Anyone used Rosetta Stone?

1GoldenSun

DIS Veteran
They have a special offer right now-- $189 for lifetime use, unlimited languages.

Has anyone had any experiences--good or bad--with using Rosetta Stone to learn a language?

My kids are using the homeschool version right now - DD11 is doing Japanese, DS 13 is learning German, and DS 15 is learning Spanish. I'm pretty impressed with it - especially the Japanese, since that is the language I don't know and I feel like my daughter is learning SO much.

That’s an incredible deal. I might jump on it.
I’ve used it in the past when it was many hundreds of $$ for a single language. It’s well made and useful. (I’ve taken formal courses in 4 languages and dabbled in others.)

I used the Danish Rosetta Stone before going to Denmark. I didn't become fluent, but I learned enough to get around, read signs, directions and menus and have basic conversations with Danes. I only used it for a month or so before my trip. It’s easy to use.

I might take advantage of that sale. My family is moving to Southern California. I’d like to learn Spanish!

I use Rosetta Stone. It’s fantastic. I’m learning French and German right now. I supplement with Duolingo, but it always feels like RS sequences it’s instruction better so you never feel inundated with new words or grammatical rules.

That is a good deal (although it seems like their lifetime deal is only $10 more regular price)! I wonder how the LifeTime Plus (12 months of coaching) would work out...

That is a good deal (although it seems like their lifetime deal is only $10 more regular price)! I wonder how the LifeTime Plus (12 months of coaching) would work out...
Yeah I thought that was strange, too, that it's usually so cheap. I looked into it years ago and it was super pricy. I wonder if all the free language apps are cutting into their business. I've used Duolingo before with mixed results, which is why I started this thread. I wondered if Rosetta Stone is significantly better than the free apps.

I used the free apps and YouTube for Greek, and I missed the structure of Rosetta Stone, if that helps.

Is it possible for a family living in the same home to share a subscription or do we need to purchase one per person?

One of my nephews used it as a tool to learn French in college; it seemed to do him good. I think it’s a great deal at that price.

Is it possible for a family living in the same home to share a subscription or do we need to purchase one per person?
I just bought it. It’s set up to work for one person at a time, but you can reset it to start fresh after you’ve gone through the lessons for one person. It seems like it would be cumbersome to do that on a regular basis.

They have a special offer right now-- $189 for lifetime use, unlimited languages.

Has anyone had any experiences--good or bad--with using Rosetta Stone to learn a language?
I just got the Lifetime for $179 -- something I've been wanting to do for years. Thanks for the heads up!

I just bought it. It’s set up to work for one person at a time, but you can reset it to start fresh after you’ve gone through the lessons for one person. It seems like it would be cumbersome to do that on a regular basis.
Thanks

For anyone who is considering ordering this, Rakuten (aka ebates) is offering 15% cash back. I don't know about other CB programs. I got tired of trying to keep up with different sites & settled on ebates (Rakuten).

Last edited:
My DSis learned Japanese and Turkish from Rosetta Stone. When she went to Japan, the first night, she and her friend went to Burger King, because they were exhausted from the flight. When the young man brought their food to their table, he told them, "thank you for ordering in Japanese. I'm really tired, and English is hard."

I started to learn Polish, but I think I'll be more motivated when I have a trip finally booked.

If anyone is still on the fence, the $179 deal is still running, and if you buy through Rakuten, they’re giving 10% cash back. They’re usually only 1% cash back there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter