Anyone Work For Arise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this on Rip-Off Reports:

Arise does not place you with employers; they provide you an opportunity to train and CERTIFY for a contract. If you do not certify, you do not get to work. Ultimately, it is in the hands of every individual agent to successfully pass the certification... this is why there are no refunds. Just because you pay for a certification course does not mean you pass it... Arise, college or otherwise.

Based on what you have written, it is apparent you do not understand the Arise model. NO Arise Certified Professional is employed by Arise. It is a contracted position... you are essentially self employed. The initial investment is on the Arise site, you do not even have to log in to view it. So my question is if you could not afford to invest in the opportunity, then why did you? It is not like the investment is a big secret... Arise is a business opportunity- not a direct employer.

It sounds like you did not successfully certify; while unfortunate, this is not Arise's fault. It has been my experience that opportunities will increase as the year progresses. I do wish you the best and hope you find an opportunity that will be a good fit.

Hope it helps.

I found this on Rip-Off Reports:

Arise does not place you with employers; they provide you an opportunity to train and CERTIFY for a contract. If you do not certify, you do not get to work. Ultimately, it is in the hands of every individual agent to successfully pass the certification... this is why there are no refunds. Just because you pay for a certification course does not mean you pass it... Arise, college or otherwise.

Based on what you have written, it is apparent you do not understand the Arise model. NO Arise Certified Professional is employed by Arise. It is a contracted position... you are essentially self employed. The initial investment is on the Arise site, you do not even have to log in to view it. So my question is if you could not afford to invest in the opportunity, then why did you? It is not like the investment is a big secret... Arise is a business opportunity- not a direct employer.

It sounds like you did not successfully certify; while unfortunate, this is not Arise's fault. It has been my experience that opportunities will increase as the year progresses. I do wish you the best and hope you find an opportunity that will be a good fit.

Hope it helps.

i have not, nor can i, certify until i obtain the equipment arise requires to work for their contracting companies. apparently, my postings have been misunderstood. the costs of obtaining this equipment is turning out to make working for arise cost prohibitive, at least for me. by the time i find a computer with windows xp (which would need to be refurbished, from the information i've gathered, but still at least $300), install a 2nd phone line, pay for the training, buy a new modem (arise specifically prohibits the brand i have always used, and a new, single line modem is $90), pay for the background check, and etc., i will have spent approximately $700-$800. for some people, including myself, that is a LOT of money to spend to attempt to get a job.
i fully understand arise's business concept, and at this point, all i have invested in arise is the time it took to fill out their application. their workstation requirements are so strict, i'm amazed anyone can qualify to work for them, but i have not given up hope that things will come together for me. thank you for your reply.

Hi Everyone!

I've been working for Arise for the last 3yrs (Circuit City, Sears and Disney) and totally love the freedom that it offers. Yes, there are start up fees but as one poster says you get back within your first paycheck. I'm currently making dining reservation for Disney and loves it. I've said this before this is not a get rich overnight job, you can certainly make money here....this for me is extra income that goes toward my student loan and/or other bills.

I do have a 9-5 job that I do outside the home and with Arise I can set my own hours and the best part work in my pajamas....lol!!

JrZoeLeahMom - on the arise website you have to select hours that are 12-6 or 6-12 shifs, am or pm. Do you know if these are set in gold? Can you work different hours??? I really want to do this, certification is free right now and I already have a laptop with xp on it but would rather be able to work 9-2 or 3, do you think this will be possible??? Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Any updates from current Arise agents? I am through the process up to the ACP class and am waiting on getting a phone line installed. Also waiting to see if I can get a discounted ACP class :)

This week I also got an email with an offer from working solutions, but its for a temporary project.

I don't know what to do!

I'm intrigued by all this - mainly because I'm looking for a new job because I cannot STAND mine! Am I correct in assuming that you become a call agent for whatever companies these groups contract with? What sorts of companies are they?

I heard once on the Dispodcast that some of the Disney travel agents work from home, as Pete has heard a baby crying in the background before. Now THAT would be my dream job!

I just started working for Arise/Disney about 12 days ago but have been with Arise/Carnival for about 6 months. I love it!! I've had so many things come up. I've been sick and had illness all around me but I love the Carnival Clients. I love the people that I work with. I personally didn't put out much money up front. My husband does IT so he knows about computers so we bought one cheap from Amazon with double screens. The money for training is not bad. Most of it comes with a discount to encourage people to service for them. Anyway, if you are thinking about it anyway, give it a try. Some clients do pay as much as $15 per hour. I work under an IBO (Independent Business Owner) and I like it that way. Can't say enough good things about Disney! It's a lot to take in but it is awesome so far!

I just started working for Arise/Disney about 12 days ago but have been with Arise/Carnival for about 6 months. I love it!! I've had so many things come up. I've been sick and had illness all around me but I love the Carnival Clients. I love the people that I work with. I personally didn't put out much money up front. My husband does IT so he knows about computers so we bought one cheap from Amazon with double screens. The money for training is not bad. Most of it comes with a discount to encourage people to service for them. Anyway, if you are thinking about it anyway, give it a try. Some clients do pay as much as $15 per hour. I work under an IBO (Independent Business Owner) and I like it that way. Can't say enough good things about Disney! It's a lot to take in but it is awesome so far!
Did you know your IBO before you started? Do you know any IBOs looking for someone? How much do they take out of your pay for letting you work under them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter