APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for February APH dates. Going for my husbands 50th Birthday. Just the 2 of us, trying to be kids again. Lol
Want a hotel with less children. Any suggestions? Thx

I looked through last year's posts and it appears that rates for January/February time frame weren't released until the beginning of November. Which is frustrating me to no end as I'm trying to plan a trip for mid-January, but at least that is the historical data.

I'm in the same boat! Flight schedules for our dates (February break) came out weeks ago and we tend to fly JetBlue/Southwest (where you have to book the second the schedule is released for the best rate), so we had to book flight and hotel blind, not knowing if there will be any APH rates for our visit that we'll be able to utilize. I'm an over-planner and I hate to gamble, but we don't have much of a choice. ;) So now I'm on the Loews website at least twice a day, checking just in case...

I'm in the same boat! Flight schedules for our dates (February break) came out weeks ago and we tend to fly JetBlue/Southwest (where you have to book the second the schedule is released for the best rate), so we had to book flight and hotel blind, not knowing if there will be any APH rates for our visit that we'll be able to utilize. I'm an over-planner and I hate to gamble, but we don't have much of a choice. ;) So now I'm on the Loews website at least twice a day, checking just in case...

Make sure you are checking the link on the first page of this thread it is so much easier than the Loews website. I have been stressing out wondering if we were going to get APH rates for our trip in mid-December. I have been checking that site several times a day to no avail. This morning, much to my jubilation, the price dropped by $70 per night, saving me over $200 for a 3 night stay! I was on the phone with reservations at 8:00am sharp to get my rate change. I am so glad I was persistent in checking the rates.

Make sure you are checking the link on the first page of this thread it is so much easier than the Loews website. I have been stressing out wondering if we were going to get APH rates for our trip in mid-December. I have been checking that site several times a day to no avail. This morning, much to my jubilation, the price dropped by $70 per night, saving me over $200 for a 3 night stay! I was on the phone with reservations at 8:00am sharp to get my rate change. I am so glad I was persistent in checking the rates.

Thanks! I've been checking both, but I'll add the linked one to my "daily" checking schedule. Sometimes when I plug in random dates (to see how far the APH discounts have been extended), I find an APH rate available on the Loews website but not the linked website (the link on the first page), so I'm not sure I can trust either one by itself. You're right -- persistence pays off! So glad you were able to get a better rate for your December visit. :)

I had a $204 one night reservation at RPR (queen water view) for Dec 20. Was hoping to add a second night, but until yesterday there was no APH for the 21st or later. But yesterday I was able to add the 21st for $229.

I am planning to go in March, and will be purchasing season AP. Can I book the AP rate even if I haven't bought the AP yet? I will buy it in advance if I have to but was hoping to do it once I get there, or upgrade regular tickets to an AP. I assume the AP rates for March (if there are any?) won't be out for a few months as it's only up to Dec 20 or so now, so maybe in January? Hope this makes sense, I tried searching, this thread is so many pages!! From my limited searching it looks like I would save enough on the deluxe resorts to stay there instead of at one of the value types. I hope this makes sense. Thank you!

I am planning to go in March, and will be purchasing season AP. Can I book the AP rate even if I haven't bought the AP yet? I will buy it in advance if I have to but was hoping to do it once I get there, or upgrade regular tickets to an AP. I assume the AP rates for March (if there are any?) won't be out for a few months as it's only up to Dec 20 or so now, so maybe in January? Hope this makes sense, I tried searching, this thread is so many pages!! From my limited searching it looks like I would save enough on the deluxe resorts to stay there instead of at one of the value types. I hope this makes sense. Thank you!

Definitely don’t need the pass to book the room, there at co flirting reports about when exactly you need it. Some say at check-in (I believe the UO site states this), others have said they just needed to show it before check-out. Worst case scenario, go to guest services and purchase it when you arrive before check-in. Depending upon when in March, you could save quite a bit or not a ton, it depends based on school vaca and Easter.

Definitely don’t need the pass to book the room, there at co flirting reports about when exactly you need it. Some say at check-in (I believe the UO site states this), others have said they just needed to show it before check-out. Worst case scenario, go to guest services and purchase it when you arrive before check-in. Depending upon when in March, you could save quite a bit or not a ton, it depends based on school vaca and Easter.

Thanks! Easter is in April this year. We are going on our March break but so far it seems to be a lower time (at least according to Disney for some reason). I'll cross my fingers it's enough to make the higher level hotel worth it (and it's express pass perk). I'll plan to buy when we get there before we check in.

FEBRUARY NOW AVAILABLE! I just booked a Parlor Suite at Portofino Bay for 2/18-22 (APH rate of $629.50/night, down from $854+ yesterday). There are no APH rates at HRH or RPR for those dates, however. I have not checked other dates or looked to see if the APH rates extend further, but if you've been watching for January and February, please check! The rates I saw were listed on BOTH the website linked-to on the first post in this thread, and on the Loews Hotels official page.

Oops - I see @larry47591 beat me to the punchline. I was so excited to post that I neglected to check beforehand. Should we tag @peel? (Guess I just did, LOL). :)

Last edited:
Thank you I just booked, I’m not sure my deal is great, but it is better than what it was a week or so ago when I looked. I’m going to keep looking, I’m going President’s Day Weekend.

Looks like every Hotel but Aventura has passholder rate up to March 8th now

Looks that way, it looks like only Portofino has the lower rooms discounted. I didn’t think my deal was that good, but then I noticed I got a deluxe room for $414, they are $594 without AP discount, well worth getting the AP over regular tickets just for this savings.

Something seems a bit "off" with my dates. I'm looking at Cabana Bay for 1/9-14. With the APH discount, the tower suite is $157. The listing says rooms starting at $116, but the lowest shown is $137. Then when I look at the regular rates, the tower suite is $157.50. Really, a fifty cent discount! I'm wondering if there is a glitch somewhere in the system.

I'm going to keep checking back, but frankly, if those prices hold, I may be re-evaluating staying on-site. This is our first trip with a rental car (we are doing some of the Disney Marathon Weekend races) so we have more options than usual.

I just played around with it, I get in Thursday evening so I was going to use Hilton Points to stay that night and just stay Friday/Saturday at Universal. For kicks I just put in staying all 3 nights and it’s cheaper then staying 2. I had to switch from Portofino to RPR, but we loved RPR last time so that’s not a problem for us.

It pays to play with dates if you’re flexible.

Waiting for April APH rates! If March is already out, late April can’t be far behind

Something seems a bit "off" with my dates. I'm looking at Cabana Bay for 1/9-14. With the APH discount, the tower suite is $157. The listing says rooms starting at $116, but the lowest shown is $137. Then when I look at the regular rates, the tower suite is $157.50. Really, a fifty cent discount! I'm wondering if there is a glitch somewhere in the system.

I'm going to keep checking back, but frankly, if those prices hold, I may be re-evaluating staying on-site. This is our first trip with a rental car (we are doing some of the Disney Marathon Weekend races) so we have more options than usual.

The stay more save more rate for that length of time is always very close to the aph rate. If you compare the seasonal rate to the smsm or aph rate, that's where you'll see the difference. Tower Suite is $210 for seasonal rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter