• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone ever Written to WDW with a complaint and gotten back Free Passes

No. I think I've only had one major complaint (a leak in my room), and it was taken care of very nicely while I was there.

I did because we only had one towel for three people. They sent me a stock certifcate for 1,000 shares of Disney stock:jester: :jester:

Excuse me?? :eek: A lack of towels earned you approximately $20,000 dollars (depending on the price of the stock at the time). You must be joking.

My sister had a number of problems on her first trip down and wrote a letter regarding them, she was sent 4 one day passes which she still has not used. She got them back in 1998. each time she comes down, she just ends up getting park hoppers.

:jester: :jester: = A joke.

I'm not sure of the reason for the question. Disney tends to be very fair in resolving problems. However, they are also very aware of people who complain to "get" something. Generally, complaints are responded to without actually giving any compensation beyond an apology and a promise to correct the matter.

Why would one expect to be compensated in such a matter?

I saw a post on a email group where someone expected Disney to give her a pass after they told her that she did not qualify for any open positions. :confused: :confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

In 96 we had several problems starting with the airline and going right down to the parks. I contacted the airline and wrote to Disney. I was not expecting anything from either but wanted to let them know of the problems I encountered and how disappointed we were. The airline gave each person in our party a $75 voucher. They made all sorts of changes to our tickets without ever notifying us. It was a total mess when we left, right down to putting a 12yo on a different plane without any adults. It all worked out in the end. Disney offered to send us new 5 day park hopper passes if I sent the receipt for the passes that I had bought. I sent the receipt and received my new passes. The problems weren't earth shattering but they were very annoying and we felt avoidable problems. Don't even recall what most of them were. I would have been happy with acknowledgement and an apology but WDW is all about keeping their customers happy. It's why we go back so often.

On our last trip, we had a hard time saving the money. Honestly it was barely had enough for the trip. Anyways I called Disney and ordered gift certficates , Had already placed three orders for the certificates and a couple orders for the passes and had no problems whatsoever. Anyways the last $300 certificate I had ordered did not show up was a couple weeks late. and I was really getting worried because that was lots of our eating money. Anyways three days before we were scheduled to leave Disney decided to issue a credit to my debit card which was there the next morning. The day before we left We recieved two packages in the mail. The orginal order and an over night order with new certificates. So basically I was sitting there with $300 extra in my checking account and $300 extra of certificates. I called to disney to clear this mess up and they told me the second order was not by mistake it was complimentary for messing up the first order. And they said since I had received the first order take that one too for complimentary. I was surprsed and still expected to be charged for the order again but never was and that was over a year ago.

But thanks to Disney my DD and myself really enjoyed our trip due to the extra $300 in certificates (would not use the money in the checking account in case they charged me again)

Thanks Disney for a wonderful trip

I'm not one to complain or make a fuss. I am more likely to write a letter commending someone for going the extra mile, though.

That being said, I think Disney does do an extraordinary job of trying to make their customers happy. We had a problem with a priority seating for a very large party (20 adults and children) at the character dinner at GF. I never complained, but I did stand in front of the hostess station for over an hour, waiting and occasionally asking about the status of our table.

We were finally seated (an hour and a half late) and had a wonderful meal watching the children enjoy their interaction with Cinderella and friends. By the time we finished eating, the long wait had been completely forgotten. When I asked for the bill, and the server told me they were comping our entire meal, we were amazed and delighted!

It wasn't something we expected or felt entitled to, but it sure did impress us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter