Anyone know if L&M accepts Visa debit cards?

Mark P.

DIS Veteran
Hi,
Anyone know if L&M accepts Visa debit cards for reserving and payments? I think I read that their website is unsecure, and I'd either call them direct, or hopefully find a nice rate on travelocity or orbitz.

Thanks!

I just got back from MCO last week and had a dollar compact booked, and the L&M lady was standing in the walk asking if i needed a car and said she could beat dollars rate, she did by about $5.00 for the five day total, but the car was a daewood nubia? They seem to be very unorganized, when we checked the car in i had to go downstairs and cancel out my contract, which took about 10 extra minutes? so by the time SW searched all of our luggage and we got to gate about 25 minutes before takeoff. Id think i stick with dollar to be safe and get SW credits.

Interesting experience, but, does L&M accept debit cards with the visa or mc logo?

Right before I posted my original question about the accepting Visa debit cards, I emailed L&M asking the same question. It's been 4 days now, and haven't received a reply from them.

I checked their website, and could not find any solid info. there either. I tried calling the TOLL number 3 times, and was prompted to leave a message. Not to mention, as of last Wed., their site isn't secure!

Not too impressed with L&M at this point, and will most likely stick with Dollar.

but the only rental car company I found that does is Budget and they are right at the airport. I didn't both with L&M because I have heard bad things. Check out www.drivebudget.com

I know that Alamo does also. I have used nothing but my debit card with MC logo at National, not sure how it works, but, mine does.

If I may offer a suggestion, I would not put any type of reservation (car, hotel, etc.) on a debit card. I would only use a credit card. I work at a credit union(and I have to process disputes for debit cards) and unless your debit card is tied to a credit card, I would not use it for this purpose. If you have a problem with the reservation or the rental and have to cancel it, and they charge your card for some reason, you are tying up the funds in your checking account, and there could be delays in getting the funds credited back to your account. On the other hand, if you use a credit card and have a problem, and need to file a dispute, those funds are not charged interest while in dispute(and you're not tying up your cash flow). I've seen too many people use their debit cards for hotel and car reservations, and have a fit when they cancel or have a problem, and the funds are not immediately reimbursed to their checking accounts (they may get a credit adjustment, but the funds are always delayed in posting-up to 3 to 5 business days), and they end up bouncing checks, etc, because the funds they thought were there aren't. It gets even worse if you are in dispute, and your own cash is tied up for as much as 30-60 days, especially since there can be significant dollar amounts when you are talking about car rentals, hotels, etc. I personally, from experience, would only use a credit card for this type of transaction. You may not have a problem using your debit card, but that's a big risk you're taking. That's just my opinion (based on my professional experience).

Sheri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter