Anyone a Scentsy consultant?

hmdavid

DIS Veteran
A friend recently became a Scentsy consultant and I am thinking of joining her team. Anyone a consultant? I would love to have more information on the company from someone who has been with the company for awhile. I was previously a consultant for Once Upon a Family, so I am familiar with direct sales. TIA! :goodvibes

I have been a Scentsy consultant for 1 1/2 years. It's my second job so I'm not really agressive with my sales right now, but it's a fun product that sells itself. What questions do you have? Feel free to shoot me a PM!

I used to be a consultant until recently. I love the product, but I got tired of the constant selling out of things in the catalog. It's like they are never prepared. The "it's great that we are such a growing company" line got old over the years. It was just too stressful to have to explain that the things I was selling would hopefully still be available when the hostess closed the party. Also, the backorders are crazy. It was a significant issue that they never seemed to solve.

Not a Scentsy rep (mark. rep 5 years now), but I LOVE the product! Recently hosted a Scentsy party and the rewards were amazing. Loving my burners and bars. :) Good luck to you!

I have been selling Scentsy for 3 years now and I love it! The product sells itself. And if I love a product as much as I love Scentsy I might as well sell it. And introduce it to other people!

Every year Scentsy breaks some serious records (exceeding their expectations and blowing the owners out of the water).. and at first scentsy did not want to over create items when bringing new items out. Scentsy as a company thought they were making plenty of that certain warmer ,not realizing they were going to sell out (each warmer is hand crafted from scratch).. and when they did they were sure to contact consultants and be very clear with estimated arrival dates.. and Scentsy has always made it right by sending extra warmers to give to your customers as a thank you for being patient with us. Every time Scentsy brings out new catalogs...especially since last fall/winter they have been sure to be efficient and have plenty of product.

Indianaprincess- the only items that may have sold out were specialty warmers which we were told, may sell out at anytime. And Scentsy always fulfills backorders as quickly as possible. Sorry you left the company.

Hmdavid- I do not think you will be disappointed. Its a great company and a great second income. Good luck to you!

Indianaprincess- the only items that may have sold out were specialty warmers which we were told, may sell out at anytime.

Totally not true. Sorry, but it's not. There were times over the last three years when half of the warmers were on backorder. I just couldn't run a business like that. And I understand that they are a growing company, but they used that line over and over and over and it just got old. I wish all Scentsy consultants the best of luck - I LOVE the product. But everyone considering it should know that the company is always "growing" and never seems to get a handle on inventory needs.

This is an email I dug up straight from corporate before this past Christmas. I was embarrassed to do holiday parties.

The following products are on backorder:

DSW-BAMB (Bamboo Tali)
DSW-DBUD (DoodleBud)
DSW-GRAP (Grapevine)
DSW-JACK (Jack O'Lantern)
DSW-LODG (Lodge)
DSW-LOTU (Lotus)
DSW-PLYM (Plymouth)
DSW-ROMA (Roma)
DSW-RSTR (Rooster)
DSW-SBLK (Satin Black)
DSW-SCRE (Classic Cream)
DSW-SPLU (Scentsy Plum)
DSW-SSGR (Scentsy Green)
DSW-TORI (Torino)
DSW-WEST (Wild West)
PSW-GBLK (Groovy Black Plug-In)
PSW-GBRN (Groovy Brown Plug-In)

Thanks for all of the info everyone! I am still considering it but the market seems to be pretty saturated where I live with Scentsy consultants.

I don't sell Scentsy, I actually sell ThirtyOne, which I love... but I do have a friend that sells Scentsy. I recently went to her open house, and just being in direct sales myself, here's what I was thinking when I was looking thru the catalog.... (can't speak to inventories issues, shipping issues, etc) IF I were to host a party, JUST HOW MANY WARMERS CAN I POSSIBLY HAVE IN MY HOME???? I could imagine having a $500 party or higher. YES, it would be great for gifts, (free & half price is always my preferred way to shop!!) But seriously, if you're looking for repeat hostesses, is it really going to happen? Again, how many warmers can you possibly have? Granted maybe people would re-book just to get new scent bars, but that seemed like a big problem for me. And I did not book a party, just bought what I wanted and that was that! I do know I can call anytime for new scents if I need them, but what I purchased will take me thru several months. Just something to consider.

I started at the beginning of August. I love it, it does sell itself and I have alot of repeat customers already, they love what they got and are having parties to introduce it to friends who want to check it out, I haven't had a party below $450.00 yet and I've already met the goals that I could have by now. I have a warmer in about every room in my home. I also like to switch them out to different ones. Like right now I have a Halloween one in my kitchen. It's worth a try for the small investment to start it up. good luck if you decide to sell it.

I started at the beginning of August. I love it, it does sell itself and I have alot of repeat customers already, they love what they got and are having parties to introduce it to friends who want to check it out, I haven't had a party below $450.00 yet and I've already met the goals that I could have by now. I have a warmer in about every room in my home. I also like to switch them out to different ones. Like right now I have a Halloween one in my kitchen. It's worth a try for the small investment to start it up. good luck if you decide to sell it.

Thanks... what part of Iowa are you in? I am from there originally and my friend who sells is still there.

Just another quip- the party I hosted was a $450 party, with only 10 guests. I got lots of free and half-price goodies, and although I haven't hosted again, I have ordered a few more warmer/wax sets as gifts. But my rep is great, very helpful, and I've never had anything backordered. :)

PS I also love Gold Canyon candles, mentioned above.

I don't sell Scentsy, I actually sell ThirtyOne, which I love... but I do have a friend that sells Scentsy. I recently went to her open house, and just being in direct sales myself, here's what I was thinking when I was looking thru the catalog.... (can't speak to inventories issues, shipping issues, etc) IF I were to host a party, JUST HOW MANY WARMERS CAN I POSSIBLY HAVE IN MY HOME???? I could imagine having a $500 party or higher. YES, it would be great for gifts, (free & half price is always my preferred way to shop!!) But seriously, if you're looking for repeat hostesses, is it really going to happen? Again, how many warmers can you possibly have? Granted maybe people would re-book just to get new scent bars, but that seemed like a big problem for me. And I did not book a party, just bought what I wanted and that was that! I do know I can call anytime for new scents if I need them, but what I purchased will take me thru several months. Just something to consider.

That was my thought too when I looked into Scentsy. I LOVE the products, but the bars are fairly inexpensive, I buy myself one or two as a treat every month or two. I have two warmers--one in my living room and a plug in in the kitchen, and maybe would like another plug in but that's not enough to make me want to have a party.

I'm guessing it helps that people are constantly re-ordering bars? They do get used up pretty quickly, so when people run out they buy more.

I used to be a consultant until recently. I love the product, but I got tired of the constant selling out of things in the catalog. It's like they are never prepared. The "it's great that we are such a growing company" line got old over the years. It was just too stressful to have to explain that the things I was selling would hopefully still be available when the hostess closed the party. Also, the backorders are crazy. It was a significant issue that they never seemed to solve.

My son's best friends mom sold Scentsy but got out for the same reasons. Great product, never could get it in a timely fashion for customers.

I am a Scentsy consultant but it is very much on the side burner. I just don't have it in me to constantly bug people about hosting parties or purchasing. I hate when my friends do it to me so I don't want to do it to them. Now that I have a LO I would also much rather spend my time with her and DH than be off doing parties, vendor shows and deliveries all the time. I do love the product and it did sell itself for awhile. Now that there are a lot more consultants in my area and similar products are available less expensively at walmart it is is a harder sell.

I never had much of a problem with back orders except with a few delayed items around the holidays (delayed by a few days at most). Holiday warmers do sell out quickly but that is very well known and publicized.

I've been a Scentsy consultant for almost a year and I LOVE it! I'm a full time student and I homeschool my son so it works perfectly for my schedule(plus it is paying for DISNEY!) The product does sell itself. I can put in minimal effort and still get big results.

As for the question about how many warmers you can have... Scentsy has much more than just the wax and warmers. I can always find a use for scent circles, room sprays-great when using a gas station bathroom- as well as the scent paks for gym bags, cars, etc. Scentsy also has the Layers bath and body products and if you or your customers are anything like me, you can NEVER have enough smelly good bath items. I am always buying up the hand soap and lotions. I'm now in love with the sunblock and have no problem selling that!

Maybe I have been very lucky, but I have not had any of the problems with the backordering. I can put an order in and have everything within the week. I feel pretty spoiled by the company in that regard actually. Even at Christmas, I was getting packages in a few days time.

Oh, and I also started selling the Velata chocolates as well. Not sure how I feel about that product yet, but I definitely love the Scentsy products.

I have been a consultant now for over a year. I signed up to sell it since I just fell in love with the scents and the long burn time. I don't put a lot of effort into selling since I mainly do it for some extra spending money. The scents are amazing and long lasting!

I also sell 31 which is nice too since their products are really well made and once you buy a 31 bag, you tend to buy more:)

I'm also a thirty one consultant. I was torn between Scentsy and thirty one. As mentioned above to me it was just how many warmers do I really need? Now bags, wallets, purses was a different story. I love all the thirty one line and new patterns and products always coming out. It's a personal choice but thirty one was a no brainer for me.

My little sister has been selling it for just over a year. It is a side job in addition to having one full time job and one part time job. She sold enough last year to earn an all expenses paid trip for two to Hawaii. She and her husband leave next week. :goodvibes She now has her own Scentsy team. It seems to be working out well for her.

My dil is.......
I'm allergic!! She has given me birthday/xmas gifts of the burners, I can't use them. :confused3 dil gave me the dryer thing too.......I washed my cats blanket and used it, the cat kept sneezing!! I had to rewash her blanket. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest