Any realtors or those with houses on the market?

MommyinHonduras

DIS Veteran
What is the current protocols in place when showing a house that is lived in during this pandemic? I know surfaces are not as much of a concern but its just seems extra weird to have strangers walking around your home during this season. Thanks!

What is the current protocols in place when showing a house that is lived in during this pandemic? I know surfaces are not as much of a concern but its just seems extra weird to have strangers walking around your home during this season. Thanks!
I can tell you my DD and her DH bought a house in May in Washington DC. Masks were required. At that time they were not doing open houses, a realtor and 1 small group at a time were allowed to tour a house. We are looking to move to N. Virginia and I see open houses listed on some homes for sale.

Zoom tours are standard here right now with an in-person viewing arranged if a buyer is really serious. Weekend open houses have been suspended since March.

I don’t fit into either category, but around here the realtors were focusing on virtual tours. I don’t know if that has changed now that things have loosened up a bit.

I have not seen any open house signs though. But that could be because the houses I see with a “For Sale” sign seem to have an “Under Contract” sign added within two or three weeks, so they may not need to/have time to get an open house set up.

Most houses for sale around me are viewing by appointment only. I have seen a few have open houses but they seem to only be letting one group in at a time, first come first serve.

I think it depends on where the house is and which phase the state is in. Here you can now have tours but with restrictions on how many people can go in the house at a time with the realtor. At closing only the people who will be signing the contract is allowed in and seller and buyer are not allowed in at the same time.

Thank you for your replies. We have been renting a friends house that is on the market, Due to covid there has been no showings. Just got a text they want to show it this week for the first time since beginning of March. It just seems strange, as I know it's people who do not live here locally and are visiting. We will walk around the neighborhood while they look since we can not leave our neighborhood due to the regulations for us.

Actually we just sold our house 2 weeks ago. They’ve stopped doing open house here a few years ago. But like most have said just one group at a time We had 26 showings in 4 days with 3 offers we had no issues at all buying our new condo and selling our house.

Depends on your laws.

In CA, viewing is by appointment only with 30 minute time slots mostly. Masks and hand sanitizers of course, gloves and booties can be required (provided by the listing agent). And only up to 2 adults mostly.

Thank you for your replies. We have been renting a friends house that is on the market, Due to covid there has been no showings. Just got a text they want to show it this week for the first time since beginning of March. It just seems strange, as I know it's people who do not live here locally and are visiting. We will walk around the neighborhood while they look since we can not leave our neighborhood due to the regulations for us.
If the area still has strict covid regulations, hopefully the agent will wear gloves. I have seen recommendations to turn on all the lights and open closet doors before you leave so there would be less touching, but that may seem weird with your possessions on display.

Depends on your laws.

In CA, viewing is by appointment only with 30 minute time slots mostly. Masks and hand sanitizers of course, gloves and booties can be required (provided by the listing agent). And only up to 2 adults mostly.
My Realtor friends here in California are always posting on Facebook that they are on the look out for hand sanitizer, gloves and clorox wipes, so that makes sense.

I don’t fit into either category, but around here the realtors were focusing on virtual tours. I don’t know if that has changed now that things have loosened up a bit.

I have not seen any open house signs though. But that could be because the houses I see with a “For Sale” sign seem to have an “Under Contract” sign added within two or three weeks, so they may not need to/have time to get an open house set up.

My DD is a realtor. In her city, open houses are allowed but aren’t happening often mostly because of the sellers market we’re in. She’s had several cancelled because a house went under contract before the open house.Thanks to the low interest rates, well located well priced houses are selling in days. She can honestly tell her buyers, “if you like it, we need to make an offer today.”

Our realtor did a video tour and professional photos and requested masks be worn. When we returned post showing we sanitized all commonly touched surfaces, light switches and door knobs and caninet pulls. The house sold remarkably fast and we all stayed healthy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter