Anyone here meet their SO at Disney? If not, where did you meet your person who also enjoys Disney?

Squeaksqueakums

Earning My Ears
I know mousemingle exists but it seems pretty lacking especially in my area. I was just wondering if anyone on here met their significant other at the parks and if not where did you find your connection? I live in a smaller town and it's been hard finding people that enjoy the parks like I do. Most dates I've been on I've found they end up not being interested in amusement parks at all and admit they would most likely not go. Having a partner that enjoys these trips is important to me. Not sure where to go to find my people. I'm a 39(f) just wondering if anyone has some good ideas on where to find like minded souls!

I know mousemingle exists but it seems pretty lacking especially in my area. I was just wondering if anyone on here met their significant other at the parks and if not where did you find your connection? I live in a smaller town and it's been hard finding people that enjoy the parks like I do. Most dates I've been on I've found they end up not being interested in amusement parks at all and admit they would most likely not go. Having a partner that enjoys these trips is important to me. Not sure where to go to find my people. I'm a 39(f) just wondering if anyone has some good ideas on where to find like minded souls!

I definitely hear you on this. Meeting people is hard - especially people who appreciate Disney. I mean, it's not that a potential partner has to enjoy everything that I like, but visiting is a big part of what I do with time off - it would be hard if someone were completely disinterested in that. Of course, I often get the side-eye too from people who don't really get the love. I am a 45 year-old male, so some people really think it's odd.

Yes and I do agree my partner doesn't have to love everything I love however visiting all different types of amusement parks is just a part of my life and I really want someone who will be excited to do those trips with me and can share that aspect. I love traveling so I do go other places but I have several parks left on my bucket list and I want to go to them with my person!

Yes and I do agree my partner doesn't have to love everything I love however visiting all different types of amusement parks is just a part of my life and I really want someone who will be excited to do those trips with me and can share that aspect. I love traveling so I do go other places but I have several parks left on my bucket list and I want to go to them with my person!

I get that. I want to visit all of the Disney parks for sure. I have done Anaheim, Orlando, and Tokyo, so far. I do solo trips a lot, and while they are fun, it can get a little old sometimes. To find someone who really shares the love would be great.

My wife and I used to travel solo to different parts of the world,,,now we do most trips to THE WORLD.
BTW we met at a funeral home. lol

I get that. I want to visit all of the Disney parks for sure. I have done Anaheim, Orlando, and Tokyo, so far. I do solo trips a lot, and while they are fun, it can get a little old sometimes. To find someone who really shares the love would be great.
Yes for sure! I have Dollywood, Disneyland Paris and Tokyo on my list too and needing to get back to Cedar point so yea I'd prefer someone to get excited about these trips with!

Yes for sure! I have Dollywood, Disneyland Paris and Tokyo on my list too and needing to get back to Cedar point so yea I'd prefer someone to get excited about these trips with!

You know, I've never been to Dollywood, even though I live in Tennessee. I'm on the other side of the state though so it's not really that close. I hear good things about it though. I always gravitate toward Disney the most, though I do Universal sometimes too, and am not averse to other parks. DL Paris was next on my list, but I was last seriously planning a trip in 2020. I never really got back on it, but I should.

There is another Disney dating site called Meet Upon Main. I’ve never tried it, so I don’t know if it’s any good or not. Could be worth taking a look at though. Good luck!

There is another Disney dating site called Meet Upon Main. I’ve never tried it, so I don’t know if it’s any good or not. Could be worth taking a look at though. Good luck!
Thank you! I did check that one out and honestly I found it difficult to navigate! And not much activity seemed to be going on there. Not sure if others have had better experiences or not. I think overall these sites are great in theory I wish they were getting more traction

40(f) here. I don’t have any good advice but I wanted to say I empathize. I do live in a major city and I have the same issues - I don’t get any traction on any apps. I would not consider myself a “Disney adult” as I don’t dress up or have a house full of merch walls, etc but I have gone since I was little and that is usually where the entire family goes to get together. I have young nieces (and as the childless aunt, the disposable income) and taking the oldest on a Disney cruise is now our annual thing (the other will come too when she’s old enough). It would be nice to be able to have someone for adult time too. The few interactions I have had on the apps don’t understand the theme park love at all and/or don’t understand why I want to spend even some of my vacation time taking my sister’s kids to a theme park. Dating for our age group seems difficult and terrible in general and finding someone who shares a Disney interest on top of that seems even harder. I hope your luck eventually changes!

Thank you! I did check that one out and honestly I found it difficult to navigate! And not much activity seemed to be going on there. Not sure if others have had better experiences or not. I think overall these sites are great in theory I wish they were getting more traction

Is your name based on Kronk talking to the squirrel? I been watching a lot of The Emporer's New Groove recently. 🙂

Last edited:
Haha it is! Good catch :) such an underrated one!

Yeah - it wasn't one that I paid much attention to when it came out, but I ahve come to really like it. It's kind of out-there, but in a good way. "Pull the lever, Kronk!"

I met my DH at our local YMCA. We are just kids who came from completely different worlds. We were married for 10 years (3 kids later) before I drug him kicking and screaming (literally!!) to WDW. I had been several times as a kid but he had no clue. This was 1998. Since then, we have gone every couple of years. Find love first. The rest works out. If I would have made love of a theme park a priority, I wouldn’t have found the man I have today. We have been married for 36 years, have 4 kids, and 5 grandkids who all love Disney. Our story started with a hot and sweaty gym, but it grew with a mouse.

Met my wife in my Navy recruiter's office while doing a 2 week stint between boats. Married her 6 months later, she went off to boot camp in Orlando and I went to my new Sub. We didn't even know if we'd be stationed together. Naive?! It all worked out and once the kids came along, we found our joint love for WDW. Now happily retired with AP/DVC memberships.

Met my now DH on an online dating site. He wasn't a crazy Disney person like me but knew I grew up going to the Parks and loved it.
He surprised me and took me on a trip there a few years after we started dating. He fell in love with it on that trip and well....we got married there 7 years later (after 4 more trips in b/t lol). It's our place and we have our inside jokes and things only we share while there and related to there. I agree with someone up thread....find the love first, the rest should hopefully come.

Good luck! :)

I met my DH at our local YMCA. We are just kids who came from completely different worlds. We were married for 10 years (3 kids later) before I drug him kicking and screaming (literally!!) to WDW. I had been several times as a kid but he had no clue. This was 1998. Since then, we have gone every couple of years. Find love first. The rest works out. If I would have made love of a theme park a priority, I wouldn’t have found the man I have today. We have been married for 36 years, have 4 kids, and 5 grandkids who all love Disney. Our story started with a hot and sweaty gym, but it grew with a mouse.

It's not necessarily that they need to love it as much as I do, but they do need to not be averse to it either. Some people kind of are, and they can get judgmental about it too. That can be hard to avoid in the broader dating pool.

Meet my wife (RIP) at a work industry event. After first date she sent me a video of her singing Part of Your World. She new every Disney song, every movie but being Hawaiian (raised on Oahu) and having a child that hated theme parks had never been.

Finally in 2016 I just booked a trip to WDW and she was hooked (I was already hooked). Her will even specified no funeral, instead she wanted everyone to go to WDW to celebrate what she loved.

My DH and I met on an app in a major metro in 2018. He had only been to Disneyland once as a teen, whereas I grew up going to the parks on both coasts, watched the movies, etc. We vacationed regularly to other, new-to-us destinations, and had the opportunity to celebrate with my DH’s best friend when he proposed to his now-wife at WDW in early 2021. Well, my DH had so much fun that I was able to convince him to buy into DVC after a move to Miami for work (I was going solo, too, while we lived there). Anyway, he knows how much fun I have while there and now he is excited to continue to take our young son there, too, even though Disney vacations weren’t really on his radar previously.

I met my partner on a long defunct online community for anime/gaming/cosplay/fannish geeks that wasn't Disney specific but definitely in the same general zipcode so it was pretty much inevitable she'd share my passion for it. She went a couple of times as a kid, once on a Make a Wish type trip (she has CF), and once with her family. But she's an artist and grew up wanting to be an imagineer, so we are on the same wavelength in a lot of ways wrt to the parks. The only reason she doesn't join me on my solo trips between our longer ones is lacking an AP, but she wants one for our trip this year, so I can't wait. Whenever we do eventually get married, it will almost certainly be on property, even if it's one of the smaller less extravagant options. (We actually talked about Luau Pointe, which is why I'll be a little bitter about the Island Tower forever). On paper we'd be perfect DVC candidates but I like to travel elsewhere too much to lock myself down like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter