Anyone Work For Arise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

momof1princess

<font color=darkorchid>i feel like i'm going to ex
i applied on their website, but after reading their workstation requirements, i just don't see how it would be financially possible for me. i would need a computer with windows xp (mine runs vista, which isn't supported), a 2nd phone line, a new modem/router (my brand is specially not allowed) and a new telephone. i would also be required to pay for a background check (about $20.00), a training fee ($99.00) and incorporation costs (about $100.00). this could potentially end up costing me $700.00-$800.00. am i overestimating? i REALLY wanted to do this, so i could quit chacha (which doesn't pay squat), but it just seems to be out of reach. i'm ready to cry. :sad1: anyone have any advice or personal experience to share?

Did you do a search? I have read some people here have been successful with it, but like you, I can't put out all that money for the IF.

yes, it is a lot of money to part with initially, especially with having to buy a new computer and modem/router. i'm wondering how long it takes to recoup your initial investment. the website says agents make something like $10-$14 per hour, but chacha claims the same thing, and i'm lucky if i make $2 per hour on there, so i take arise's claim with a grain of salt.

I just read an article on Alpine Access..anyone heard of them? Sounds similar to Arise..people in NM can't apply, but they say you work as an employee, not a contractor, so might work for some.

Hi momof1princess...As you do know I do contract with Arise!
You don't have to incorporate if you choose you can be an independent contractor under another vsc...(virtual service corp)...that's what I do. I didn't have the money to incorporate so I went that route, the one i'm with now takes 10% of my income as their "fee". But to me it was easier than incorporating and less stress.
I too had to buy a new computer which was around $400
My background check I think was $13
ACP101 Course $99 (which at times they do offer free or discounted)
Telephone $50
I can honestly tell you that I made that back in the first month working. You do have to train with a client before you start working for them but as soon as you pass your client certification you are expected to start working! It really has been great for me! Is there anyone else out there that works with arise...I feel like i'm a cheerleader...:cheer2: bahahahaha!

Hi momof1princess...As you do know I do contract with Arise!
You don't have to incorporate if you choose you can be an independent contractor under another vsc...(virtual service corp)...that's what I do. I didn't have the money to incorporate so I went that route, the one i'm with now takes 10% of my income as their "fee". But to me it was easier than incorporating and less stress.
I too had to buy a new computer which was around $400
My background check I think was $13
ACP101 Course $99 (which at times they do offer free or discounted)
Telephone $50
I can honestly tell you that I made that back in the first month working. You do have to train with a client before you start working for them but as soon as you pass your client certification you are expected to start working! It really has been great for me! Is there anyone else out there that works with arise...I feel like i'm a cheerleader...:cheer2: bahahahaha!

thank you! it's great to have you as my cheerleader! i'm SO nervous to put out so much money to get a job, but it does help to know it can be done, and successfully at that! their requirements are so strict, i feel like i could never jump through all the hoops!

I honestly have no idea what Arise is, but usually any "{work from home" company that requires this much investment isn't a good deal. A credit check? Why? Training? A special modem? Incorporation? Also, I know that in my State it costs a lot more than $100 to incorporate and it's a big deal to file the paperwork with the secretary of state.

Maybe you could look into Avon or something that doesn't require all this upfront money.

i got a phone call about a half hour ago (while i was working my crappy, chacha job, lol) from a very nice lady from arise. she asked if i had finished my profile, and is said no, because my computer and modem weren't compatible with their system, and she told me to keep them in mind. i thought follow-up calls were a lost art in today's business world.

I contract thru Arise and have been doing so since December 2009. It is not a scam at all.

First, check into local, small computer companies to see if they can build you a pc for a lot less than the cost of a new one. I was "lucky" enough to still have a 2005 pc with Windows XP on it. I guess it pays not to have the latest and greatest sometimes :rolleyes1

Second, a second phone line would not be necessary if you would be willing to have your main phone line be your work number - it has to be a no frills line -- no voice mail, call waiting, etc. That would work until you made enough to get a phone installed. I live in FLA and paid Verizon $180 for a phone install and its $7/month for the line once installed.

Third, a new phone is not necessary. Depending upon which client you work for would determine what kind of phone you would need. Most phones (just a pad with numbers really) and headset typically run about $80 for a great brand. I have a GN Netcom brand that I've had for nearly 5 years and it works just fine.

The background check is non-negotiable. Arise wants to make sure it's not hiring people who have a habit of stealing identities (you are working with the public and personal info) or credit card numbers (depending upon the client, you will be obtaining that info too).

As far as the training fee ($99) -- it was offered for free just recently. Keep an eye out for half off and free -- Arise always seems to run them.

Each client requires a fee for their training as well, so keep that in mind. Most run from $25 - $150, depending upon the client. Those are sometimes offered at reduced cost as well.

Arise does charge a fee for their service each month too -- it's $19.95 per invoice ($40/month).

The incorporation fee per state will vary -- most you can do online for a nominal fee. Florida was $150, I think. Keep in mind that all of these fees are tax writeoffs and you will be working out of your home so that is a great tax benefit as well. If there is any way for you do be your own Virtual Service Corporation (VCS), that is the best way to go in the long run.

The BEST part of working for Arise is the flexibility -- I make my own schedule each and every week!!!

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have, to the best of my knowledge, of course.

I contract thru Arise and have been doing so since December 2009. It is not a scam at all.

First, check into local, small computer companies to see if they can build you a pc for a lot less than the cost of a new one. I was "lucky" enough to still have a 2005 pc with Windows XP on it. I guess it pays not to have the latest and greatest sometimes :rolleyes1

Second, a second phone line would not be necessary if you would be willing to have your main phone line be your work number - it has to be a no frills line -- no voice mail, call waiting, etc. That would work until you made enough to get a phone installed. I live in FLA and paid Verizon $180 for a phone install and its $7/month for the line once installed.

Third, a new phone is not necessary. Depending upon which client you work for would determine what kind of phone you would need. Most phones (just a pad with numbers really) and headset typically run about $80 for a great brand. I have a GN Netcom brand that I've had for nearly 5 years and it works just fine.

The background check is non-negotiable. Arise wants to make sure it's not hiring people who have a habit of stealing identities (you are working with the public and personal info) or credit card numbers (depending upon the client, you will be obtaining that info too).

As far as the training fee ($99) -- it was offered for free just recently. Keep an eye out for half off and free -- Arise always seems to run them.

Each client requires a fee for their training as well, so keep that in mind. Most run from $25 - $150, depending upon the client. Those are sometimes offered at reduced cost as well.

Arise does charge a fee for their service each month too -- it's $19.95 per invoice ($40/month).

The incorporation fee per state will vary -- most you can do online for a nominal fee. Florida was $150, I think. Keep in mind that all of these fees are tax writeoffs and you will be working out of your home so that is a great tax benefit as well. If there is any way for you do be your own Virtual Service Corporation (VCS), that is the best way to go in the long run.

The BEST part of working for Arise is the flexibility -- I make my own schedule each and every week!!!

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have, to the best of my knowledge, of course.

thanks so much :) i DO have one small bit of good luck on the phone line-my brother is an electrician and could run the 2nd line for me. he's also coming home this weekend, according to my mom, so i've got a few days to try to get myself off the fence! if you have any more tips or advice, i'll gladly take them!

ok, so things aren't ENTIRELY bleak. along with my brother running my 2nd phone line for me (IF he comes home this weekend, which is still a BIG maybe), my mom talked to a good friend of hers today, who manages a thrift store, and she said they get computers in all the time, and she'll keep an eye out for a windows xp machine for me. i got a laptop from them last year, and it's great for what we need it for-for DH to play games on, lol. i'm working my way to getting this done, slowly but surely! lol

Check out LiveOps too. No training fee. There is a background fee.

I have a couple of questions if you don't mind...

...Each client requires a fee for their training as well, so keep that in mind. Most run from $25 - $150, depending upon the client. Those are sometimes offered at reduced cost as well.
Do you typically work for just one client (so only incur one client training fee)?

You lost me here - why is it $19.95 per invoice equal to $40 per month? What is an invoice - one for each client for the month? 2 clients per month so $40? :confused3

What is a Virtual Service Corporation and why is that better than incorporating?

If you feel comfortable sharing, about how many hours do you work a week and about home much do you make?

Thank you!!!!!

There are several other comapies that do the work at home phone jobs besides Arise. Liveops, West, VIP,ACD, Expert planet. I have done most of the others at one point or another. I keep LiveOps and West now on the front burner. I never signed up for Arise because of all the training costs and set up costs.

I'm intrigued by all this - mainly because I'm looking for a new job because I cannot STAND mine! Am I correct in assuming that you become a call agent for whatever companies these groups contract with? What sorts of companies are they?

I heard once on the Dispodcast that some of the Disney travel agents work from home, as Pete has heard a baby crying in the background before. Now THAT would be my dream job!

Check out workplacelikehome.com and wahm.com and similar sites. They have folders for Arise, I think.

I just started with LiveOps, I put in about $150 into getting set up. That includes a 2nd phone line, phone/headset, and background fee. I already had the computer so that wasn't a problem, and while I could incorporate if I wanted to, it's not necessary. The only donw side is you're an independent contractor so you pay your own SS and taxes aren't withheld from your pay.

It slow to start, newbies don't get as many calls routed to them as long-time people, but from what I've heard from other LO agents is once you put in a few months with them, it starts picking up and there is some real money to be made. I'm just working weekends, I already have another full time work-from-home job, but there are a lot of people at LO that use it as their main full time income.

We aren't allowed to discus who our clients are, but it can be anything from people calling in to order products from infomercials to telethons to people ording take-out or delivery from restaurant chains. With LO you start out with infomercials but after awhile you can sign up for other clients that interest you.

i received another call from arise today-this one was a guy, and he wasn't nearly as nice. are they going to call me every other day until i decide one way or another? one more call from a guy like that, and i'm going to tell them to get lost!

Arise has been calling me too. I started the process of working with them but I am building an office in my backyard and want to wait until I get that all done. They were calling be pretty much every other day and I finally told them I would let them know when I was ready and to please stop calling me and they haven't called me since then. The only thing I have left to do is incorporate I have already taken and passed the ACP101 course they require ( I took it when it was half off). He did mention to me that you can get your federal EID# for free on the irs.gov website instead of incorporating so you may ask them about that the next time they call and that might save you more money on start up. I bought a new xp computer from dell small business downgraded to xp for a small fee. I think it was $400 total and its a desktop (just the cpu part because I had an extra monitor already).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter