Anyone else need to be close the HH at OKW in order to stay there?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Anyone here purchase or contemplated purchasing at Old Key West as your home resort for the close to HH house advantage? Or are there any members who won't stay there unless they land a unit close to the HH?

Have never had a problem booking near HH at OKW at 7 months. Have done so during F&W as well as during F&G. Perhaps other times of year are more in demand, though.

It's nice to have the option, but it wouldn't be a a factor when deciding whether to stay at OKW or not. When we stay with guests who aren't familiar with OKW, we book near the HH for their convenience. If it's just us, we prefer the outer areas further away.

We have only stayed there 3, maybe 4 times but no, HH does not factor in to if we do or do not. Our only HH stay was a time we decided to head down a day early and were lucky enough to get an OKW room and it confirmed that we don't care. Might even prefer to not be in the HH category as in that case all the larger villas only have entry to the main bathroom thru the master bedroom. Later buildings were modified and have access thru the laundry room.

Have never had a problem booking near HH at OKW at 7 months. Have done so during F&W as well as during F&G. Perhaps other times of year are more in demand, though.
Thanks for that input. Maybe I am overestimating demand there?

Thanks for that input. Maybe I am overestimating demand there?

One thing with responses on demand is to clarify what room size if it's not mentioned. I'm of the impression that HH category during F&W could be a problem for a studio. It could be done but I don't think it's a slam dunk. Even SSR studios have started to show gaps before 7 months during F&W.

One thing with responses on demand is to clarify what room size if it's not mentioned. I'm of the impression that HH category during F&W could be a problem for a studio. It could be done but I don't think it's a slam dunk. Even SSR studios have started to show gaps before 7 months during F&W.
If I were to book a resort between October-December, I am pretty sure I'll just be at my home resort.

If I were to book a resort between October-December, I am pretty sure I'll just be at my home resort.

It's best to plan on that - I don't think you were overestimating demand at OKW or anywhere during that time for studios. And if something else is open at 7 months that you want to try then bonus!

It's best to plan on that - I don't think you were overestimating demand at OKW or anywhere during that time for studios. And if something else is open at 7 months that you want to try then bonus!
Right. Plan for being at "home" but also take a look at what just might be available.

I wish there was like a calculator that you could input various dates and it actually shows the booking, banking and borrowing dates. It might help out all the newbies.

I wish there was like a calculator that you could input various dates and it actually shows the booking, banking and borrowing dates. It might help out all the newbies.

The member website has those dates. Borrowing only occurs when you make a reservation so no other dates associated with that. Most of the online calculators will list the 11 month and 7 month booking dates. I have always liked this particular one: http://tagrel.com/util/dvcCalculator.php

When we are at OKW and almost always on any trip to Wdw we have a rental car, and we use it. So being at HH makes no difference. If we want to go to the HH we drive up.

You could literally do this for yourself in a notebook or whiteboard or random piece of paper, no app needed.

Write out the UYs, then work out 11 and 7 months before that (and mentally realize that specific date must be figured when you have a travel date in mind).

Write out the baking end dates (putting the start of banking dates complicates things for me; all that’s important is the last day you can bank).

And borrowing is done when you’re booking so that’s not important info to think about separately.

When we are at OKW and almost always on any trip to Wdw we have a rental car, and we use it. So being at HH makes no difference. If we want to go to the HH we drive up.

You could literally do this for yourself in a notebook or whiteboard or random piece of paper, no app needed.

Write out the UYs, then work out 11 and 7 months before that (and mentally realize that specific date must be figured when you have a travel date in mind).

Write out the baking end dates (putting the start of banking dates complicates things for me; all that’s important is the last day you can bank).

And borrowing is done when you’re booking so that’s not important info to think about separately.
Well I got a September use year, it was my second choice behind October.

Well I got a September use year, it was my second choice behind October.

Since you only just put down an offer and aren’t near rofr stage yet, id go ahead and put it all into a notebook anyway. Just in case. Start with September.

Hospitality house
Ie near the main pool, restaurant, checkin desk, etc

Buildings 11 to 14 and 23 to 26. I always preferred Turtle Pond Road myself, nice and quiet. Extra door to the bathroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter