Anyone ever skip waterparks?

tekmom

DIS Veteran
We are a family of 4 and are going for first ever trip in July...I know, HOT....but I am considering skipping waterparks and focusing just on theme parks and hanging by the pool. We tend to do waterparks by us in the summer and figured with our 3 days of nothing to do, perhaps watermice, DTD, or just stay at the AKL pool(it looks so nice). Kids don't care either way. I am afraid of hitting the wall, so to speak. Waterparks tend to wipe us out and I am afraid we would be too tired, sunburned, etc. for a park the next day. Has anyone else ever just skipped the waterparks?? Thanks!

No, we love the water parks!!! We'd be in big trouble with our DS11 if we did. I think Mom and Dad enjoy them as much as he does. I guess we've never noticed that the water parks wore us out, we have so much fun. You can always rest in Castaway Creek... :flower:

I didn't go to a waterpark until the 3rd time I visited the World. And the only reason I went was I found out about swimming with the sharks at TL.

I have no plans to go to the waterparks. We're only there for a week and have a midweek break planned for resting at the resort, for what we're paying we'll take advantage of the pool with waterslide. That will be enough water activity without wearing us out so we have more energy for the parks. We have some of the best waterparks near home so I don't feel bad about not going while on vacation.

Calie

WE had skipped them for a few years,but went again in Nov. Had a great time and found it more relaxing then the parks! :earsboy:

We never really did the water parks at Disney when on vacation before we moved here. There was always so much to do and see that we never had time, and we usually stuck to the hoppers without the plusses. Back when you bought the tickets where you could do everything, but the water parks had to be used by the 7th day, then we did do them and had a blast. Now we have water park annual passes and do them in the summer and the parks when it is cooler and the crowds have thinned out.

We skipped them this last trip...for one reason, the one we wanted to go to was closed for refurbishment or whatever. :( Oh well. AKL has a nice pool none the less. :)

Kirsten

IMHO, the water parks at WDW can't be compared to local water parks. They are terrific.This is Disney after all. If the weather's nice when we're there we always go. It's such a nice change of pace from the parks, kids absolutely love them. Actually feel more relaxed the next day after going.

I have been to WDW every year since I was 11 (with the exception of 2004 due to Hurricane Frances), and have never been to any of them. They all look very exciting, but I just never want to take the time away from the parks, since we only get to go on one Disney vacation a year.

We haven't been to the waterparks in a long time, I think March 2001 was the last time, but I have to say that I miss them! We were there this past June, and it was so hot, but we just did the AKL and GF pool (split our stay, didn't pool hop!) and were happy with that. The reason we stuck to that was that our daughter was 3 months old at the time so we didn't feel that the waterparks would be good for her, since she'd be so limited in what she could do, so we'd basically be in the pool there too, no rides together anyway. Also, we had APs, so we'd have to pay to get in a waterpark, and it didn't seem worth it with an infant. When she's a bit taller though I plan to go back, cause I love the Disney water parks!

We've never done them yet. The resorts always have such nice pools right there available to us that we don't go to the waterparks at all, doesn't even enter our minds to do so.

We havent made it to the water parks as of yet, although we are planning on going to one this next time around.

We skipped the waterparks during our last trip. My son was NOT happy about that. :rolleyes: :sad2:

I plan to do a half day at each waterpark during our next trip. :cool1:

I believe the last time we went to a waterpark was back in 96
this Aug even though we'll be at WDW for 14nights Im thinking of 1/2 days at the parks and 1/2 days at the resort pools (Pop, WL, BCV, BW, Poly)

We ALWAYS skip the two waterparks. Simply too crowded to have anything resembling a good time. And unless you get there w/i a half-hour of opening, no shade whatsoever.

We did River Country way back when & Blizzard Beach several times in '98 & that's it. Often, we are traveling off-season & it needs to be really warm for me to do the Water Parks. Also, we usually have APs & would have to either upgrade to PAP or buy admissions. I haven't really felt it worth it. We loved BB, but still only for a few hours.
This August trip, I'll probably do TL tho, since we've never been there & it will be hot enough for me to go.

I know I'll be in the minority here but I've NEVER been to any of the WDW water parks!! I've just been to busy trying to cram things in the parks! Now that we're DVC members and I know we'll be going back again and again, we're going to take the time and go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter