb - still hoping something comes through for you...I would love to see you be able to stay with the April 1st cruise.
Wendy - so glad all worked out with your move. Hope you are enjoying the new house!
Bridget - miss talking to you! send your email or facebook...
I hope they don't shut this thread down yet...it's kind of nice to be back in touch with you all once in a while!
Take care everyone!!
Debbie

The threads only get closed if the posters want them closed, otherwise they stay open for a long time. There are some meets threads on here that have been going on for a few years. Besides, I would be the person that would close the thead and I'm not going to do that. :upsidedow

What date is everyone going to be at MK during T'giving week? We'll be down that week as well, just not sure if we are leaving here Fri. or Sat. before T'giving to drive down.

The threads only get closed if the posters want them closed, otherwise they stay open for a long time. There are some meets threads on here that have been going on for a few years. Besides, I would be the person that would close the thead and I'm not going to do that. :upsidedow

Great to have a moderator on our thread!!! :yay: :woohoo: :goodvibes Glad to hear that this thread will remain active! :cool1: and great to hear from you :thumbsup2

date is everyone going to be at MK during T'giving week? We'll be down that week as well, just not sure if we are leaving here Fri. or Sat. before T'giving to drive down.

We have tickets for Mickey's X-mas party on 11/18. We will be driving...Still did not decide when to leave on 11/17: our usual 7 am or 11 am (second option would allow me to work half day, but would delay our arrival to Disney on 11/18). We will probably drive straight to MK.
Driving back, we will be heading from Miami, most likely leaving on Sat.
Are you going to be in MK too on 11/18? for the party?

Great to have a moderator on our thread!!! :yay: :woohoo: :goodvibes Glad to hear that this thread will remain active! :cool1: and great to hear from you :thumbsup2

We have tickets for Mickey's X-mas party on 11/18. We will be driving...Still did not decide when to leave on 11/17: our usual 7 am or 11 am (second option would allow me to work half day, but would delay our arrival to Disney on 11/18). We will probably drive straight to MK.
Driving back, we will be heading from Miami, most likely leaving on Sat.
Are you going to be in MK too on 11/18? for the party?

:thumbsup2

If we drive down on the 18th we won't get there until very late so no MK or MVMCP for us that day.

Wow!

Hi guys!:)

I was also surprised to get email notifications of posts for this thread.

It seems some of us have the Disney blues and others are congregating for Thanksgiving. (I'm not that jealous.:thumbsup2)

To Wendy and Deb and Yelena, here's hoping things get hoppin' soon! I gotta tell you, we had one of our best summers EVER this year on Cape Cod. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad for the economy as we tend to be the 'free' vacation of last resort (visiting and staying with the grandparents).

And gas prices are starting to drop.:yay: Which means prices will go down.

I'm booked back at AKV for April Vacation again arriving 13April12. And I'm flying out of Hartford again. It almost seems like a re-run of last year except we are flying back on Jetblue and down on Southwest, only doing a 3 day Dream cruise on the 19th instead of a 4 day and bringing a fifth person-my son's 14 year old friend.

I wouldn't be doing this vacation at all except my eldest wants to do Disney Cruise once more before he 'ages' out. We are also visiting Full Sail University while in Orlando to check it out as a possible college. How we are ever gonna afford it, I'll never know. But there it is.

It was a tough end of summer for me as in late July a blood vessel broke in my heart 'causing me to have 2 small heart attacks. So, now I'm on all this blood pressure, cholesterol, aspirin medication even though my blood pressure and cholesterol were fine before the breakage.

It's not the worst thing in the world to be in a cardiologists care from age 46. At least that's what I tell myself.

I'm in the process of transferring my middle son, the one with autism, to a residential school in Boston. Which is causing alot of stressful tears on my part. It's been in the cards for awhile, I just haven't been able to work towards it. Only the idea of my not being there for him pushed me to get this going. It's long overdue.

Other than that I'm doing alot of ebay-ing to afford Christmas and this trip in April. Right now I'm listing more old Halloween costumes, because I still can't believe the pirate costumes sold!

Take care everyone!!! :flower2:

What date is everyone going to be at MK during T'giving week? We'll be down that week as well, just not sure if we are leaving here Fri. or Sat. before T'giving to drive down.

Jill we will all be there 11/18 - 11/25. We are staying at the Polynesian. I have my schedule done, as far as where I will be every day. Maybe we can figure out a da during the week when we will be at the same park and meet up to say HI!

Yelena - I have you all penciled in for the 18th after our 4:30 dinner at Crystal Palace.

Sue - Please take care of yourself!! Connor is followed by a pediatric cardiologist and for a very mild aortic stenosis. Every other year he has a full work up done on his heart - as you said it's not such a bad thing...since he has no restrictions on his activity level and no medications! Good Luck with getting things sorted our with your son! I know how hard that can be. Working in a middle school with students who have emotional disability - the need to move students on to more services, more structure is a tough choice. Just the same as this decision is for you! :hug: We are cruising in April too - a few days earlier than you. We will be on the 4 night Dream April 1 - 5 then in WDW from the 5 - 9! Looking forward to the Dream again and bringing my DH along this time!!

Talk soon!!
Debbie

Debbie I know we'll be at Epcot on Monday for at least part of the day, we have lunch ressies at Rose & Crown. I might see if there are still openings for the Wishes dessert party that night. Otherwise, we'll be back at Epcot Wed., Thur., and Friday. Yes, we are mildly obsessed with Epcot. :cool1: :drinking1 We may go over there late Tues. afternoon before heading to the Swan for dinner and then to the airport to pick up DD.
Now you know our plans for the week.

Barb

ETA: not sure if anyone saw this 2013 Dream/Fantasy flyer that was posted on the 2013 thread on the main boards: http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/DCL/2013DCLItinFlier.pdf
Hopefully the dates and itineraries will stay the same as what is printed.
Happy planning.

Yelena - I have you all penciled in for the 18th after our 4:30 dinner at Crystal Palace.
Talk soon!!
Debbie

I wish I was as organized as you are! but we have just decided to go...I still don't know where we will eat on 11/18. It will depend on our arrival time based on traffic conditions. I so wish we could join you in Crystal Palace :worship: Debbie, i will FB you my cel. phone number.

Sue - nice to hear from you! You are an amazing mother! make sure you have time to take care of yourself and take it easy :hug:

I wish I was as organized as you are! but we have just decided to go...I still don't know where we will eat on 11/18. It will depend on our arrival time based on traffic conditions. I so wish we could join you in Crystal Palace :worship: Debbie, i will FB you my cel. phone number.

Sue - nice to hear from you! You are an amazing mother! make sure you have time to take care of yourself and take it easy :hug:

Yelena - I am Disney obsessed! I need a twelve step program!! :rolleyes1
I have been planning this Disney trip since the summer of 2010!!

Here are our plans...
Fri 11/18 - MK all day w/dinner at 4:30 at Crystal Palace
Sat 11/19 - (AM) AK; (PM) EP dinner at Teppan Edo
Sun 11/20 - (AM) MK; (PM) MK dinner at Whispering Canyon with 20 relatives!
Mon 11/21 - (AM) EP; (PM) AK dinner at Yak & Yeti
Tues 11/22 - (AM) HS; (PM) EP dinner at San Angel Inn or Tutto Italia (trying to decide)
Wed 11/23 - (AM) EP; (PM) MK dinner 1900 Park Fare
Thurs 11/24 - (AM) AK; Sanaa for Thanksgiving dinner
Fri 11/25 - All Day - MK

Debbie

I am insanely jealous of all of you guys going to Disney over Thanksgiving and meeting up!!! But good news. We found out today my husband will be getting a bonus this year and have decided we want to go on a cruise without the kids for the first time! We could probably only do a three day but I was a little hesitant to go on the Dream again. We did not have such a great experience although getting to see you all was the highlight. I still giggle about sitting in the bar with Sue and Yelena and her husband, Vlad! I never got the facebook page for our group could someone please share it with me? I did not ever see the group picture!

Sue I was so sorry to hear about your heart problems. Cheeeze like you needed that huh??? I am so glad you are OK. My good friend works for an actor as a personal assistant and also for years took care of their daughter who is autistic. They transitioned her to a school when she turned 16 and she actually seems really happy there. I was really worried about her but she did amazing. I hope that it works out just as well for you and your son. I cannot imagine how tough that would be. Please know that I am thinking of you.:littleangel:

Yelena I really looked into that Celebrity Cruise but it is just too long for us unfortunately. I am wondering what to do now about my DS and I going alone. I am considering RCCL or the Dream, thinking they must have ironed out the kinks by now, in fact I posted on the board for the first time asking about this. Have you ever been on RCCL? Celebrity looks really nice but does not really have many short trips which is what I would need. Thinking about January...would love to go off season for once because I always have to conform to the kids vacation schedules now.:lovestruc

Debbie I hope Connor gets into the middle school he wants to. Don't worry like you said if you see signs of it being too much for him you can always pull out. Wow he got his black belt, quite a huge accomplishment congrats.:flower3:

Jilljill (Barb? Forgive me if I am wrong) so glad to hear that our thread won't get shut down soon. I started writing again because I missed everyone's chatter and wanted to say goodbye just in case. Thank you for your reassurance that it will not get chopped anytime soon. :cloud9:

I have to live vicariously through you all so I need to hear about your Thanksgiving trips! I have been curious to know about the expansion in the MK which I must confess will always be my favorite, magical place. I remember going there when it first opened and for me it really was pure magic. I still cry every time I enter the gates! Well not the ugly cry or anything! Please please please tell me about your trips when you get back all of you? Take care my friends and be well, write when you can. :hug::hug::hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter