Any opinions - Alamo or National at LAX?

We rented from Alamo. The shuttle for Alamo and National are the same from LAX. They share a similar area.
Alamo was easy and had a play area for the kids.
I would say go with the cheapest.. as the are right next to each other.
We had a nice car It was a mid-size. It was a pontiac (not sure the year but it was fairly new if not new) and I and the two kids with one of the rented car seats fit fine into the back.

If there is a good price on National for a mid-size you can use their "Emerald Aisle" program. It is a good deal, you don't have to wait in line at all and you can pick any car in the designated aisle. In WDW last summer we got a really nice, high end SUV for the price of a mid-size (great because we had it for over a week). To use the program you have to belong to the Emerald Club which usually costs some $. It appears to be free on their website just now. :Pinkbounc

We have rented at both National and Alamo (I believe they might be owned by the same company) and been happy with both. :flower:

ZeusNike said:
If there is a good price on National for a mid-size you can use their "Emerald Aisle" program. It is a good deal, you don't have to wait in line at all and you can pick any car in the designated aisle. In WDW last summer we got a really nice, high end SUV for the price of a mid-size (great because we had it for over a week). To use the program you have to belong to the Emerald Club which usually costs some $. It appears to be free on their website just now. :Pinkbounc

We have rented at both National and Alamo (I believe they might be owned by the same company) and been happy with both. :flower:

Yes, the Emerald Club usually costs $50, but if you visit mousesavers, you can find a way to get this perk for free!

At LAX... does the shuttle bus drop you off at the EMeral Aisle? Curious to how that works.

Thanks

When we rented from National in 2004, the shuttle dropped us off in front of a sign that said Emerald Aisle. We then had to take an elevator to the top of the garage where they had the cars parked.

babylisa4 said:
They are owned by the same company

They may be owned by the same company but their prices are not identical. At least not in my experience.

In Florida, they do have some kind of sisterly agreement though....if you can't find the car of your dreams in the National lot, you can ask and they'll let you pick from the Alamo lot. Probably vise verse too.

You don't have to go through the mousesavers link to get the membership with the Emerald Aisle club for free. We've used this a few times and it is great. You do the registration online, and then when you get to the car lot you pick any car in the EA section. You drive get in the car and drive out through the gate, just showing your card to the attendant. We have been on the road within ten minutes of landing at an airport. Every time we've managed to get a large car or a mid size SUV instead of the midsized car. If you want to register with EA just go directly to the National website and follow the link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter