APH Rates Are Currently Available... [UPDATED 07/27/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just seen good APH rates for our dates, the only thing isn’t that we still are not sure if it will be 3 or 4 nights. Is the any reason why I shouldn’t book the 4 just in case, and cancel the last night later if we need to? Will that effect the rate at all?

Last edited:
Is the any reason why I shouldn’t book the 4 just in case, and cancel the last night later if we need to? Will that effect the rate at all?

If you add or remove nights you essentially get a new reservation and will have to pay the rate at the time the change is made. Your best bet is to make two separate reservations, one for 3 and one for 4 nights, and then cancel the one you don't need.

So right now my dates (sept 24 thru 28th) are showing only suites available for APH. Is it possible that will change and they will release other rooms, or should I give up my stalking and find other things to obsess about?

So right now my dates (sept 24 thru 28th) are showing only suites available for APH. Is it possible that will change and they will release other rooms, or should I give up my stalking and find other things to obsess about?

It's still pretty far away so there's no harm in continuing to look. As time goes on and they may add more rooms if they're not reaching occupancy levels that they want. You will probably need to be flexible about which resort. With it being weekdays in late September, I can see your options being pretty good. But with unlimited Express Pass being more and more valuable, I can see those resorts filling quicker than before.

It's still pretty far away so there's no harm in continuing to look. As time goes on and they may add more rooms if they're not reaching occupancy levels that they want. You will probably need to be flexible about which resort. With it being weekdays in late September, I can see your options being pretty good. But with unlimited Express Pass being more and more valuable, I can see those resorts filling quicker than before.

Thanks Roxy! Im not picky about which resort as long as its one of the big 3 (express pass is a must!) But Ill keep checking regularly!

If you add or remove nights you essentially get a new reservation and will have to pay the rate at the time the change is made. Your best bet is to make two separate reservations, one for 3 and one for 4 nights, and then cancel the one you don't need.

Ah, I see. I didn’t realize I’d be essentially re- booking,
So it does make sense to just book both while available. Currently, the pricing is so wonky that with APH rates, booking 4 nights is only $15 more than 3 nights, same room category! At that price, I might just make it 4 nights, and then not worry about getting out of the room early if we only stay 3 nights!

When I booked the aph at sapphire for this summer, if I included the Sat night (the night we land at MCO), the price per night was higher-I'm assuming that meant the APH wasn't available for that night, so it increased the other night pricing. If I took off the Sat night, the other nights were lower. So we decided to stay at the airport when we fly in on Sat night. Get up the next morning, get the rental car, head to Publix,then Universal.

Is it common for APH rates to be based on longer occupancy? At Disney, I've had instances where a resort shows no availability for shorter stays but will show it for longer stays, but no price differences. I didn't see anything noting that a 4 night stay was a SMSM price, but putting in a 4 night stay over Labor day weekend (checking out on Tuesday) gave me $250 per night, while a 3 night stay (checking out Monday) gave me a rate of $300 per night. Both were APH rates (supposedly). This is my first time booking with APH, so very strange!

The price per night shown is the average price per night for the length of your stay. Later on in the checkout process you can get the actual rate details for each individual night. Prices are typically higher on the weekend and especially on holiday weekends. Adding on Monday night gets you past the holiday weekend, and is most likely a much lower rate that Sat/Sun night. So your average price per night goes down.

For example: 8/31-9/4 at PBH for a Bay View 2Q (APH) is 289/289/254/244 at the time of typing this. Average of 269. The same room 8/31-9/3 averages to 277.33 with nightly rates of 289/289/254

SMSM discounted rates do vary by length of stay. I personally haven't seen any of my APH rates vary based on length of stay, and I've checked the rate detail breakdown for the total stay vs each night individually.

Right- that is usually what I would expect. But, the other day when I checked, the TOTAL price for a 4 night stay including tax, with APH for standard was $1030, and the total for a 3 night stay, also standard with APH was $1015. Today I seem to have trouble accessing the pricing at all.

From what I learned last year, and then again this year with the APH, if you see a room you want, book it! Last year we waited for a king suite at RPR, finally got one, then as quick as it came for the APH rate, it was gone. This year too with our suite at Sapphire, after I booked it (king suite with connecting queen), I haven't seen it since.

From what I learned last year, and then again this year with the APH, if you see a room you want, book it! Last year we waited for a king suite at RPR, finally got one, then as quick as it came for the APH rate, it was gone. This year too with our suite at Sapphire, after I booked it (king suite with connecting queen), I haven't seen it since.

You are spot on...I saw the rate I booked a grand total of a few hours...haven't seen it since....checked every day for weeks before and have checked every day since. You have to strike while the iron is hot...you can always cancel, if you need to or book cheaper if it appears.

You are spot on...I saw the rate I booked a grand total of a few hours...haven't seen it since....checked every day for weeks before and have checked every day since. You have to strike while the iron is hot...you can always cancel, if you need to or book cheaper if it appears.
I agree!! The room I currently have booked has not been seen for the past month but if you pay full price, plenty of rooms available.

Compared to last year, almost $60 more per night for the same dates in August at Portofino. Any chance these rates decrease?

Compared to last year, almost $60 more per night for the same dates in August at Portofino. Any chance these rates decrease?

Yeah, I am at $50 more per night, this year....still checking, but down to just a week.

Thanks damo for the link on the first page. I couldn't find anything using the standard UO page. Have both Adventura and RP booked for the end of Sept. Just need to decide if RP is worth the extra $50.

Thanks damo for the link on the first page. I couldn't find anything using the standard UO page. Have both Adventura and RP booked for the end of Sept. Just need to decide if RP is worth the extra $50.

I think it is. The RP includes Express Passes for all guests from the moment of check-in to the full day of checkout. Adventura doesn’t have that. RP has a direct boat to Citywalk, and the walk to Citywalk is short. If Adventura guests want to use a boat, they will need to walk to Sapphire Falls and catch their boat. On the other hand, Adventura’s rooftop bar sounds phenomenal.

Any time now October APH rates, any.......time.......now.......

I'm growing more impatient by the day.

Any time now October APH rates, any.......time.......now.......

I'm growing more impatient by the day.
If there are many rooms available, I’ve seen the ap rates released in order to fill the hotels

Have seen this happen in past July and August

For me, the smsm rate is better than the ap for my dates
But, I do stay longer enough for the best smsm rate

I think it is. The RP includes Express Passes for all guests from the moment of check-in to the full day of checkout. Adventura doesn’t have that. RP has a direct boat to Citywalk, and the walk to Citywalk is short. If Adventura guests want to use a boat, they will need to walk to Sapphire Falls and catch their boat. On the other hand, Adventura’s rooftop bar sounds phenomenal.

patster734, thanks for the thoughts. Stayed at SF last HHN and didn't miss the express pass. Even the walk from SF was a doable option that we exercised quite frequently when the docks were full with resort guests. I know many will cringe, but we spent less time in the parks on each visit. The new rides just aren't doing it, and you can only ride the favs so many times. Not sure we're ready to drop the AP yet, but the thought has crossed my mind. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!