• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any thoughts/experiences with Avis rental cars?

Mom B

DIS Veteran
We just booked flights on Delta from Minneapolis to Orlando (10/26 to 11/3) for $185!!! My sister-in-law, the lucky dog, saw the rates drop first and got theirs for $137.50! Woohoo! Just what we'd been waiting for. Of course, today they're back up to $277.

We also booked cars with Avis through the Delta discount connection, as they beat any prices we'd seen so far (we're splurging on a Cadillac and 2 convertibles for our group of 11). I haven't noticed any comments on Avis rentals from anyone yet. Does anyone have any experiences to relate, good or bad?:)

I really like Avis, we have used them twice before and both experiences were excellent. No hassle, easy out and in.
We are using them again this Sept (thanks to a great bid on Priceline) and I know I will be very happy with the car.

Hello Mom B- We used them in Feb., they were the best price. We used a questionable rate code that we found on the Dis Boards that saved us a good deal of money. If you haven't already signed up for your Avis Wizard #, you should before you go. Just for signing up you get an E-coupon that is good for up to 25.00 off of a 5 day rental. You just have to print out the coupon and bring it with you. They will honor it along with any other discounts you might have. Their service was great. under 5 minutes at the counter, offered upgrade because reserved car size wasn't available without asking if we wanted to first pay for an upgrade. and car return went just as quickly.

I have a luxury car booked for next month with Avis. Hopefully I'll get a Cadillac (I've used National in the past, and they like to give Buick Park Avenues as luxury cars!). I'll be posting a report when I return! ;)

We also booked a luxury car with Avis for 9 days in August (I'm
hoping for the Cadillac too!!) using the questionable code mark was talking about. I contacted Avis about this code, and they called me backed and confirmed I will get my excellent rate as it was booked online in the beginning of March. My husband travels often and has used Avis many times. We also like dollar at MCO.

RobinLyn :D

RobinLyn, I'll try to scope out the lot to see if there are any other luxury cars than Cadillacs. :) I was really disappointed on my New Year's trip when all National had was Park Avenues (the attendent said that we'd probably be waiting for hours if we chose to wait for a Cadillac - tried to get him to let us take a Buick Rendevous from the "minivan" aisle, but wouldn't budge on anything other than those two high-mileage Park Avenues - ours had 25,000+ miles on it, the other had a little under 30,000).

Hey, thanks for the wonderful feedback, everyone! I'm feeling really good about my decisions. Looking forward to a great trip! Thanks again.;)

"Thanks Cali-D!" I will be looking for your post when you return. I can see you right now pulling out of the parking lot in that shinny new Cadillac!! Have a wonderful time!

RobinLyn ;)

Originally posted by RobinLyn
"Thanks Cali-D!" I will be looking for your post when you return. I can see you right now pulling out of the parking lot in that shinny new Cadillac!! Have a wonderful time!

RobinLyn ;)

You better be right! ;) LOVE pulling up to the Grand Floridian in a Cadillac (or Lincoln)! :) Just wish Budget would have had a Full-Size SUV available (those are what I really LOVE!). I really hope to get the "Cabernet" color Deville, and brand new!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter