Anyone want to share their packing list????

heatherly

Earning My Ears
Hey y’all! We leave in 4 days and I’m panicking a bit about packing. Anyone have kind of a “generic” packing list they could share? Im traveling with DH and our 3 kiddos...14,14, and 10 for a Sat-Sat stay at BC. I’ve already thrown our ponchos, park bag, and a few things together but I’d love if a seasoned pro would be willing to share. Thanks!!!

We've used one from disney tourist blog. It's got everything you can think of on it. Have a great trip!!

Hey y’all! We leave in 4 days and I’m panicking a bit about packing. Anyone have kind of a “generic” packing list they could share? Im traveling with DH and our 3 kiddos...14,14, and 10 for a Sat-Sat stay at BC. I’ve already thrown our ponchos, park bag, and a few things together but I’d love if a seasoned pro would be willing to share. Thanks!!!

I pack the same for WDW as I do for any trip whether domestic or international, camping or staying in a luxury hotel.
The best trick is to ensure your wardrobe is colour coordinated. Probably I carry more accessories than actual clothing so it doesn't look as if I'm wearing the same outfits. Accessories like statement jewelry and scarves weigh less/take up less space than clothing so that's a good thing.

Dark bottoms are a must since they show dirt less. Get as wild as you like with tops colours since you'll be changing them daily. Easy wash and go textiles such as cotton are useful and I no longer carry or even use a hotel iron in general. Hang travel mussed items on a hanger in the bathroom and allow steam from the shower to ease any wrinkles out. If ya must follow the latest fashion trend and have pleats/ruffles on everything try to ensure they are made of synthetic fabric that doesn't wrinkle. Adult travelers with tweener/teen girls in their party know what I mean.

For a 7 night/8 day trip I'd pack 4-5 bottoms, 8 tops per person with one set of clothing being "resort dressy". 2-3 bathing suits p/p; you'll enjoy the shared pool at BC/YC bigtime!

An inexpensive dress (like 5 bucks from Target's, LOL) used as a pool coverup and it can also double as street wear if you like. One set of furnishings (AKA underwear) per day. Brassieres get 2 wears before they hit the sink for handwashing. 4 pairs of socks per person. 2 pairs of shoes p/p. A hat for sun protection (OK I travel with 2 but that's just part of my individualistic "look"; drives the man crazed but as I tell him he can always find me- good thing/bad thing;)). A hoodie or cardigan works well when traveling in A/C'd transit and replaces the buy me blankets on planes. Bring all those cheapo ear plugs that come w/ cellphones to plug into airplane systems instead of the Dr Dre/Beatbox bigger sized headphones teens like to drown you out with; something less to care about losing. They still wont be able to hear you but wellllll whatevah.

Disney does well on toiletries. This is what we found in our club level rooms last trip: 3.0 or 3.5 oz bottle of 50 SPF sunscreen, bodywash, mosquito repellent (on request), shower cap, facial and body soap, shampoo and hair conditioner, a vanity set that included a nail file, Q-tips, cotton fiber makeup pad, and I think a cotton ball or 2. All things that I no longer needed to waste space carrying from home. I don't bother any longer with a 1st aid kit for Disney either excepting bringing a small tube of antibiotic cream; all that stuff can be found at park first care centers for free. I've already repacked our toiletry bags and weeded out unnecessary duplicates.
Not sure if vanity cases and sunscreen is available at non club level deluxe. It could be worth it to call and find out from my POV since I don't like over packing stuff.

Rolling clothing works for me as far as wrinkle free and saved space in suitcases for most stuff. Saves money on those I don't really understand the need packing cubes. I recycle dry-cleaning plastic bags to lower wrinkles and also utilise tissue paper. Most of us travel with a carry on spinner (approx 25") although grand nephew did well with a 10"-12" gym bag for a week's travel for last week's trip; kudos to his mother who has obviously been reading my 2-3 week camping clothing packing lists, LOL. Unlike my ex DIL who makes me repack on a regular. Don't bother carrying a dirty clothing bag; Disney has luverly plastic valet bags that they don't care if you take them home in the closet. A well packed week's long dirties will fit in there with ease (keep rolling). Also simplifies life when you get home; gather bags and off to the washing machine you go.

Go to your local big box store and find cool neck/head wraps-towels for less than the Froggie brand advertised on some Disney blogs. Paid 2/$10 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond around Memorial Day. Also sold at HD and Lowe's in the construction aisles. Don't have them or the time to acquire? just dedicate eating to A/Cd restaurants as much as possible. Leave the refillable water containers at home- yer not camping. Disney offers free water at all/most QS restaurants so why carry an extra something?

I'm mean and require children your age (also younger) to haul their own park stuff. Gives a sense of responsibility and knowledge of what's actually needed. Oh I'll customize their backpacks into sheer cuteness but am NOT carrying your binkie/book/Kindle/cellphone, etc for just in case moments. My park bag is an oversized wristlet I had made by a Philly leather artisan that is approx 10" x 6" thus making me the only one to go through the secondary security park check at Disney. It also works as my anytime pocketbook and can be made smaller with an invisible magnetic tab.

HTH and get to packing.

Last edited:

I start my packing list about a month in advance since I'm paranoid I'll forget something. It gives me time to add more items. A few essential items I didn't see anyone else mention:
Sunglasses
Phone/camera charger
Magic bands
Cash and/or credit card
Prescription meds
Tiara

Here are some of the things I write down or else I tend to forget them.

Sunscreen
Flip flops for the pool
Phone charger and any other chargers for devices you are bringing/ power bank if you have them
Magic Bands
Sunglasses/ Case and strap if you use them
Hats
Contacts/ case/ solution if you wear them
Plane tickets
Any Disney gift cards
Razor, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush
Body glide (REALLY helps to prevent chafing)
Chap stick
Hair ties/ headbands/ whatever
Lanyards/pins if the kids do pin trading
Pennies and quarters if they want to get pressed pennies
Excedrin (heat and sun gives DH bad migraines)
Peppermint candy (helps when the kids or I get the inevitable upset stomach at Disney)

Next trip I will probably also bring a travel size bottle of a good conditioner. I have really long hair and with sweating so much, the salt did a number on my hair (plus the chlorine in the pools) and the Disney-provided conditioner in the room didn't work so well.

Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter