AP holders get pass revoked for reselling merchandise

They appear to be looking at ebay sellers and figuring out who they are and then suspending the APs. So, if you honestly buy ten pins to give to your family as gifts, you would not have a problem but if you are selling them on ebay...gotcha.

They appear to be looking at ebay sellers and figuring out who they are and then suspending the APs. So, if you honestly buy ten pins to give to your family as gifts, you would not have a problem but if you are selling them on ebay...gotcha.

Ebay asks if you have a Disney annual pass? News to me

Ebay asks if you have a Disney annual pass? News to me
No, one of the several articles indicated that Disney investigated ebay sellers who were selling a lot of items and determined their identities and then compared those names to the list of AP holders.

Like the OP said, How they gonna catch you?

You really think one of the most powerful media companies in the world doesn't know how to do simple detective work?

People are also stupid and use their real names when reselling stuff, or for their personal shopper social media pages. It's easy enough for an amateur doing some basic searching of ebay and Facebook marketplace listings to match people by name and location. Disneyland has all your personal info on file when you buy an AP.

For example, John P. Smith of Garden Grove, CA is an AP holder. John Smith, with a Facebook location of "Garden Grove, CA" posts 25 Mickey Sipper cups for sale on November 19. Disney sees these listings, searches the AP log for the name John Smith, finds one who lives in Garden Grove, and according to his record, he was in the park on November 18, and he used his AP to get a discount at 25 merchandise locations that day. Disney knows John P. Smith who listed those sipper cups is violating the terms of his AP. Disney revokes John P. Smith's AP. Easy peasy.

Disneyland has a crew of full time CMs whose sole job is combing through social media and internet marketplace listings for people who routinely sell large quantities of Disney parks merchandise. Then, they simply try to determine which ones are AP holders.

I use a friends Ebay if I want to sell (or buy) something. What's the big boss gonna do if my friend doesn't have an AP

No, one of the several articles indicated that Disney investigated ebay sellers who were selling a lot of items and determined their identities and then compared those names to the list of AP holders.
Yep. It's not rocket science...

I cracked up at the person quoted in the article who called Disney "greedy" for not letting her buy up all the merchandise and sell it for a profit, depriving others from buying it at the retail price. Has she never looked up the definition of greedy?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter