Anyone going to watch the royal wedding ?

I thought it was Wednesday. They were doing coverage from Buckingham Palace on the news while I was getting ready for work and traffic was LIGHT. I thought, wow, a lot of people must have stayed home to watch the wedding. Silly me. I will definitely be watching now that I got the date straight. Umh. When is it then?

I'm watching, I watched the others. I want to see it before hearing about it in the media. At least It's on a Saturday morning so I can watch and not have to go to work.

I will DVR it. Bypass the hoopla for the wedding. Weddings are a gal thing I take it!:yay::hyper2:

If she made that up, then it's quite reprehensible, given how Harry's mother died.
I think that is exactly why she is saying the paparazzi forced them into an accident. These deranged half-siblings are coming up with anything to get themselves in the news.

:eek: I hadn't made that connection! :idea: :sad2:

According to Harvey Levin 2 days ago, when he personally spoke to the father, the father said that the half-sister lied about her giving him the idea to take the pics with the paparazzi. He said, it was all and only his idea. She was never involved in any of that.

The father also said he believes what gave him the heart attack was reading the "open letter" that his son, (the half-brother,) wrote to Harry about a week ago, telling him to get out while he can. It upset him greatly.

Here's an excerpt written in the British tabloid, The Sun:

"In an explosive open letter, Meghan's estranged relative slammed the wedding as a "fake fairy tale".

The man who shares a father with the Suits star addressed the 33-year-old royal with: "Dear Prince Harry, It's not to late, Meghan Markle is obviously not the right woman for you.

"As more time passes to your Royal Wedding, it becomes very clear that this is the biggest mistake in royal wedding history.

"I'm confused why you don't see the real Meghan that the whole world now sees.

"Meghan's attempt to act the part of a princess like a below C average Hollywood actress is getting old."

The letter was published in In Touch Weekly after Markle Jr wrote it on April 26, just weeks ahead of his half-sister's big day.

After slamming her relationship he later wrote a new open letter to Meghan at the beginning of May - sharing fond childhood memories and wishing her well for the big day.

The 51-year-old, from Oregon, claimed Meghan abandoned their father Thomas Markle Sr, despite him pouring money into her career when she first started out.

He wrote: "What kind of person starts out by using her own father until he's bankrupt, then forgets about him in Mexico leaving him broke, over mostly all her debts.

"And when it's time to pay him back she forgets her own father like she never knew him."

The lack of a wedding invite for Thomas also appeared to be a sore spot, as he added: "Not to mention, to top it all off, she doesn't invite her own family and instead invites complete strangers to the wedding. Who does that?"

But he added: 'Meghan is still my sister, she is family. So whatever happens is up to her, whether she wants to forget knowing me or the rest of her family, family comes first.'"

You can see the handwritten letter here as well as The Sun article:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6298014/thomas-markle-jrs-letter-prince-harry-royal-wedding/

I think it did naturally upset him very much. The family lunacy came out in public.
screwy.gif
:eek: :headache: And not only did the half-brother disparage Meghan, but he made the the father seem like some bankrupt, deadbeat loser. That gave fuel for the paparazzi to take pics to make the dad look really bad. :stir: I *think* THAT could be what spurred him to make a deal with the paparazzi. Not only to make himself look better, but to show that Meghan doesn't have a deadbeat dad, and maybe, what the half-brother wrote wasn't true at all. :(

TMZ Live aired about an hour ago. I haven't watched it yet. Stay tuned. This circus seems to change by the hour.
I keep hoping the father is not like the half-siblings, but there has to be a real reason Meghan has distanced herself from him. The statement she released to today said she has always "cared for" her father. Not love. I personally "care for" a lot of people. I love my family. Seems a bit weird.

I will not be watching but I hope they will be happy.

I might be hopelessly old fashioned but I think it is in poor taste to have a big blow out ceremony when you have already had a prior wedding with a big ceremony. I have seen photos of Meghan Markle’s first or second wedding. It looked like a destination wedding ceremony, maybe on a beach. Her dress was a strapless white with a rhinestone sash. What I really don’t understand is how the British royal family pretends like they are all about being the expert on manners but get involved in making a huge spectacle of this wedding. It makes me laugh to see them do this and then pretend that it matters which fork you use with which course. A quiet ceremony with the family seems more appropriate.

I will not be watching but I hope they will be happy.

I might be hopelessly old fashioned but I think it is in poor taste to have a big blow out ceremony when you have already had a prior wedding with a big ceremony. I have seen photos of Meghan Markle’s first or second wedding. It looked like a destination wedding ceremony, maybe on a beach. Her dress was a strapless white with a rhinestone sash. What I really don’t understand is how the British royal family pretends like they are all about being the expert on manners but get involved in making a huge spectacle of this wedding. It makes me laugh to see them do this and then pretend that it matters which fork you use with which course. A quiet ceremony with the family seems more appropriate.
I have mixed feelings about it. I'm old fashioned in the same way about second or subsequent weddings. I might roll my eyes a bit when she gets out of the carriage in an elaborate white gown. But it is HIS first wedding. And he is a royal heir. So I'm going to just go with it. ;) I'll keep reminding myself that Diana will be looking down and smiling, and wishing them nothing but the best. Freak show or not. Did I just say that? ;) See? Mixed feelings.

Last edited:
But it IS his first wedding. And he is a royal heir. So I'm going to just go with it. ;)

::yes:: At one time he was third in line to the throne. And she will become a princess, (actually a duchess.) All the media buzz actually helps out the Royal family, as it brings in tourism, her nutcase uninvited relatives, consumerism, the paparazzi & media that have to pay for hotels & food, and keeps people interested in Britain, British goods, & in fairy tales coming true (for a while.)

They seem like a lovely couple - best wishes to them.

But I will not be watching.

Nope.........
My ancestor didn't leave Great Briton in the early 1700's, raise children and grandchildren here in America who fought for the Colonies in the Revolution and the War of 1812, just so I could stay up till all hours of the morning to watch one of their Privileged Class tie the knot with some actress.

I know it sounds callous but after all, I am Grumpy...... :mad:

::yes:: At one time he was third in line to the throne. And she will become a princess, (actually a duchess.) All the media buzz actually helps out the Royal family, as it brings in tourism, her nutcase uninvited relatives, consumerism, the paparazzi & media that have to pay for hotels & food, and keeps people interested in Britain, British goods, & in fairy tales coming true (for a while.)
Bingo. I have a friend who is there right now. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to stop in London en route to somewhere else and bought herself a Harry and Meghan wedding plate at Buckingham Palace. It's major Ka-ching for tourism.

I have mixed feelings about it. I'm old fashioned in the same way about second or subsequent weddings. I might roll my eyes a bit when she gets out of the carriage in an elaborate white gown. But it is HIS first wedding. And he is a royal heir. So I'm going to just go with it. ;) I'll keep reminding myself that Diana will be looking down and smiling, and wishing them nothing but the best. Freak show or not. Did I just say that? ;) See? Mixed feelings.
Harry isn’t the royal heir. He is sixth in line to the throne. He will move up one spot when the Queen dies but will get pushed further and further away by his older brother’s future children and grandkids.

However because of the couples wish for a extended carriage ride after the wedding and 2000 people invited to cheer them inside the walls of the castle on the lawn outside church, the security costs estimates are reportedly higher than for the Cambridge (Actual heir) wedding in 2011.

Harry isn’t the royal heir. He is sixth in line to the throne. He will move up one spot when the Queen dies but will get pushed further and further away by his older brother’s future children and grandkids.

However because of the couples wish for a extended carriage ride after the wedding and 2000 people invited to cheer them inside the walls of the castle on the lawn outside church, the security costs estimates are reportedly higher than for the Cambridge (Actual heir) wedding in 2011.
I didn't say he's the royal heir. I said he is a royal heir. But maybe that's still wrong. Truth is I don't care enough to check. ;)

The statement she released to today said she has always "cared for" her father. Not love. I personally "care for" a lot of people. I love my family. Seems a bit weird.

I noticed that too. Most would say “I love my father”. Her wording is very telling, IMO.

Sad, really, but I hope once they are married, the focus will shift away from her family to the happy couple. I could not imagine living with that kind of media scrutiny, but wish them every happiness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter