AP renewal

I had Gold APs that expired on April 4th. They do not show up on MDE. I should have about three weeks left on them based on the time they have been closed. I would love to renew them, but I don't know if I can, since I can't see them in MDE. Would Member Services be able to see them?
yes Member services can see them! I was told they see my Platinum AP's and that they can't renew them till the new date is reflected?? I have my Gold AP's sitting waiting and they couldn't help.. but they CAN see my tickets that expired!

Oh my! This does not look good for those AP holders, staying at a Resort, hoping to make Park Reservations. As far as I can see, there is no mention anywhere about giving any preference to those staying at a Resort. This stood out:
"During the limited capacity period, it may be difficult for Annual Passholders to get park reservations to visit on certain dates. To help manage capacity, total reservation days held at one time will be limited".

Remember, this is just about being an annual pass holder only,

When you have a reservation, you are now a resort guest and the type of ticket doesn’t matter in that sense. If people with reservations will be eligible to book length of stay reservations for parks, then even if your ticket is an AP, you will be eligible,

What AP holders won’t be able to do is book park attendance for more than X days in total..but they have always left out days that coincide with reservations foe things like FP limits.

So, I anticipate that to be the case.

ours expired april 11th and we have Gold DVC pass cert sitting in our MDE, we want to renew with the new expiration dates reflected. This waiting game for that and DVC points is very painful. The information keeps changing as the days go and its not hopeful

So, your "certificate" did not renew to an AP on April 12? I ask that because our APs expired on December 18, 2019. Platinum passes. We renewed to the Gold AP and the cm said that it that they expire December 08, 2020. (Of course there will be an extension but why 08 and December 18?) Anyway, on MDE it is a "certificate/voucher"that says it expires 2030.

We have not activated the AP since our trip was canceled. I called and spoke to many CMs and emailed them in April to see if I can just pay the difference and go back to a NEW Gold pass and not renewal. I don't think they understood what I meant.

I don't know when my AP will expire since technically right now it is still just a voucher.

So, your "certificate" did not renew to an AP on April 12? I ask that because our APs expired on December 18, 2019. Platinum passes. We renewed to the Gold AP and the cm said that it that they expire December 08, 2020. (Of course there will be an extension but why 08 and December 18?) Anyway, on MDE it is a "certificate/voucher"that says it expires 2030.

We have not activated the AP since our trip was canceled. I called and spoke to many CMs and emailed them in April to see if I can just pay the difference and go back to a NEW Gold pass and not renewal. I don't think they understood what I meant.

I don't know when my AP will expire since technically right now it is still just a voucher.
The Gold Cert renewal is just sitting in our MDE, we did have Platinum AP's that expired April 11th. My guess is when we get there maybe we can get this resolved and the new dates will be reflected. The communication is so unclear its upsetting.

I can't figure out why I was told not yet, that they didnt have a firm date until it was accepted by the Governor and they couldnt renew my passes yet even though I have the tickets waiting in MDE! THey can see my AP's that expired April 11th and claim they cant help me.

It’s possible when you called the system for APs was still down, It sounds like it went back up for sales sometime today around mid day.

The Gold Cert renewal is just sitting in our MDE, we did have Platinum AP's that expired April 11th. My guess is when we get there maybe we can get this resolved and the new dates will be reflected. The communication is so unclear its upsetting.

It is but I don’t think they have decided yet how to treat the reservation period for APs.

I know it’s frustrating and people think they should be able to decide quickly, but IMO, they did that with the free dining recovery offer and now had to pull it, I think they learned their lesson to make sure they have all their ducks in a row.

They may also be deciding on more options than just partial refund for days closed or extension.

It’s possible when you called the system for APs was still down, It sounds like it went back up for sales sometime today around mid day.
just was on hold with MS for one hour and 45 min. No help on renewing my Platinum passes that expired and the Gold renewal cert in my MDE. He said no can do. Also told again to call back after June 5th regarding our 2019 points, and he also couldnt confirm that they can be reallocated into the reservation I made. he didnt say yes he didnt say no, he had NO CLUE, just kept saying call back June 5th or later. So i sat on hold for that long for no help or no actual information.

I have a feeling that your CM simply said the wrong date, and that I would renew on Dec 18th...once you actually turn in the voucher, you will get that date and can make sure,

I do believe you should be able to upgrade your renewal voucher with a new Gold voucher,

But, the extension will be a minimum of 4 months...actual closure.,so what you have should have a date of around April 18th...later if they give credit for the reservation period,

With the added time to park tickets, I wonder if they will give everyone a 6 month extension.

just was on hold with MS for one hour and 45 min. No help on renewing my Platinum passes that expired and the Gold renewal cert in my MDE. He said no can do. Also told again to call back after June 5th regarding our 2019 points, and he also couldnt confirm that they can be reallocated into the reservation I made. he didnt say yes he didnt say no, he had NO CLUE, just kept saying call back June 5th or later. So i sat on hold for that long for no help or no actual information.

I am so sorry...can it be done online through the website? I have never tried..

Ugg is all I can say.

No help on renewing my Platinum passes that expired and the Gold renewal cert in my MDE.
Sorry, I'm confused.
You have expired platinum passes and the gold renewal certificates in your account?
Once Disney IT gets to adding the lost time to APs, they will change the actual expiration for the platinum pass. The gold renewal certificates won't actually be active until you go to guest services or a ticket counter to have them activated.

Or are these 2 different APs not related?

Sorry, I'm confused.
You have expired platinum passes and the gold renewal certificates in your account?
Once Disney IT gets to adding the lost time to APs, they will change the actual expiration for the platinum pass. The gold renewal certificates won't actually be active until you go to guest services or a ticket counter to have them activated.

Or are these 2 different APs not related?
cant see the expired passes anymore and worried that we will have a hard time renewing. Wanted information on how to renew when the original plan was that we were supppsed to be there in person days before they expire to activate the renewals. With the closure and not being able to do so I wanted to make sure we can still renew and that the date will be reflected... so not seeing it caused me to call in 2x and no one could really explain the process. At least one did say oh we see the expired Aps! So its all been confusing for someone who has never renewed.

I know your frustration. I was in a similar circumstance re: points allocation (I won't even go into the AP aggravation)

I have an August UY. I had a reservation for May 23-29, 2020 using 75- 2019 points, 125-2020 points and 20 one time use points. The CM was able to move my 2019 points to my September reservation and my 2020 points to my March reservation leaving me with 31 2020 points (which I will use to move from AKV to POLY if waitlist comes through.) I also got a refund back to my debit card for the OTU points.

So, I really think that you will be fine and they will help. All the best.

so not seeing it caused me to call in 2x and no one could really explain the process. At least one did say oh we see the expired Aps!

Completely understandable. If I hadn't spent so much time on the phone with m we member services in the past, I would also be worried!

I do know that Disney IT can see everything you've ever done. Every reservation, every ticket, every cancellation, every phone call. If one cast member can't find the information, talk to another. All your information is there.

Last edited:
I know your frustration. I was in a similar circumstance re: points allocation (I won't even go into the AP aggravation)

I have an August UY. I had a reservation for May 23-29, 2020 using 75- 2019 points, 125-2020 points and 20 one time use points. The CM was able to move my 2019 points to my September reservation and my 2020 points to my March reservation leaving me with 31 2020 points (which I will use to move from AKV to POLY if waitlist comes through.) I also got a refund back to my debit card for the OTU points.

So, I really think that you will be fine and they will help. All the best.
wonder why being a JUNE UY that they still wouldnt help move my points and keep telling me to call back after June 5th??? I also made a sept reservation that I want the 2019 points moved into. The lack of consistency on answers and what seems to be policy is all over the place. With DVC as owners we should be given clearer information. Nerve wracking for sure!

on the phone with MS now to renew my daughter's GOLD pass that expired 5/10. This cast member said he did not have access to do anything. Now on hold to talk to a supervisor. I can upgrade mine online, so why can't I upgrade hers on the phone? (she is under 18 and doesn't have a DVC account, so I can't upgrade hers online).

I've asked to speak to a supervisor - they say that's another hour on hold.... 😔

Last edited:
on the phone with MS now to renew my daughter's GOLD pass that expired 5/10. This cast member said he did not have access to do anything. Now on hold to talk to a supervisor. I can upgrade mine online, so why can't I upgrade hers on the phone? (she is under 18 and doesn't have a DVC account, so I can't upgrade hers online).

I've asked to speak to a supervisor - they say that's another hour on hold.... 😔
let us know how you make out!

Never mind - the cast member came back online after about 10 minutes and said he had just received an email that AP sales are open again.
YAY!

yes Member services can see them! I was told they see my Platinum AP's and that they can't renew them till the new date is reflected?? I have my Gold AP's sitting waiting and they couldn't help.. but they CAN see my tickets that expired!
Thanks. I am glad that they are still there and haven't fallen off completely. I will call about renewing them once things open up.

Is July 23rd your expiration date after you factor in the AP extension? My passes "expire" on June 23rd, but based on what I can tell WDW will have been closed for basically 4 months before they reopen in June so I think my passes will auto extent till October 25th or so.
Mine expire July 23rd without the extension. I renewed on Friday with MS and was told the renewal would have the additional days added on to that .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!