Any way to extend on board discount past 24 months?

Mom & Popcorn

Earning My Ears
Hello. We cruised last year and paid the deposit for a discount on our next cruise but have not booked anything to this point. Ideally with our future general schedules we would like to take our next cruise that would be 1-2 months past the 24 month window. Does anyone know if the sail by date is set in stone or could there be some wiggle room? Thanks.

No wiggle room. People have reported not being able to get an exception when they were missing the 24 month mark by days, so doubt there would be any way they would extend it by months. Sorry.

Me, me.... I missed by days and nope, they wouldn't give it to me.
I thought, well maybe since I'm a platinum cruiser they will let it slip by, nope, no way, no how.

As I understand it though, your deposit for a placeholder will be returned to you if unused.

It could be worse. A few years ago they changed it to 18 months. We were one of the families bitten by that. We had another cruise within 24 months of the one we were on, but not 18 months so we did not book on board (so no discount). Then they changed it back before our next cruise! Ugghhh!!!!

The two-year window is strictly enforced, and as pointed out before, it is much more generous than the original 18-months. If DCL started giving exceptions, even for a day, where would it end? At least, you get a refund of the original deposit amount.

The two-year window is strictly enforced, and as pointed out before, it is much more generous than the original 18-months. If DCL started giving exceptions, even for a day, where would it end? At least, you get a refund of the original deposit amount.
18 months was not the "original". When we first rebooked onboard, there was no time limit for taking the cruise. And you had different benefits depending on your Castaway Club level.

18 months was not the "original". When we first rebooked onboard, there was no time limit for taking the cruise. And you had different benefits depending on your Castaway Club level.

This is correct. OBB has been through a few iterations from "original." With regards to the window for use -- there didn't used to be official "placeholder" bookings; an OBB was open-ended, and people would book a "dummy" cruise then just keep pushing that out to a future date. DCL then instituted the "placeholders" which negated the need for dummy bookings, and initially instituted an 18-month window for use of the placeholder. The placeholder window was then extended to 24 months maybe a couple of years ago.

But the answer remains... the 24-month window is non-negotiable and strictly enforced. Right down to the day, which is why it is often recommended to book a placeholder late in your cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

I was purely talking about placeholders (officially named as such with a set $200 [now $250] deposit), and not the original "placeholder" or dummy reservations to make use of the onboard booking benefits for when you did not know when exactly you wanted to sail or the itineraries had not been released.

Last year I cancelled my place holder

However about a month after I said is there anyway of getting my place holder back and after speaking to a supervisor they did and I noticed the dates on the place holder was another two years on it from the day I spoke to the supervisor. So got an extra year or so on it

Don’t think that happens often though

However about a month after I said is there anyway of getting my place holder back and after speaking to a supervisor they did and I noticed the dates on the place holder was another two years on it from the day I spoke to the supervisor. So got an extra year or so on it

pixiedust:

You were most definitely pixie-dusted.

WOW!
Good for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter