APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are many rooms available, I’ve seen the ap rates released in order to fill the hotels

Have seen this happen in past July and August

For me, the smsm rate is better than the ap for my dates
But, I do stay longer enough for the best smsm rate

How many nights usually gets you to the best smsm rates?

Just an example: when I price the 8 nights I'm doing over Halloween, this is what I get. The lowest rate is the SMSM rate except RPR which is higher and Hard Rock which only the seasonal rate is available:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180514-093710_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180514-093710_Chrome.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 35
patster734, thanks for the thoughts. Stayed at SF last HHN and didn't miss the express pass. Even the walk from SF was a doable option that we exercised quite frequently when the docks were full with resort guests. I know many will cringe, but we spent less time in the parks on each visit. The new rides just aren't doing it, and you can only ride the favs so many times. Not sure we're ready to drop the AP yet, but the thought has crossed my mind. Thanks again!
I know the feeling. We have an AP but may not go again this year (we easily got our money's worth the past 2 trips with it). Just waiting on that new HP ride...

7 night stay gives the highest discount for when I go in the fall
(September)
Sept 30 is the last date in that season that allows 35% discounts for a 7 night stay
If your stay continues into October then those booked nights are included in that high discount

The seasons with booking number of days are listed on the uo website

7 night stay gives the highest discount for when I go in the fall
(September)
Sept 30 is the last date in that season that allows 35% discounts for a 7 night stay
If your stay continues into October then those booked nights are included in that high discount

The seasons with booking number of days are listed on the uo website

Thanks. My check in date would be Sept 29.

I did want to do a night at some point in there at Royal Pacific for the 2 days of express pass, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just do all the days at Aventura or Cabana Bay for the smsm.

Thanks. My check in date would be Sept 29.

I did want to do a night at some point in there at Royal Pacific for the 2 days of express pass, but now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just do all the days at Aventura or Cabana Bay for the smsm.
The 29th is a Saturday
Highest price for a room that date

So do the stay at rpr Sunday and it will be cheaper

Look at the date rate thread and see what others are paying for their stays

By me starting my stay on that Sunday end of September and meeting the 7 night stay, that smsm rate of 35% carries through for my entire 13 night stay

Friday and Saturday have the higher rates
Sunday through Thursday night have lower rates

Any time now October APH rates, any.......time.......now.......

I'm growing more impatient by the day.

I'm waiting for APH rates in October, too! I found a SMSM rate at RPR for $289/night and booked that hoping that the APH rate (if there is any) will be lower and I can change it over.

Add me in too for October AP rates. I hope my dates go down a bit, the deluxe hotels are pretty pricey.

I'm also kind of wondering if they' will be a September AP appreciation deal again this year.

I am looking for October as well. I am contemplating renewing my pass and if a great rate for October happens I will be doing it!

Offhand it Seems early on for Oct APH rates to be offered already. Going to guess first week in July

Those waiting might want to check out further back in this thread or last year’s date & rate one to get a idea when they came out last year. U tends to follow patterns in that regard

We are going June 19-21 and we finally able to change to Garden View at Portofino. Saved $40/night.
We are going around the same time and saved today too! Added days!

Back to page 42 of this thread, it appears that October APH rates for Cabana Bay and Sapphire Falls showed up in mid-late May, but then all APH rates were mysteriously pulled right before Volcano Bay open, with some discussion that maybe there would be no more APH discounts at all. Thankfully, that didn't happen. :-)

Decided to make a quick June trip before my AP's expire. Was going back and forth between Hard Rock and Portofino as they were about the same price, $315-$330 a night, but today I saw a Garden View 2 Queen at Portofino for $275 a night. Made for an easy decision! Dates are June 14-17

Take a look at the date/rate sticky.
You can see the type of rate a person booked under for their deal.

I booked with the SMSM last year as I wanted to lock in at a rate I could live with.
For the season period I booked for this year, it was at 35% discounted.

I know I won't be able to beat that when the AP rates are released.

Room rates are listed higher now than they were last December for this year.

Suggest you book now and modify your rate when the AP rates are released.
But, you will have to call and make the request to adjust your present rate to the
available AP rate when they are out.

So I booked an APH rate and am now buying the AP. I see the only delivery option is "pickup at ticket window". Do they ask to see your annual pass at check-in? If so that would cause a circular issue in that I wouldn't want to have to go to the ticket window before we'd checked in, gotten rid of our luggage, and gotten our hotel express passes.

As long as you show the ap to the front desk at the hotel, your booking rate is honored

You can do that that night or the next day

Don’t wait to check out day to do so as bills are ran each early morning

So I booked an APH rate and am now buying the AP. I see the only delivery option is "pickup at ticket window". Do they ask to see your annual pass at check-in? If so that would cause a circular issue in that I wouldn't want to have to go to the ticket window before we'd checked in, gotten rid of our luggage, and gotten our hotel express passes.
I just showed them the receipt for the APs when I checked in. Then I went and picked up my passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!