AP discount apply to buy-2-get-2 promotion if purchased onsite?

princessekrus

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I am taking the plunge and going to attempt Universal for the first time President's day weekend (our February break week). I am going to buy a Universal Preffered annual pass for me in order to get the AP discount (already booked) at Portofino bay.

My question is:
The current ticket promotion is buy-2days-get-2days free. We will need 3 days of tickets for DH, DD9 and DD12. If I wait to purchase their tickets when we get there - will my AP discount apply to the promotion? I know that I can't purchase them ahead of time with the AP. The savings would be approximately $120, so a nice bonus if it would work.

Thanks so much to anyone!

I don’t think you can get a discount on top of the special “buy 2 day tickets get 2 days free”

To buy park tickets and get the ap discount on them, you need an activated ap

So if I activate the AP first (I assume that means I have to go into the park)? But if I picked up my AP, went into the park, and then came back out and bought my family tickets - that would get me the discount?

they would get discounts on regular price I believe. If it works on the promo. Please post as I will be there that week and interested to know.

So if I activate the AP first (I assume that means I have to go into the park)? But if I picked up my AP, went into the park, and then came back out and bought my family tickets - that would get me the discount?

Yes
Once you enter the park once, your ap is activated

It is then valid for allowed discounts

You can buy tickets at guest services inside or outside the parks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter